Going Green: Sustainable Jewelry Trends for 2023

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Expo Bazaar, Mar 27, 2023.

1. Expo Bazaar

Expo Bazaar Newbie

As people become more environmentally conscious, sustainable jewelry is becoming increasingly popular. In 2023, we can expect to see a continuation of this trend with sustainable jewelry becoming more innovative and creative.

One of the key sustainable jewelry trends for 2023 will be the use of recycled and upcycled materials. From old coins to discarded plastics, designers are finding new ways to turn waste into beautiful pieces of jewelry such as pendant necklace. This not only reduces waste but also gives a new life to materials that would have otherwise ended up in landfills.

Another trend that we can expect to see in 2023 is the use of ethically sourced materials. Consumers are becoming more aware of the impact that mining and other resource extraction has on the environment and local communities. As a result, jewelry designers are turning to ethical sources for materials such as conflict-free diamonds, fair trade gold, and sustainably harvested gemstones.

In addition to using sustainable materials, jewelry designers are also finding new ways to reduce the environmental impact of their production processes. For example, some designers are using 3D printing technology to create their jewelry, which reduces waste and energy consumption.

Finally, we can expect to see a trend towards more minimalist and timeless designs in sustainable jewelry. Consumers are looking for pieces that will last a lifetime rather than following passing trends. This shift towards sustainable and minimalist jewelry is not only good for the environment but also for the consumer's wallet as they can invest in a piece of jewelry that they will cherish for years to come.

Overall, sustainable jewelry trends for 2023 reflect a growing awareness of the impact that our consumption habits have on the environment. As more consumers demand sustainable products, we can expect to see even more innovation and creativity in the jewelry industry.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2023
    Moon Goddess likes this.
  2. Moon Goddess

Moon Goddess Supporter HipForums Supporter

Very informative and interesting. May I suggest posting some pictures as examples?

3. straightma1e

straightma1e Members

I met a man years ago who made jewelry from silverware. He would search estate sales and buy the silver service sets the heirs didn't want, cut it up, and form it into jewelry pieces. He then sold it at local flea markets and swap meets. I've made some of my genital jewelry (cock, glans and ball rings) from material I found here and there.