God exists...

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by 121, May 10, 2007.

1. 121

121 Senior Member

Most religions were manifested my man when they thought the world was flat. I have nothing against those that believe in theses manifestations because religion gives alot of people a sense of culture and identity.

2. indian~summer

indian~summer yo ho & a bottle of yum

it's like this, it's like this okay....god exists....and at the same time he does not exist
    done.
    now who wants some margaritas and shrimp cocktail?
    we'll meet in my backyard in say 5?
    okay..done.

3. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

God exists because we keep him alive moment by moment in our thoughts and in our prayers.

The day the world stops praying will usher in a new era, and will lead to our eventual damnation [​IMG]

Hotwater

4. 121

121 Senior Member

Check out the Corona Explosion vid in this link
    http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/videogallery/index.html

I find it amazing how energy can exist in the vacuum of space. If space is an infinite vaccum then why is it full of an infinite number of gigantic burning stars? The concept of an infinite vacuum blows my mind too.

I will always be thrown by this amazing fact. With this in mind, Jesus was not resurected from death by God. Muslims will not meet 1000 virgins after they blow themselves up for Islam. You can 'believe' it if you like, but you know a part of you knows it isn't true, no matter how much you want to believe it.

That part is the truth. The raw physics that we can't control. If I choose a religion to follow then I could entertain 'easy to digest' answers to everything that cannot be explained.
    I even have a variety of flavours :D Islam, Buddism, Christianity etc.

For example, lets say you saw an insect walking across your Nike trainers. Could that insect ever know that it's on a trainer? Could it ever know that the brand was Nike? You know it can't. It doesn't have the mental capacity or need it. With that in mind, there must be something we could never comprehend. We're only limited to our senses. Thats God, you can see it through the Hubble Telescope :D

We know that there is a force that we cannot control, but why chose religion? Why light a candle and pray? Why blow yourself up? It's 2007 :confused:

Edit: Listen to this guy https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=patcondell

5. Posthumous

Posthumous Resident Smartass

6. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Good, we're on the same page then....:)

7. Posthumous

Posthumous Resident Smartass

No, I seem to be about 2.5 million pages ahead of you, but I'll slow down to let you catch up.

8. LetLovinTakeHold

There's not even that many pages in the book I'm readin maaaan. Whats yours called?

9. 121

121 Senior Member

Posthumous has questioned replies on this thread logically and to the point. Those that have felt attacked by his logic have replied with comments suggesting that he is insulting.. Posthumous is refreshingly sane and the religious nuts are the ones that offend the intelligent.

10. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Man... I'm up for it.

11. LetLovinTakeHold

I don't know if you're talkin about me or not, 121. But I am not a religious man. Religion hasn't done anything for this world but seperate us. It is man made....faith is what has been handed down from God. I haven't felt offended at all from any of this....so maybe you aren't talking about me. But why does it offend you when someone has different beliefs than you?

12. LetLovinTakeHold

Don't worry, about a thing. Cuz every little thing, is gonna be alright.

13. 121

121 Senior Member

I don't have religious beliefs. Check out some of these vids...

https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=patcondell

Pat Condell is awesome :D

14. LetLovinTakeHold

I wish I could...but living in the stix makes for dial up my only means of connection.

And I can tell that you don't have any religious beliefs, I was refering to it offending you when people do....

15. 121

121 Senior Member

I don't find it offensive LetLovinTakeHold. What I can't understand is why a staggering percentage of the human population entertains and believes in these dated fantasies.

16. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

God, god, god... WHICH GOD ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???

And what about the Goddess? If your god exists, the the goddess must exist as well.

Oh, and I have no Nike trainers. Can you sell me some Nike trainers?

17. rebelfight420

rebelfight420 Banned

Did Jesus ever get a boner . If he did that might mean he was in lust and if not it means he was imperfect because he couldnt.

18. 121

121 Senior Member

You need to re read this whole thread :D

19. 121

121 Senior Member

Jesus never achieved a boner..Christianity teaches that sexual intercourse is only to make children. Apparently it's a sin to enjoy it (according to christians) and the christian god raped Mary.. she didn't even get physically f****d but ended up knocked up :leaving: Can you say 'date rape' ?

20. LetLovinTakeHold

Christianity teaches that sex is a wonderful, and beautiful thing......between a husband and a wife. Not just to procreate, but to express true and passionate love.

I find that the problom most people have with Christianity, are the Christians. I've met a lot of Christians, but very VERY few of them hold true to what Christianity SHOULD be. It has been corrupted and miskewed all the hell and has gone soooo far a way from what it was meant to be. Jesus said to above all....LOVE. When you have love for everything and everyone, then all the rest will fall into place