Going hairy?

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by aeshna5, May 26, 2004.

1. aeshna5

aeshna5 Member

In these uniform image conscious times are there any women out there who are brave enough to defy social convention + publicly bare their leg, armpit or "bikini" hair either occasionally or regularly? If yes, did you get any reactions, either negative or positive?

2. paix

paix Senior Member

I don't shave, and I love it, but I get alot of shit from my family. In fact, my cousin got married this past weekend, and I was in the wedding and my mother told me I absolutley had to shave my arm pits, it was a big argument (not because I care, but it was the principle of the thing) anyway, I ended up shaving, but it's just hair, it grows back.

I don't do anything just for the sake of doing it, so if I feel like shaving I will, but for the past about 8 months, I just haven't, and don't think I will anytime soon. It's really a shame that people in our society are so judgemental, and can't just be comfortable with the fact that others aren't going to make the same chocies that they do. I've gotten very few comments about not shaving, but the one I get alot are "doesn't it smell bad?" (which I answer with, "not if you wash ;) ") None of my friends shave, which is great cause you don't feel like the odd girl out.

3. tuesdayafternoon

tuesdayafternoon Member

paix, I would love to see a pic of you!

4. eccofarmer

eccofarmer Member

NAMASTE

I love hairy it shows me that a person can think for there own self and not let anyone tell them how they should look.I have felt for some time my soulmate or life partner will have dreads and be hairy.I think it looks so natural.

5. paix

paix Senior Member

ah I wish I had one brother, but alas, no :(

I might try to get some up before nationals though, we shall see :)

6. Amontillado

Amontillado Member extraordinaire HipForums Supporter

If you're keen to see pictures of furry females, try:

Results 1 - 10 of about 462,000 for "hairy women". (0.32 seconds)

With that many to choose from, you're sure to find something you'll like.

7. DAV-UK

DAV-UK Member

:D I love it... very sexy.

8. lunar forest

lunar forest Member

I don't shave my armpits, and I think they are beatiful. It's the way a women is meant to look. It IS femenin, and it is lovely! I do shave my legs sometimes. Never in the winter, but it does bother me sometimes when my legs are bare. I'm trying to get over it!

People do look shocked when they see it. "What?! A pretty young women with hair!?" It does make people think sometimes, and that is always good.

9. PuZuZu

PuZuZu Member

i shave cuz i hate hair unless its on my head. indians are lucky because i heard they don't have any hair below their chin or something. i don't know, its just nasty and hairy. i just find skin so pretty that the hair covers it too much. hehe.

to each their own! =D

10. aeshna5

aeshna5 Member

Well done Lunar Forest for not shaving your pits; yes they are beautiful + feminine + wonderful to play with. Enjoy the wind through your leg hairs + for me when I've had g/f who doesn't shave I just love the look + stroking + nuzzling her fuzz; so natural + animalistic. Such a turn-on!

11. Sugar Magnolia

Sugar Magnolia Member

i shave bc i don't like hair and i think my skin feels better when it's smooth. a friend of mine refuses to shave and she'll wear halter tops and skirts, i don't look at her any different. she's my friend and i'm gonna love her either way. that's her thing and it's what she likes so that's cool. a lot of people have said things to me about her like they noticed it and they think it's gross but i tell them it's not bothering you and she likes it so deal with it. it doesn't make her any less of a person bc she doesn't feel the need to pick up a razor everyday and shave. shaving is a pain in the ass, i hate it. but it makes me comfortable and that's all that matters. i don't do it bc i can't think for myself and i'm giving into what's supposed to be "the right thing to do". i just prefer not to have hair on my legs or under my arms...it's as simple as that. and for the ladies that choose not to shave, good for you for not caring what other people think and doing what you want to do. you do what you feel comfortable with even though others may view it as gross or not right and that says a lot about all of you :)

12. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

I only shave under my arms (Just a personal aesthetic thing) but if I'm going to wear something sleeveless. Otherwise it's pointless.

Have my legs waxed in the warm weather (aka shorts season)

Never ever would even dare contemplate loosing the bikini hair.

Reactions:
    Used to get taken the piss out of in high school for having hairly legs. Only girls seemed fussed though, boys didn't care.
    My mother gives me plenty of agro. She works in a beauty saloon (go figure) and has a refined sense of aesthetic.

I just think fuck 'em. My body, my life, none of their business. It doesn't bother me eithier way whether body hair is attractive or not. I just can't really be arssed with getting rid of it.

TTFN
    Sage

13. Muzz

Muzz Member

I have a girl friend who hates shaving her legs but refuses to stop because she's afraid of ridicule. I keep telling her that there has never been a heterosexual male in the history of America who's given two shits about hair on the legs. But she has it drilled in her head that she'll be lynched if there's a single fiber of hair on her leg. Also, she's convinced that it's gross (but can't give a reason why.)

14. mmmnuggets

mmmnuggets Member

ive said thi many times before here and on many other threads Theres not a single thing wrong or un-beautiful about not shaving...its natural and i respect women who dont shave...the creator whoever you chose to call him/her/it/they...intended hair to be there...i actually prefer girls that dont shave...i find intellect and enlightinment sexy so there you go

15. dotadave

dotadave Member

I'm a man that like to defy convention by going shaved. Does that count?

16. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

all during Jr high school & high school I shaved every day, went yrs before my parents even knew I shaved...course they never saw hair and I guess thought
    I just never grew any.
    Now I shave my legs whenever I feel like. I'm wearing shorts in public without
    shaving my legs for couple weeks. SO WHAT...guys do it all the time and nobody says anything about men not shaving. I do shave my armpits more
    often because I sweat alot. But mens armpits sweat and nobody complains.
    How come men can walk around topless with hairy chest & armpits (when they
    sweat too) and everyone thinks its ok any time of the year. When a woman
    wears summer tops or bikinis with even a little stubble other people think its
    gross. Whats the difference between an armpit on a man and one on a woman?
    NOTHING so why does one have to shave?

17. mamasoul

mamasoul Member

if you mean native american indians, i'm not so sure this is true....i think it may be true that we tend to have less body hair in certain areas (not many hairy chests or arms, and my grandmother never shaved and now she has hardly any, but i think that has more to do with age....)
    like some of the other women to reply, i shave occassionally (like 2-3 times a year...really pointless actually...) only my legs though
    people are so used to my hair, that i get more comments when i shave than when i'm natural.....
    i love when i see other hairy sisters in babylon :)

18. thespeez

thespeez Member

I have to agree with you. I've echoed the same sentiments a few times before here as well.
    lunarforest- I admire your spirit! It's too bad more women are not like you!

19. Tamee

Tamee naked

I need to find some hairy friends. I´m the only one I know.

I also need to find some hairy-liking guys, cuz I´m tired of feeling weak and obliged to shave, just to have a boyfriend. I´m getting stronger about this, though.

ANY GUYS LOOKING? :)