Going barefoot is good for mental health

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by TheGreatShoeScam, Dec 19, 2018.

1. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Yes I am from over in the barefoot forum but I have done the mental health thing, I know.

I swear going barefoot helps anxiety and mood. At first anxiety might go up if your shy about being barefoot like I was a little. It went away. With me it just started as a sport like to see if I could adapt to not wearing shoes like a billion people in the world that don't wear them. I adapted just fine and never went back to wearing shoes unless I really need them. I am in Florida its easy here.

I think it works on mental health cause it feels better and gives the mind stuff to do, feeling the ground and navigating your steps.

Maybe it is earthing at work https://www.google.com/search?q=earthing haven't looked into it.

www.google.com/search?q=barefoot+is+good+for+the+brain ??? Maybe.

That's it. All I know is I was not looking for something to help, I just found it did by accident..

Dude111 likes this.
  2. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

How to Start Barefoot Hiking: 8 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

"But surprisingly, barefoot hikers aren't necessarily thrill-seekers. They're better described as sensation-seekers, with some comparing it to the foot's equivalent of wine tasting.[2] With practice and attentiveness, your feet can adapt to the great outdoors, and anyone can experience a hike in a whole new way. "

the foot's equivalent of wine tasting, I like that way of describing it.

3. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

You dont have to jump into the other forum or sign up for the "barefoot lifestyle" or anything like that.

It just really helps mood and anxiety more then any of the BS products we have all seen.

Difficult time right now this 2020.

I bet if go for a walk barefoot you will think about current less then if you walked with shoes cause navigating barefoot keeps the mind more busy. And is fun once you get the nack of it.

4. Dax

Dax Members

Walking in thorns and over sharp stones is bound to take your mind off most things .. except the pain in your feet.

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

barefooters think too much. 8 steps? how about one step: go hike. it's even fewer steps than hiking with shoes; that has two steps: put on shoes, go hike.

6. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

No, I swear by the go barefoot to knock down anxiety .

I am not the "worried well" they target on TV buy these bullshit pills to naturally boost this or that with some rip off pills.

I know the kind of anxiety attacks to take you to hell. This last two weeks kicked my ass.

Worried about some family far from me.

Problem is if your in your in deep anxiety pitt you want shoes on for defense, protection feel safe but today got my shower done felt just enough better to not put them back on and start doing chores without them.

I screwed up, drank at the CV 19 stress and made it worse, dug that hole.

Last thing I wanted to be was a inadvertent test subject on the going barefoot effects on anxiety.

I am not being a jerk selling go barefoot in the mental health section. It does help.

I wont disagree that just going for a plain old hike outside is not useful but will testify to the effects of just getting the damn shoes off and going about chores or what ever is more helpful then I would ever would have thought reading the crazy bare footer stuff online if I hadent tried it several years ago.

Its not a cure, nothing like a Xanax that comes with its own problems for sure.

I am just going on and on mentally exausted.

Did good today only bought a 200 ml Vodka and not untill 3

I will bust out of the cycle, I SHOULD have known better.

Drink for fun.

NEVER EVER AS A STRESS REDUCER.

If I obey that rule for myself I get nothing worse then a hangover.

This current events, "the plague" I effed up and thought drinking would help.

Digging out now. did good today.

Yesterday just wanted 6 single beers, the clerk get a 12 its cheaper... so I did take the money so I can get out before someone else comes in.

Slugged all 12 quick woke up f anxiety attack from hell.

And today someone pushed up on me and I got aggressive , little bit over the line, I dont like to act that way.

I am so mentally tired, this post is all scattered.

You have been gone for a wile unless we just weren't posting in the same section.

Right ?

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

me? i've been here about as much as always.

i hope you feel better. put down the drink and take a nice long barefoot walk, away from where people are of course.

8. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

I just had nasty anxiety attack. Took a xanax I had since last sept when someone gave me 4 1mg pills. That was the last one.

Barefoot walk was not going to work. Level 1 2 3 and maybe even 4, I still say the barefoot walk will bring it down.

This one was a level 8 on the anxiety scale, threw up.

9 and 10 are the ones where were you look touch with reality totally ER time.

Feel better of course but shouldn't be playing internet, I feel better and can do it but I better try and sleep and rest the mind .

This whole thing going on with the virus, this beyond sucks

Type to you later

9. phil1965

phil1965 Senior Member

Spoken by a man who's obviously never stood on a UK 13a plug, it's enough to make you never remove your shoes again! 13a plug.png

wilsjane likes this.
  10. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I have seen one of those go through the sole of a guys well worn sneakers.
    It was hard not to laugh, :yum:

11. phil1965

phil1965 Senior Member

I bet he wasn't laughing though was he!

12. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Fortunately the pins did not go through the insole, but he was still using a few choice words.
    He was the most clumsy accident prone guy who ever worked for me. One day when we were soldering a large terminal board, he got distracted and picked the soldering iron up by the hot end.
    I had to keep him well away from anything made of glass, particularly theater chandeliers. :yum::yum::yum:

I was working with John Sullivan at the time and I always wondered whether that casual comment gave him the idea for this episode the following year.
    Sadly, John died last year, so I will never know the answer.
    As you may know, the vast majority of scriptwriters draw on their real life experiences and spice them up a bit.
    Roy Clarke was the village policeman in the village where 'Last of the summer wine' was set. Keeping up appearances. was based on a couple who he knew in the London suburbs.

13. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Pain is a teacher and it does take a few stubbed toes to learn.

Its very rare for a regular barefooter to stub toes or step on bad stuff.

Like think about when was you last hand injury or stubbed finger lol

That same awareness that you have going bare handed comes back bare foot, In about a week that awkward "I cant without shoes" thinking goes away as you learn you can.

14. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

No drink today and stores all closed now.

That comportable buzz from alcohol heavy price in rebound anxiety sometimes. I was overdoing it for a few weeks.

15. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

really? that seems dangerous. i mean, it's good in your case, but somewhere an alcoholic is going to die from withdrawal. here they actually just approved food delivery businesses with a liquor license to deliver two shots of liquor with each meal.

16. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Yep that's why the liqueur stores are all still open and essential ,they cant have a million alcoholics going into withdrawals at the same time and stressing the medical system.

Seen many comments online questioning why the heck are liqueur stores essential and open. The news doesn't report why.

I fought through the worst of the relapse.

It is actually good all the liquer sales are shut down at 8pm .

I never ever buy a big bottle. < 375 ml usually just a 200 ml and few airplane bottles. Big bottle drink much then the next day hangover rebound anxiety too tempting if there is any left to drink it to feel better and get deep into the cycle.

I bet many alcoholics that went out and bought a supply got themselves into deep trouble with a case of vodka in the house.

17. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

This makes sense I suppose as wearing shoes is really UN-NATUTAL and throws your natural senses off.....

I go barefoot more than I dont but in the wintertime if I am barefoot I get much colder faster!!