"God and homosexuals"

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by Bare Foot Bunny Hugg, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Spinor

Spinor Member

Virtually all religious texts contain inconsistencies within themselves and in violation of any reasonable interpretation of their basic precepts. The Bible is no different.

In particlular:

-Any fundamental and unitary force (i.e God of most any definition) must, by defintion, from itself only, generate the rest of nature.

-Since all that it itself generates, is also part of its devine makeup, then God's principle process of procreation is either sexless or homosexual.

2. Spinor

Spinor Member

Virtually all religious texts contain inconsistencies within themselves and in violation of any reasonable interpretation of their basic precepts. The Bible is no different.

In particlular:

-Any fundamental and unitary force (i.e God of most any definition) must, by defintion, from itself only, generate the rest of nature.

-Since all that it itself generates, is also part of its devine makeup, then God's principle process of procreation is either sexless or homosexual.

3. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

hes a classic..."the everything revolves around the earth", when you look at the sky you see everything revolving round it, those experiments confirmened the hypothesis, but the one experiment be Galileo and such PROVED divinitly that that hypothesis is wrong...i can get others but it wil take a little time to get some...most exaplmes are from psyicas and chemistry...

4. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

'For every problem there is a solution that is simple, clear, & wrong.' H.L. Mencken

5. Amanda N

Amanda N Member

OK... and this has relevence to this thread - why?

PS, when i asked you to name one, it was a retoracle question.. my point is that you can't base your disbelieve of science on one event (after all, was it not science in this case that proved the earth orbted the sun)

I don't understand what you're trying to get at, and what relevance it has to homosexuality.

6. Brocktoon

Brocktoon Banned

'Homosexual' was a poorly thought out name for a Psychiatric Problem which caused Men to Desire Sex with Men.

Since you desire to have sex with Men and/or Women.. its likely that many people who call themselves 'Gays' would prefer you did NOT call yourself 'A Gay'.

You dont even accept your own premise.
    Why did I say that?

If someone is robbing banks for a living (and enjoying the payoff too) you would NOT accept this is 'Good' because 'God made Bank Robbers'.

You are also implying that Humans have no Free Will and are essentially nothing more than 'Robots' who are 'pre-programmed' to make a series of choices. Im not familiar with that religion?

More interesting than anything in that claim of yours... you believe in 'Right' and 'Wrong'?

GIVE ME A BREAK!

That OBVIOUSLY Applies to almost EVERY SINGLE LIFE CHOICE AND PATH MADE BY ANYONE ANYWHERE!

Nobody 'wakes up one day and say' "Im going to be a smoker"
    "Im gonna be an Alcoholic"
    "Im gonna have an amazing work ethic"

Nobody wakes up and says "Hmm Im going to be an asshole to people all my life".

Sorry but this "nobody wakes up and says Im going to be a Gay' line is simply the most lame-ass rhetoric of all Gaydom.

Hmm.. since my only options are "People wake up one day and declare they want to be Gay"
    or
    They must be born homosexual babies?

Well then.. ya.. that means some children are 'born gay'.

COME ON!

There is no evidence anyone is 'Born Gay'.. mind you, there is every reason people CHOOSE this (for all kinds of reasons incl. Psychological comfort or compensation, social status and sheer sexual gratification)

Well I dont think too many people are concerned about marriage being between a man in a woman?
    You lost me on that last paragraph??

Terrific.
    Im sure you enjoy sexual gratification with another woman.
    Im not sure why your telling us about the way you get off but good luck with that.

Personally, I will not refer to you as 'A Gay', a 'Bi' or a 'Homosexual'.
    [although we have to use those terms in a forum since others use those terms]

To me.. you are a woman who also has sex with other women sometimes.
    Your not 'A' anything to me based on how you orgasm with chicks.

