Gods promise

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by inthelibrary, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I have disdain for biblidolators. When you say "God sets the standards not man In his written word the Bible", do you literally believe God "wrote" the Bible or was giving dictation? If so, you open yourself to challenge by those who can point to numerous apparent contradictions from one passage to another. (We might begin with the various accounts of the Resurrection among the four gospels). The Bible is often called the "word of God", but I think of it as the words of men seeking God, to be evaluated with the aid of God-given judgement.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    Asmodean likes this.
  2. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

I can see where your tongue and mouth could be better used, like with your own words, which would show that you learned what you are trying and failing to convey.

Regards
    DL

3. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Sure I will show you two scriptures from the Bible.
    The first will be the fruitage of the Spirit, this is good and the second would be the works of the flesh which is bad[/QUOTE]

??

Yet the flesh houses the spirit and thus is thought well of by the spirit.

Do you not love yourself as Jesus urges you to do?

Regards
    DL

4. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Killing when one can cure is the devils work.

God works quite hard for Satan as he does a lot of killing when he could cure just as easily.

If Yahweh acted more like Jesus, he would still not be moral but would not be such a murderous prick.

Regards
    DL

5. Toasted Oats

Toasted Oats Members

God gave you everything you need to survive and thrive. Your job is to choose wisely.

Promises? laugh!.jpeg

6. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fuck God, what's he done for little kids lately? Send them a few Catholic priests? Who needs a God that allows children to be abused? Sometimes, you just have to take care of your own and fuck everybody else. When believers can actually change the way they treat their own children, I'll become a believer. Archeologists say how a civilization buries their dead shows how advanced they were, but these children are beaten and raped in the most advanced and wealthy country in the world, with the worst social record in the developed world, that also happens to be the most religious. Fuck religion, if this is the best it can do.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019