God is an atheist

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by The World of Dan, Aug 29, 2005.

1. The World of Dan

The World of Dan FSMFTW

No... I have a quarrell with anyone/anything that tries to bullshit people, be it the government, religion, cancer cures, whatever.. If you can't prove something with substancial evidence, then I reserve my right to not believe something.

It just so happens that christanity (or rather christanity's idea of god, after all, it's not like they're the only culture in the world to believe in gods) is in my viewfinder at the moment because the majority of religous people in the western world believe in the bible god (even jews and muslims all believe in the same guy, just in diffrent ways), so he's the one i hear the most about.

Believe it or not, I don't have a problem with 'faith' itself.... I'm happy for people to believe whatever they want, and respect their own right to worship, provided it does not affect me in a negative way...

2. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

A good description of God. That's the only reason. Of course there are other paths of understanding, but the crash course offered by God through the bible seems to be good enough for the majority of westerners.

3. The World of Dan

The World of Dan FSMFTW

But there you go... the *bible*... tell me something, the bible was written by god himself, right? His way of getting people to learn about him and thus gain access to him?

So why are there so many errors in it?

Surely the perfect god should be able to write a perfect book? His one connection with the living - and it's full of such glairingly obvious errors that anyone which any sence will realise it's bullshit from the outset.

4. Colours

Colours Senior Member

men supposedly wrote the bible. I suppose one can make mistake when trying to recall/interpret a vision/dream.

5. The World of Dan

The World of Dan FSMFTW

But this is god's connection to man, is it not? Surely, if he's able to do something such a create the universe, surely he can make sure that this one shread of proof is top notch, even if he is writing it via man.

I mean, it's not like it's one or two minor errors... it's HUGE errors, and lots of them..

6. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

So were you.
    Why don't you know God exists? Perhaps... a wild guess... God didn't teach you yet?
    Yeah. Intentional errors in the book sure throw people off. Pretty funny if you ask me, but then again, you didn't, did you?
    Yeah. Wow. God's only connection with the living is the bible. You are an enlightened individual. Well, maybe in a comic book you would be enlightened. Don't worry, the power of the crucifix will protect you from vampires and your mind from God.

7. The World of Dan

The World of Dan FSMFTW

Again, nothing but theistic bullshit... "have faith" - "you don't need to believe in god, god believes in you" - "just send us money and we'll make sure you get stright to heaven"... all of it utter crap.

As for your opinion that god has not taught me yet, why not? What's wrong with me? He loves me right? Each and everyone of us, from the seconed we're born, and wants us to believe in him so we can enter the kingdom of heaven... so why not me?

And why do the believers in god have lots of diffrent views of god? Surely, one man, with one message, it would be easy to do (heck, he created the universe right?)

And if he created me, personally, he would know what makes me tick, and the way that I think, and he would know that I'm the sort of person that need proof before I believe in things..... so why hasn't he given me this proof?

(PS, I see that you're now resorting to insulting me, saying that not enlightened.. please note that I've not once insulted you, or your beliefs, I've simplay asked some questions... If nothing else this just shows what type of person you truly are).

8. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

Lol. I said none of those things to you. Sure you aren't the bullshitter here?
    Ask God.
    Perhaps God does not want a bunch of cookie cutter kids. Is everyone shaped the same?
    Perhaps you are not ready for God.
    It's the truth. It's not an insult to call a handicapped person handicapped, a white person white, or a black person black.
    "Again, nothing but theistic bullshit.. all of it utter crap."
    You do not even know what you have said:

9. The World of Dan

The World of Dan FSMFTW

You know... I have done this, you might not believe that I've asked for help from above... but you know what, nothing happend... no signs, no seeing jesus though my letter box - just the realisation that I control my own life, that I'm responsable for my own actions, and if I want something done, I need to do it myself.

I found god.... he was me.... I am my own god, the controler of my own destany.

(PS, I've noticed that you've answered a lot of the questions with "perhaps", in other words, you don't know, you're just guessing.... hardly something worthy of basing your life on, a *guess*)

(PPS, by calling your answers 'theistic bullshit', I was not insulting you, just pointing out that they're exacly the same type of answers that I get from all theists.... alas, they all lack any substance, and therefore worthless to me).

10. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

I was at that point once. Just means you got more growing to do. Nothing wrong or wierd about that.
    Perhaps you should not take my wording to mean I do not know, but rather take it to mean that I am being soft with you.
    Can babies digest steak?

11. The World of Dan

The World of Dan FSMFTW

No, it does not mean more growing... now you're just throwing more insults in my face, saying that I'm not mature... Just because I'm not going to abandon all sence of logic and reason and follow your example, I'm immature....

I've had it with you... if you can't even have this conversation rationally, then I'm not interested in having it at all.. good day to you sir.

12. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

Lol... you're a cute little bugger, ain't you?
    Well, conversely, I think if you do not follow my example, it is a sign of greatness and intelligence. Something far more than what I have.
    Perhaps you would like a spot of tea with your crumpets? No?
    Well, you should try the cinnamon rolls, they are simply divine. And the tea, ohh the tea, it has the extract of myristica purified to extract the saffrole, which is then prepared through various stages to prepare this divine tea of ecstacy. Simply wonderful..
    And a good day to you too, you are simply the best conversationalist I have run across in all the days I've lived. I certainly have enjoyed our little chat.

tata!

13. The World of Dan

The World of Dan FSMFTW

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not... but I'll take that as a compliment..

I was enjoying it myself, until it got silly towards the end :p

anyway, tata

14. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

It is. well, it was and still is. Ohh time shmime....
    That's how I usually feel about sex. I mean, goo is so silly and messy...
    Yes, I must be on my way. I am on a mission from God...