God says atheists are "fools"!

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by ClintonsSon, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Hoppípolla

Hoppípolla Senior Member

hehe good post :)

And aw man. I care deeply what Winnie the Pooh says ._.

[​IMG]

2. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

As for Objective Beings, can you believe do you care what John F. Kennedy's assassination and the perpetrators say? But I know; this will never be a good post.:sunny:

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

"GOD" still doesn't say jack. religious texts say all kinds of things. some of them useful and wise and some of them not. but every religious text, the christian bible, the koran, the zend avesta, the gitas, uponishads, what have you all the same, all are written by humans for human reasons. most not even by the person reputed to be god's choice to be channeled by. the christ of christianity did not himselve write a single word. the first to actually write in their own hand, were the bab and baha'u'llah, and that was less then 200 years ago. mahommid dictated to a secretary, we are told, and christ was merely reported by the literate minority among his cadre. everything before moses had been oral traditions that were written down sometime between his life time and before that of christ. by, i believe, the essenes. the same people who wrote the dead sea scrolls.

so the claim of 'god' itself, whatever if ever a god might happen to be, having "said" anything, is seriously nonsense.

god or something god-like, might "speak" through how we feel about things, and possibly through these souls who every thousand years, give or take a few hundred, reveal the next chapter, so to speak, but even when they write down their revelation themselves, it is still with their very human hands, they write them.

and whatever else may have occupied the mind of christ, his hands and body were nothing other then just as human as anyone else's.

4. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

John 14:6

GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

6 Jesus answered him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one goes to the Father except through me.

If they turn toward Christ, the one who FORGIVES, then their delusions of being banished to Hell fire would leave them sore (since Mercy hurts pretty badly).

5. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Would you provide us with the citations? The two that I know that come close are Psalms 14:1 and 53:1. It does seem a bit foolish though to try to win an argument with atheists by quoting the Bible.

6. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

God can "speak" to one person or to countless people. That isn't a matter of contradiction or non-contradiction. An atheist always has to be at contradiction or non-contradiction for knowing the external vs. internal experience. Now let's see if someone could discuss the law for all of that.:smash:

7. gendorf

gendorf Senior Member

I thought the bible was written by religious monks.and the version you are holding is not the real original version.

8. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

We come to this world seeking, devoted to our own good cause by our good/god seeking nature. In the most practical terms god/good is everyone's in-vocation.

I think themnax would say that goodness is without harm and god does not tell him this. It is possible though that whereas god does not speak to him, it is his godly inheritance in him that speaks. The compelling truth that claims our devotion, god appears to us, our invocation of good.

What law manages our invocations?
    The measure given is the measure received and we feel justified in our affirmations.

9. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Actually, "science" doesn't say that. The "God gene" was the implication of a book title by geneticist Dean Hamer, but if you read the book, the findings don't live up to the title. Hamer simply finds a slight (less than 1% of the variance) relationship between the genetic marker VMAT2, which acts by altering monoamine levels in the brain, and a tendency toward "self transcendence", or feelings of spirituality. Hamer, himself, admitted that this doesn't account for belief in God (it could also account for belief in Bigfoot or UFOs), but may point the way to one neuro-biological pathway that could influence some forms of religious belief or expression. Before we get all Calvinist about it, we should at least realize that the premise is unproven and shouldn't be blamed on "science".

10. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I don't think it does say that. Kinda like the Bible doesn't say God hates fags". People say that, but they're taking liberties with the text. You never did provide the chapters and verses for your claim, so I assume you're talking about Psalm14:1 and Psalm 53:1. The word translated "fool" is nabal, moral fool; it has nothing to do with intellect. "There is no God", strictly speaking, is the position of "hard" atheism, rather than the more common "soft" atheist position that "I don't believe in God." Humans can't know everything, so the hard atheist position does seem foolish (as is the "hard" theist position, since God can't be proven). But more importantly, nabal coveys a rejection of conscience and a belief in "Do what thou wilt" (as the Satanists say). According to Justin Martyr (and Pope Francis), a conscientious person who strives to know and do what is right but simply does not believe in God can be good. Justin says such people should be regarded as Christians, even though they be deemed atheists.

11. LornaDoom

LornaDoom Senior Member

weak..you cant say that something says something without proving it..fail