7. Mui

Mui Senior Member

god is a fag

8. BlackGuardXIII

There is no evidence anyone is 'Born Gay'.. mind you, there is every reason people CHOOSE this (for all kinds of reasons incl. Psychological comfort or compensation, social status and sheer sexual gratification)
    'Homosexual' was a poorly thought out name for a Psychiatric Problem which caused Men to Desire Sex with Men.
    Sorry but this "nobody wakes up and says Im going to be a Gay' line is simply the most lame-ass rhetoric of all Gaydom.
    Brocktoon
    There is plenty of evidence that shows the physical, biological differences between the brains of men and women. Gay people tend to have brains that are structured more closely to the opposite sex, which would tend to suggest that they were born gay.
    Besides, anyone who has grown up alongside someone who is gay would laugh at your statement. It is obvious from early on in many cases, and no surprise at all when the person grows up to be gay.
    Homosexuality is not a psychiatric problem, according to the University courses I took. I personally find it to be normal. I think that a gay couple can share a love that is as beautiful, strong, and healthy as a straight couple can. I have met some very wonderful gay couples whose devotion to each other puts most straight couples I have met to shame.
    The final point I find disagreeable is the denunciation of the commonly referred explanation of gay people not choosing their sexuality. Did you choose to be hetero? I didn't, but I prefer sex with women, though I do not have anything to compare it to....
    I have seen how the self-righteous, indignant, and hateful message that you repeat above is absorbed, believed, and then used by bullies as an excuse to hurt gay people in many ways. Legal discrimination, verbal abuse, and even physical violence.
    If you think of how many effeminate guys get picked on their whole school lives, just becuz of the justified hatred that some bigots act on....it is a very disgusting and sad commentary on the lack of respect that so many have for the freedom that all gay people deserve, to live in peace. Instead, they live in a state of awareness that at any time, their sexuality could be the sole reason that a total stranger might attack them, beat them, and even kill them.
    This is why the comment 'no one would choose to be gay.' is such a descriptive argument. Who would choose to be persecuted their whole life, from childhood to old age, so they can be gay? Very few, I would suggest.

9. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

This question has been asked numerous times. The point is that by having the Holy Spirit and reading the Bible, you will see the Lord's view on homosexuality. God never said the humans were abominable in his eyes, rather he said that the act of humans partaking in homosexuality itself was. Asking those in a Christian forum not to use the Bible to debate a subject is rather futile.

I find it interesting that people always say things such as, "You need to read this book before you talk about your book." They want you to read a book, yet, when you mention the book of the Bible, they are up in arms. If I wanted man's theories, I would turn to philosophy. I want God's truth, so I shall turn to him.

Psychology has come up with numerous theories as to what causes homosexuality. Failure to identify with the parent of the same sex, heredity from one parent, or nature and nuture. The problem with the field is the fact that psychologist/psychiatrists will never fully understand just how complex the human mind is and exactly how it works. That is why I have thought long and hard about switching my major.

10. Amanda N

Amanda N Member

The diffrence is that I'm not scared to read the bible.. I'm starting to read it now as a matter of fact. I don't believe it should be taken litterally, but as a reference for what people believed back then, it's a grand source of information.

Are you scared that if you read the book I'm suggesting that it might change your mind on things? You said before about the da vinci code, and how it should be burnt... did you actully read it yourself? or just get told to avoid it by your friends?

Again, read age of reason...

11. BlackGuardXIII

God never said the humans were abominable in his eyes, rather he said that the act of humans partaking in homosexuality itself was.
    Epiphany

Leviticus also says that eating shellfish is abominable, and that it is good to make blood sacrifices on an altar, and that it is okay to sell your daughter into slavery as long as you ask a fair price. I wonder what your thoughts are on the other guidelines that are right alongside the one you are referring to?

12. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

No, I do not fear man's philosophies. That would make me a very poor candidate for the field of study I have chosen. Do I find them interesting? Some of them I do. However, they are only theories and ideas. I choose not to read the book merely because I lack the desire to do so. If it was a book on the subject of new medical advances, scientific research, or anything related to psychology, I would look into it. However, I have no desire to dolve into philosophy. My Bible is not just a book in my collection. It is the very heart of my creator. The Spirit of the Lord that lives in his word is the same spirit that lives inside of me. I have seen and I believe. I do not read it for leisure. I have the Lord and he does great wonders in my life. I do need to, "expand", my philosophical horizons.

As far as The Da Vinci Code goes, my mother received a copy as a Christmas gift. I have also watched a special on it.

To answer your question, no, my friends do not dictate what I partake in. In fact, none of my friends have even read it.

