God Speed You! Mogwai? Sigur Ros? ANYONE?

Discussion in 'Music' started by kidswillbeskeletons, May 12, 2004.

1. kidswillbeskeletons

kidswillbeskeletons Member

HEY does anyone in here listen to God Speed You Black Emperor or Mogwai, the scottish band? what about Sigur Ros? Man, these bands are Incredible with a capital I. Im tellin yah, they are it. this is the best music since 1967. You've gotta get this stuff. Everyone needs to hear it. God Speed is from Canada and Mogwai is from Scotland. Sigur Ros is from Iceland. So go out and find there albums and tell all your friends that listen to MTVand MTV2 that they dont know what they're missing.

2. sonik

sonik Member

Mogwai is pretty cool, not to into sigur ross, and havnt heard of god speed yet.

[​IMG]

3. Silent Jay & The

Silent Jay & The Member

they are all great. but Sigur Ross are the best of them.

4. Mui

Mui Senior Member

yes i love them all especially godspeed

5. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Yeah, I really love Godspeed You Black Emperor as well as Sigur Ros - both are amazing bands!

6. WaitingForTheSun

WaitingForTheSun Member

Oh of course!!! Godspeed is so freaking amazing. When I listen to it, I just have to lay down because they're music is just so heavy and intense. Mogwai is very good, but I only have one CD by them so I don't feel I know very much of their music. And Sigur Ros. Oh god. I listened to them for 3 monthes. Their music is so beautifu that for so long I couldn't even listen to anything else because nothing else even compared. Have you seen their artwork as well? It's up on their site and is very good. Everyone should at least give this music a listen. Truly pure beauty.

7. pink floyd

pink floyd carousing&ransacking

hell, i love all three! i listen to mogwai the most, but sigur ros is pure genius. godspeed is great, but i like the other two better (just my personal opinion) :)

lovin the ambiant music..

8. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I thought Godspeed was ok for a while. But they keep doing the same exact thing, so I don't care for them anymore. They should try doing something different, instead of following the exact same format on every song.

Sigur Ros is ambient music for the masses. I find their music to be kind of dull and rehashed.

Mogwai is pretty decent.

9. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

Sigur Ros never appealed to me, I dont know why.

GYBE was good for awhile, but like Matt said, they tend to get boring after awhile because they do follow the same sort of formula.....

10. lovelyweapon

lovelyweapon Member

I can't really get into any of those bands. I don't mind Godspeed that much - but I totally agree with a couple people before me, it gets old after awhile.

11. KJ is cool

KJ is cool Member

i really like mogwai. i saw them two weeks ago and they put on an awesome show. they sounded awesome live!

12. zopilote

zopilote Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

i only have one godspeed album, so i guess the sameyness wont have kicked in for me yet, but i like lift your skinny fists more than any of the other albums i have around this genre so i guess theyre my favourite...though i went to an explosions in the sky gig in london the other week, and it was just incredibly intense...as good as it can be on cd, this sort of music is made for live performances...im not a big fan of sigur ros on record, but at glastonbury last year, they were one of the highlights...

13. SweeperOfDreams13

SweeperOfDreams13 Member

Sigur Ros is awesome.

14. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

godspeed y.b.e was on the 28 days later soundtrack I think..

great sounds :D

15. TheLittleOne

TheLittleOne Senior Member

Sigur Ros is sweet. i'll be sure to check out the other bands too babe.

16. dee

dee Member

Went to a mogwai gig at brixton, I've been to a lot of gigs and they where the loudest by far. Louder than the old world dance raves many moons ago. Mind u, I was tripping on cid so that might have had something to do with it. At the end my ears felt like they where bleeding other than that it was a good gig. They are mental.

17. candy

candy Member

I LOVE SIGUR ROS!!!!

they rule!!
    peace

18. Skelter

Skelter Helter

sigur ros' "agaetis byrjun" is one of the best albums of the last years. they're a great band. I like GYBE but they keep doing the same thing, same for mogwai.

19. NOmoreBUSH

NOmoreBUSH Member

Some of my favorite bands!! If you like them you should check out "explosions in the sky" or "the album leaf" or "low" or "the microphones" or "the polyphonic spree" they're all very good bands

20. kidswillbeskeletons

kidswillbeskeletons Member

ive heard low, and i enjoyed what i heard. i'm going to be seeing mogwai, interpol and the cure this august. i'm excited. it'll be my second real concert, yes i live a sheltered life out in the stix.