Going barefoot Vs getting high on drugs

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by TheGreatShoeScam, Feb 21, 2020.

1. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

They spent 50 years and a trillion dollars trying to get people to say no to drugs and failed.

Someone starts a myth in the 1960s that some health code says its illegal to go barefoot in various places and with not a dollar spent and no enforcement besides occasional reminders from busy bodies they got everyone to wear shoes and pretty much won the original 1960s war on bare feet.

2. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

What if you step on something !!

3. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

Very good point! I remember first seeing those stickers saying "no bare feet by the department of heath" in the front door of McDonald's. Never did it mention the name of the state in which the restaurant you were visiting.

4. hippyphile

hippyphile Member

A sure sign of a lie. Any regulation or law has a citation number and a date. Someone "thinking" an action is a violation is not good enough. That applies also to those enforcing regulations.

BarefootedBoy likes this.
  5. mmicmann

mmicmann Member

Much of it was the growing craze for Adidas, Puma and Nike foot ware. When I was a kid, you wore Converse or you went barefoot. But then those shoe companies came along, and you were square if you wore converse and a hick if you went barefoot. I remember my classmates going nuts over Adidas. When I found out what they cost, I thought they were nuts. Bare feet for me, thanks. No cost.

BarefootedBoy and Barefoot-boy like this.