God

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by Major Peacenik, Dec 31, 2004.

1. Major Peacenik

Major Peacenik Member

I used to think, fuck God.
    Then I 'realized' that there was nothing to fuck.
    Then I 'realized' that by fucking God I'd have to fuck myself and EVERYTHING ELSE!

What's your beef with God? How do you view him? Here's a place to tell about your relationship with him (or discredit his existance!)

2. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

actually, there's whole other forums for this.

3. Major Peacenik

Major Peacenik Member

4. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

Well, sorry man, didn't mean to kill your fun. But it'd be better in the philosophy/religion section. More people will see it anyways.

5. mistera

mistera Member

You people are sad. You have a large VOID in your lifes. God is not the problem ,its man himself.Do not blame the lord for your sad excistances.

6. Major Peacenik

Major Peacenik Member

There's no lord to blame! Eh well.. he's in you :)

7. Mui

Mui Senior Member

God is dead. So is jesus.

8. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

^^^^You could start a religion with this^^^

9. acetonephish

acetonephish lickage

I believe in God, but I think its odd that so many people who believe in God refuse to believe in the supernatural. They say theres no proof, and that its impossible and illogical. Yet they have no proof that this greater being created us all, that he created the earth, etc... etc... The only proof they have is a book. There are UFO books. Why are they any less factual than the bible?

Pfff. If you can believe that this thing named God created us all, created the earth, the very land we are walking on, and that God has no beginning and no end, then you should be able to believe in at least UFO's and crap. The bible speaks of only how God created us. Isnt it possible that on some other planet those alien dudes believe in god too, and that he created them, and the religious nuts refuse to believe in us??

Yessssss!

10. mistera

mistera Member

UFO and crap are just that, CRAP. When you have something that remotely resembles sense, I will listen. Give me something to work with people.

11. MagnanimityMan

MagnanimityMan Member

i kinda slapped the word god with the acceptance of love and the holy spirit. i dont think you need to be christian to have the holy spirit, not at all. i dont think you need to believe in the creation, or the bible in any literal sense... i personally find so so many parallels i compare with today in the bible, and really see some great metaphors that i find useful in my own life, you know? but, i think all this god every religion is searching for is the acceptance of a universal, unconditional love... i think it's horrible how things are all split up, and we dont see eachother as one. as humans. maybe we could all see this god together?

12. Love_N_it

Love_N_it Banned

what did/do you expect or anticipate your God doing for you?

13. MagnanimityMan

MagnanimityMan Member

let us all live enjoyable lives

14. environmental_junkie

environmental_junkie Member

I was going to say something very similar, well said!

15. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I believe in god. I don't believe in organized religion.

16. BradinTheGreat

BradinTheGreat Member

I believe in God. He has done so many great things for me. I don't need proof that he exists or doesn't exist. I have faith that He is out there, and that's all I need.

17. MagnanimityMan

MagnanimityMan Member

=)

18. Disconformitized

Disconformitized Member

When most people say God they're talking about someONE. The idea that god has a personality is childish IMO. You could call it a "Force" I guess. But there's nothing "out there" that we can communicate with and ask for it's love or forgiveness. Also if god/it is omnipresent, (an acceptable notion IMO), than how can it have a concious? Any concious being I know of has a head with a brain inside.

It pisses me off that religions claim to "know" the way... and how thier explinations for our existence leave such giant gaps in their own reasoning.

I'm cofortable with the idea that gravity or electrity being the basis of everything.