"God and homosexuals"

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by Bare Foot Bunny Hugg, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Senior Member

Ug. Me too.

2. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

But it is still mentioned in the Old Testament as a command by God, (being that Jesus is God in the flesh). Paul just reiterated it.

3. arlia

arlia Members

paul was converted.......
    the story of paul i think is very signifiacant.......he was a bad man before he experienced god,he went out to go slaughter christinas,then wen he found god on the road to damascus his life was changed around,he did a 180.and went round preaching to the christians,this encourages me that if paul could turn his life around and become this powerful wise man of god,then it is not impossible for murders adn ppl who are thought of us dangerous,insane,a bad person etc from our society

4. Cerberus

Cerberus Member

I'll do a quick translation for those who have just entered thread. We'll start off with the Christian Squad:

Epiphany: "Blablabla blabla blalblabala I don't actually have any points."

Brocktoon: "Blalblablbalbalblaba I am unable to discuss actual points but rather choose to put up a smoke screen."

arlia: "Blalbalblbablabla punctuation is my friend."

People with intelligence:

Blackguard: "I make valid points and wish to learn new things."

Amanda N: "I know what I am talking about, too bad not many people are able to argue properly with me and instead avoid the primary arguments."

Cerberus: "I feel like flaming and being an asshole."

Seriously, I like reading these threads. It is like you people go to church to practice all your comebacks and arguments, because you all spew the same rubbish!
    I respect people's choice of religion but I think they mistake occurances in their life for devine intervention. We don't know how everything works, we have no grounds for comparisson, so how do you know whatever feeling you get is really god and not just a normal feeling?

The bible(unworthy of a capital B in my opinion) was written by man. Even if it was inspired by god it was still writen by man and thus subject to man's failings. The Muslims claim the Qur'an(sp?) to be the final unchanged word of god, every religions claims their holy texts to be so. Baby's bath book, for all we know, could be gods word, and if it was I'd be more inclined to follow it as it is far more simple and contains far less bullshit and no rules like the bible.

Who cares if someone is gay? Why does ones sexual preference have so much influence on the way they are viewed by others? Why would god care? God is beyond trivial human matters if he truly is omnipotent(etc) and is beyond emotions such as love. You can quote all the nonsense you want from the bible to "prove" otherwise but we go back to the argument that it was written by man.

I think you and your god are very insecure if such issues bother you.

Oh no, I guess my whole post will be made to look irrelevant by Brocktoon who will use ego-boosting techniques, sentence by sentence break down, CAPITALS, aswell as attempts at humour to acchieve this. Don't bother, I don't care.

5. arlia

arlia Members

chill man seriously,can all you say is blah!
    about me,and that i use alot of punctuation,well at least you wernt liek tat other moron who picked up on my dislexia!
    to be honest mate i really dont care about any bashes you amy have on me or any of these guys,the fact is this is a CHRISTIAN forum for people to discuss christianity without arguments starting,if you cant discus a topic without it getting personal then i suggest you go to a 'im feeling ina bad ass mood and need to take it out on somebody thread' instead of this one!

6. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

man, you guys are no fun to debate with! People get so anal about the smallest things. Who the hell cares about punctuation?

I think the point of this thread was lost a while ago. that's too bad.

7. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl Banned

I havent been through every post in this thread (and Cerberus version was stupid) but I wonder why people are confused or outraged by any of this.

The question is asking us to presume this 'God of the Bible' is real and the Bible is what its said to be.
    (This is for the sake of the question)

Ok great.
    The Old Testament is pretty clear about Homosexuality being a 'Negative' action.

Jesus comes along and pretty much gives the Old Testament a 'Thumbs up'.

Homosexuality gets 'Dissed' by St.Paul in the Book of Romans.

Now.. someone can create a smokescreen and avoid the actual question by now trying to change this into a debate about the Authorship of the Scriptures or whether the Bible deserves a 'Small b' or a 'Capital B'.

This particular question IS asking us to presume the God of the Bible 'is as presumed' by Christians.

So sticking to the actual real facts, points and question - Homosexuality (the action) is, at least, 'Negative' according to even the most flexible readings of the Old and New Testaments.

8. Spinor

Spinor Member

None of you still get it......

Everything the Bible says is completely true.
    and
    Everything the Bible says is completely false.

9. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

God made homophobes and homosexuals. They are both Gay, but the one group doesn't admit it. Which is pretty funny- sorta like a little girl with a crush on somebody. They act like they hate them, do really mean things to them, when all along they adore them. Otherwise, they wouldn't be so interested in what they are doing (sucking eachothers dicks, lickin' the....).

10. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

11. Amanda N

Amanda N Member

witty (uumm, i think) - but you need to explain why!!

12. Spinor

Spinor Member

I can explain, but you are asking alot.

Short text bytes may not suffice, though if you look at the other posts I have made, you may begin to understand some of the basic concepts from which I am speaking.

At the risk of oversimplifying, suffice it to say that all notions are both true and false, but not always at the same time.

