God Stuff

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by Toasted Oats, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Toasted Oats

Toasted Oats Members

No one knows anything about God. Period. Biblical stories were told around the campfire to entertain and keep the kids in line at the same time. Since humans are a greedy species it was a natural progression to wealth and control; organized religion emerged. The Jews were used as an example. They were a desert tribe that created a glorious history for themselves. Most of their stories are believable, many are not.
    Christians took this to the extreme with their trinity myth. Islam with it's fashion statement. On and on... Organized religion is responsible for more mayhem and suffering than any human acts. Disgusting. C'mon people! Stop believing all that shit you were TOLD and think for yourself!!

Blank Title

religion.jpeg

themnax and parua like this.
  2. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

You have not explained your philosophy of knowing . I presume you think for yourself , and this implies you think from experience .
    Are You Experienced ? What of hallucination as a meaningful experience ? I experience the voice of 'I love you' . I experience a
    voice of art . Am I loved ... eventually . God can be without identity , perhaps in the least and the most a breath of wind that makes
    words in the clouds . I have followed such words unto no harm .

Driftrue likes this.
  3. Toasted Oats

Toasted Oats Members

I doubt anyone really "knows" anything, except how they feel. Some things just don't make sense and seeing millions pay to play is very disturbing. I'm 70 and have experienced much, I have no bucket list as I did my best to not procrastinate.
    I'd be careful listening to the voices in your head!

4. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Forty years of extensive research concluded the republican party organizes like chickens, and another forty years of extensive studies concluded the neurons in our brains do the same. Chickens organize according to who has the better memory, because that's the best they can manage, and total chaos is the alternative. If they didn't peck one another all the time, they would collective run in circles every time one of them was spooked by something. Sociologists estimate that around 400 people is when all the insanity starts to set in, not because people are particularly stupid, aggressive, or selfish, but because nobody can get anything accomplished any other way, while academics insist we still have a functional democracy, and need to censor the internet.

For a chicken, its not a question of what you believe, and one in five Americans insists the sun revolves around the earth, because nobody ever taught them how to share their words and play nice. Militant atheist have adopted the same strategy as their fundamentalist counterparts, using antiquated Soviet era propaganda, including the complete oxymoron of "Agnostic-Atheist" and some 16 other varieties of atheism that have become widely embraced, because they are fucking organizing like chickens and the truth is the last thing they care about. The most widely recognized leader of militant atheists today is Richard Dawkins, who invented his own nonsense word "meme", encouraging his followers to babble nonsensically, in the name of survival of the fittest atheist.

He was so successful, that eventually the linguists gave the fucking word a different intelligible meaning and it can now be found in the dictionary. One in five Americans insists the sun revolves around the earth, while their teachers insist that, instead of teaching them how to play nice and share their words, they require critical thinking skills, so they can at least argue more intelligibly. Thanks to the efforts of millions of teachers today, the republican party is led by the KKK and our glorious leader cut the mass media a deal on their rent.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  5. Toasted Oats

Toasted Oats Members

I think if you do some logical research (find out who the winners really are) you just might see that political parties are meaningless. They're the same agendas and do nothing to initiate reform. Governments USE people; always been that way.

vote.jpg vote.jpg

Driftrue and Irminsul like this.
  6. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Over 40% of all Wall Street transactions are already being handled by computers, every bureaucrat in DC can now be replaced with computers, some 80% of all public school teachers could easily be replaced with computers, and medical doctors are working hard to replace themselves. We shall see just how governments use people, when they replace them all with machines. Smaller government and lower taxes are no longer the issues. Over a trillion dollars was invested in AI research in the last year alone.

The US Navy no longer makes manned aircraft, and everything is about to change in ways nobody will comprehend. Self-driving cars are nothing, and the only thing holding back automating everything is the AI just keeps getting better. Already, self-driving cars and commercial aircraft have better safety records than people, and AI can diagnose patients better than doctors. The emperor has no clothes, and the machines are about to make it painfully obvious.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  7. Toasted Oats

Toasted Oats Members

Imagine the changes I've seen in 79 years! I'm glad I'm old as I doubt I'm ready for anything new. I stopped following trends when smart phones came out; I don't have one.
    I DO believe the "system" will collapse before technology advances much further. I hope I'm not around for that too.

Just around the corner: Cable TV will die. The future is best represented by...

1.jpg