13. BlackGuardXIII

I live in a very Church-plentiful area, with one of the highest concentration of churches per capita in Canada.
    One day 20 years ago, I bought a book called, "Witchcraft and Sorcery".
    The young lady at the till gave me a look of total disgust as she rang it through.
    She was obviously very much against any such book, and made it very clear.
    The book is an anthropology book, and it is written by eminent leaders in the field who spent years learning about traditional spiritual beliefs from around the world.
    It was very informative and very scientific, and that woman at the till will likely never learn about that subject due to her instant disapproval based on the title alone.
    I have read the Quran, three Bibles, the Dhammapada, the Bhagavad-Gita, the Tibetan Book of the Dead, and many other spiritual texts. Not cuz I wanted to join them, but to learn. To see for myself what they said. It is something I recommend.

14. Brocktoon

Brocktoon Banned

BlackGuard,

Similar to your experience in Abby ... I remember browsing a copy of Anton LaVeys 'Satanic Bible' at the local Coles and never hearing the end of it from my mates. They could not seem to 'comprehend' why someone would view, read something they 'didnt like'???
    To me, its a good idea to know and examine any and all things. Even if you want to 'know your enemy' (or simply know who is your friend).

Its too bad you have just absorbed all your reading by Osmosis and ended up in this bizarro 'Everything and Nothing Faith'.

Well you know what they say - "A little Knowledge is dangerous" :O

15. BlackGuardXIII

bizzaro to you, logical to me.

Love unconditionally
    Different views are equally valid to mine.
    Support others, respect their views, encourage their search, whatever path they take.
    bizarro?
    I must be missing something

16. Amanda N

Amanda N Member

Epiphany, you've just proven my point... You bash the Ca Vinci Code, and yet you've not even read it (sure, you might have watched a show on TV about it, but even that would just someone elses opinion on it... not your own.

As for the bible - and I know this is going to be hard for you to swallow - but the bible is also written by man, inspired by man, and nothing but man's intrepertation of the world around him. If you read age of reason, you would see that this is true...

But, alas, I fear you shall not, because your church have you so filled up with lies that you will never see the truth. Great, you have faith, and that can be a beautiful thing (although very dangerous)... but you're lacking the will to want to improve yourself.

17. BlackGuardXIII

My belief is that God loves kind people, and whether they are gay or not is totally irrelevent. A hetero man that is an aggressive bully and goes to church every Sunday is not cutting it, whereas a gay man that is loving is in God's good books, in my view. If that is wrong, and God would condemn the gay man, yet accept the bully, then I don't want any part of that scene.

18. Amanda N

Amanda N Member

Well said.

19. Brocktoon

Brocktoon Banned

I love this.. Defending a work of Fiction and downplaying the validity of getting 'other peoples opinions on it'.

Now watch what happens next....

Here the Opinion of a Bible Reader (wasnt that of little value previously) who makes a whole series of assertions and broad based denouncements.

More interesting.. The Book Davinci's Code relies heavily on the position that the Bible is reliable.

[So now Amanda N has a real dilema.. The Credible Account is basing its Credibility on a Discredited account!? Huh?]

LOL! Now we see one book (which is a given opinion) is given blanket acceptance as Fact!

No questioning the opinion or authorship here! Its Fact! After all.. its a book written by a guy and has been around for a few decades!

Wow

Thousands of Years of dedicated research, education and hundreds of years of Criticism, Counter Movements. Ongoing HIstorical investigation, Archaeology... a Completely Open book in which anyone can investigate all sources.
    Yep... Its just a bunch of lies - but a FICTION WRITER who actually TELLS THE READERS HE IS MAKING UP FICTION can be accepted as 'Fact'
    Dont matter that real historians can barely bother to take this seriously for even 2 minutes.
    Dont matter there is absolutely ZERO evidence for most all the 'Claims'

Churches are packed full of lies and Davinci Code, Age of Reason are Fact!

Interesting personal Opinion.

Heres my Opinion:
    Taking The Davinci Code seriously or placing Faith in 'The Age of Reason' is definately NOT improving oneself.
    Its taking a nice big step backwards.

20. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

Great question, and one that has been asked before. Although I don't think it has ever been answered. Seems like many christians are so quick to throw around judgement they don't even see their own hypocracy - I guess unless they are okay with parents selling their children into slavery...