Debates on subjects that are necessarilly, and only, defined using broad sweeping generalizations will embody details which are, for the most part, superfluous. Most of the notions are , as it were, 'not even wrong'.

All is a question of one;s preferred 'reference frame'.

Even immediate, highly restricted, and grossly physical events are equally 'other than they are', given an appropriate change in reference.

For more complex notions, such as those regarding larger time and space scales, it is not even difficult to identify a change of references wherein one set of presumptions dissolves into another completely different or even opposite set.....once you step back and begin to define terms, you find that you pretty much can conclude anything you want about anything.

And, perhaps even more important than this is the basic reason why it is true. It is true because 'self-reference' is perhaps the most fundamental property of nature which can be identified.

'All', with a capital 'A' is a recursive hierarchy of 'self-reference'. A hall of objects and reflections, each also sharing the other's role given an isometric change of reference.

And, by this same assertion, everything I have just described and proposed is also 'false', or can be described by some other structure, given the appropriate change in reference. However, there is one important difference, the structure I am describing is in a sense a 'theory of theories'. It is a reduced form knowledge system which only repudiates itself at its basis.

13. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl Banned

Once again.. Off topic.

'IF' the question is asking "'IF' the Bible is what you Christians say it is and your God does exist - then - 'Why' do you see Homosexual behavior' as 'Wrong'.

When you choose to discuss the reliability of the Bible, whether God exists and if Yahweh is He (etc etc) -- then you are avoiding the question.

As to Spinors assertion - Can I fairly say (according to your logic) that your entire post is 'False'.

Surely you are not saying that all things are both true or false (relative 'truth') except the one 'objective' truth (that all other things are subjective truth).

Well I think you were clear in your post but i had to 'ask' anyway.

As far as 'Not Getting it' - I already got the whole 'Subjective Truth' long time ago.. in fact I was raised on it to a large degree heh.

I returned the whole idea a few years ago.. but its interesting to see your take on it.

14. Amanda N

Amanda N Member

Spinor, at this point i have to admit to you I've no idea what you're on about... but then (as I explained in the other thread) that I've had a bit of a party evening, and as such I'm not on best form :p

I'll read it when I get home tomorrow and see what I make of it then.

15. cabdirazzaq

cabdirazzaq Member

Are you claiming that such a great righteous man would accept this kind of loathsome, abominable, detestable and plainly disgusting act?

I'm not sure if I should cry or laugh when I hear about gays becoming priests and bishops, how astray has thou not not become O you claimed followers of Christ, the Messiah!

16. Mui

Mui Senior Member

fag

17. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl Banned

Christians will usually point to:
    Rom1:26-27 : For this reason God gave them up to degrading passions. Their women exchanged natural intercourse for unnatural, and in the same way also the men, giving up natural intercourse with women, were consumed with passion for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and received in their own persons the due penalty for their error.

Of course there are many many shameful, discouraging or 'Negative' actions people can be guilty of.
    You know what is spoken against more than (almost) anything else - Gossip!

So, its pretty clear Jesus is opposed to whatever it is that can make us sad, hurt or destroyed inside.

You know what is signifigant about this whole topic?
    In any other time, in most any culture and among any subculture - we would not be having a discussion about whether or not God condones Homosexual sex.

Even just 30 years ago - nobody needed to 'search the scriptures' to find out whether we had reason to 'condone' or 'avoid' this type of action.

Very very signifigant change.
    I guess we will find out if this new way of things will work or not?

18. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

Hey, if you think your own body is that disgusting, you probably disapprove of God's engineering abilities. Good job condemning your maker. Lemme clue you in on something, sex feels good because God made it that way. If God gives you ice cream and you don't except it, it doesn't mean the ice cream is bad, it means that you were not ready for it at the time.

I've gotta mention sex in general. There are all these fluids involved, holes, etc. Most peoples bodies don't look too hot. I'm not one to poke a poopchute, but I did do it to my girlfriend by accident when I was wasted. I didn't know until the next day when she was walking around all funny and I asked her if she was all right. She said "Dickhead, don't you remember?" and preceded to tell me. lol, it was super funny.

19. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

The U.S. army was working on a drug/aphrodisiac that would make enemy soldiers get all horny for eachother to lower their moral. Pretty funny, huh?

The point is, God makes men horny for men, women wet for women, and men for women, or whatever combination God decides to make. If God puts a certain type of attraction within someone, it is for their own good and enjoyment. Only an asshole would assume God is trying to harm God's creation by tempting them into something bad (likewise, only an asshole blames the devil for something, because they are avoiding the fact that God set everything up to happen).

Pretty clear sighted. Judge not lest you be judged, for with the judgement you mete out, you will be judged by yourself.

20. dutch_diciple

dutch_diciple Member

kharakov, I know that the decision to use language as 'fuckwad' and 'go fuck yourself' is for you to take, but I ask you kindly, please mind your tongue. That would at least make for a better and friendlier atmosphere in this forum. Thank you.

And 'if it feels good, do it' is not biblical. Feelings are not always good because it feels good. It can be deceiving. It can lead us there were it's not good to go.

When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is fullgrown, gives birth to death. James 1:12-15