God says atheists are "fools"!

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by ClintonsSon, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

I was gonna point out all the wrong with this statement but then I remembered I've been blocked by RIF 'cause I called her a troll once. :love:

2. ClintonsSon

ClintonsSon Yeah......it's Me!!

Understand this : I am NOT calling anyone a fool. I am just saying that according to a literal reading of the Bible......God says that those who say "there is No God" are "fools" aka morally deficient people who want to live in their sin and wrongdoing and deny God to justify it.

3. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Inquisitiveness has brought humanity to this point--should we not keep questioning the nature of existance and our place in it? Or should we settle for the limited knowledge of ancient peoples that didn't even know if the earth rotated around the sun or the opposite was true? Kind of sounds like the way some of these Islamic radicals think. And I suppose radical christians in some cases also. Accept or die in the first case and accept or be thought a sinner and not worthy as a person in the second.

What a sad,sad world this would be without the arts,free will and the fear of expression of ones own thoughts.

If humantity was meant to actually know the answers---we would know with no room for doubt.

Some say we do--some say we don't. Call me if there's any change,please.

4. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

The bible contradicts itself a lot. For instance Jesus said, "Call no man a fool".

5. ClintonsSon

Acknowledging God doesnt have to "limit" thought! What about people like Newton and Pascal and Galileo etc. Not idiots by an sense of the word and they believed. Newton was a genius, one of the Giants of science and he believed and studied, not just read, the Bible.

6. ClintonsSon

I think a lot of times it has to do with the translation of the original languages. The word "fool" might mean a totally different thing in those instances. Jesus is referring to basically calling someone an idiot...while the Psalms (14 and 53) refer to character qualities.

7. scratcho

That's good. They still didn't know the answer,for example ,what ACTUALLY happens after death. As you must know,faith is differant than proof.

8. scratcho

Hey,don't get me wrong,brother. I sure am not saying I know what this place is all about.

9. Resistance isn't futile

Resistance isn't futile Member

We as a species are some where between animals and the devine. We are given the chance to choose to be more than the sum of our existance. Therefore none of the great revealed religions are inherently violent but they have a history filled with voilence because humans are violent and agressive by nature.

What religion does is offer a pathway (if followed) to peace. (For example, at the time of the prophet (pbuh) men considered the birth of girls a great shame and they would bury them alive. Islam put an end to that practice. )

Curiosity is fine and Islam is very much a faith of academics. It promotes science and philosophies. But these things must be explored prudently and with responsibility.

In the end God by very nature is so vast and great... That he would defy even a trillion years of technological, social and philisophical evolution. Therefore the only way to know of the existence of God is that he must be felt by the hart. And in order to feel this, a person must first come to understand just how truely insignificant they are in this universe.

Because the moment anyone truely understands their own insignificance then their ego is stripped away and they will be able to close their eyes and hear words of love God inscribes on their hart.

10. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

Convenient, an appeal to emotion, that the only way to find god is to absolve one's self from reason and logic by relying upon one's heart, which clearly is not proof of the existence of god.

11. Resistance isn't futile

Emotion is part of the equation and anyone that can't see that can't see God. If someone can't feel God in their hart, then they are no different than a blind man in a maze or a deaf man listening to music.

No one can devise any kind of experiment, mathematical model or proof for the existance of God. Because if such a thing could be done, then God would not be absolute and that which is not abolute can not be God. Equally there is no logic or equation to prove our own existance... We simply are and we know exist because we can feel our own existance. And this is the miracle of our own creation.

Believe whatever it is you wish. But know this that in the end I have something very precious and that it fills me with peace, a love beyond compare and solace in my times of need.

12. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

If such a thing could be done, everyone would believe in god without question, thus eliminating the need for faith.

You are more than welcome to your delusion. :sunny:

13. Resistance isn't futile

"Everyone would believe in God without question"
    No not everyone would believe without question because it comes right back to the very nature of humanity.

Consider this that the very day that someone "scientifically proved" the existance of God...

1) The greedy, corrupt and powerful would deny it and use propoganda to keep the masses ignorant... Because the existance of God threatens their power.

2) The greedy, corrupt and powerful would also say "well now that we proved God exists.. how can we become powerful like God."

Think about it... The greedy, corrupt and powerful have always done evil and horrific things. Does anyone truely expect them to become altuistic and pious just because they have would now have scientific proof?

Ultimately I can only speculate that this is perhaps the reason why you can only find God through the hart.

14. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

You certainly are doing quite a bit of that.

15. Resistance isn't futile

You win...
    Now go collect your prize and show it off to your friends.

16. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

A few "moral" atheists, I pulled these from here, which is a page pointing to list upon list of hundreds (or more) names of atheists and so on:

• Richard Carlile (1790–1843): English activist. He was an important agitator for the establishment of universal suffrage and freedom of the press in the United Kingdom.[9]
    • Vinayak Damodar Savarkar (1883–1966): Indian revolutionary freedom fighter, and Hindu nationalist leader.[52]
    • Zackie Achmat (born 1962): South African anti-HIV/AIDS activist; founder of the Treatment Action Campaign.[60]
    • Ingrid Newkirk (born 1949): British-born animal rights activist, author, and president and co-founder of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, the world's largest animal rights organization.[76][77]
    • Deng Pufang (born 1944): Chinese handicap people's rights activist, first son of China's former Paramount leader Deng Xiaoping.[78]
    • Henry Stephens Salt (1851–1939): English writer and campaigner for social reform in the fields of prisons, schools, economic institutions and the treatment of animals, a noted anti-vivisectionist and pacifist, and a literary critic, biographer, classical scholar and naturalist, and the man who introduced Mahatma Gandhi to the influential works of Henry David Thoreau.[80]
    • Andrei Sakharov (1921-1989): Soviet nuclear physicist, dissident and human rights activist. He gained renown as the designer of the Soviet Union's Third Idea, a codename for Soviet development of thermonuclear weapons. Sakharov was an advocate of civil liberties and civil reforms in the Soviet Union. He was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1975. The Sakharov Prize, which is awarded annually by the European Parliament for people and organizations dedicated to human rights and freedoms, is named in his honor.[81][82][83]
    • Rosika Schwimmer (1877–1948): Hungarian-born pacifist, feminist and female suffragist.[85]
    • Jimmy Wales: co-founder of Wikipedia.[89]
    • Aristophanes (c. 446 BC – c. 386 BC): Ancient Greek playwright and poet.[9]
    • Albert Camus (1913–1960): French philosopher and novelist who has been considered a luminary of existentialism. He won the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1957.[37][38]
    • Robert Cailliau (1947–): Belgian informatics engineer and computer scientist who, together with Sir Tim Berners-Lee, developed the World Wide Web.[46]
    • Stephen Hawking (1942–): arguably the world's pre-eminent scientist advocates atheism in The Grand Design[129]
    • Alfred Nobel (1833–1896): Swedish chemist, engineer, innovator, and armaments manufacturer. He is the inventor of dynamite. In his last will, he used his enormous fortune to institute the Nobel Prizes.[206]
    • Nikolai Vavilov (1887–1943): Russian and Soviet botanist and geneticist best known for having identified the centres of origin of cultivated plants. He devoted his life to the study and improvement of wheat, corn, and other cereal crops that sustain the global population.[301]
    • Émile Durkheim (1858–1917): French sociologist whose contributions were instrumental in the formation of sociology and anthropology.[89]

17. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

So if we can provide one example of an atheist who is not a fool.....

God is wrong.

18. deleted

deleted Visitor

Ive been hearing voices all my life and God dont mumble a single word.. :(

19. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

I'm waiting for post from Clintons Dad.

20. deleted

deleted Visitor

God told me it was prayer time 10minutes ago, and Im going to hell for smoking a joint and playing with you filthy hippies...

I retract comment #38