"God and homosexuals"

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by Bare Foot Bunny Hugg, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Amanda N

Amanda N Member

So what you're saying is that god is the biggest homophobe of everyone? What happend to "god being love"?

As for being natural, the simple fact that homosexuality is all around us, in both human and animal kind, is more than enough proof that it's natural. Most homosexuals are born gay..

PS, I still stick to the view that homosexuality is designed to help thin out the population of the earth, because there ARE too many people on the planet.

2. arlia

arlia Members

no i did not say that god is not love!
    god is loving to the person despite sin!
    no sin is different from another,lying cheating merdering sexual sin out of marriage(with man or woman)............sin is sin,it seperates us from god!
    woman was created as a gift for man,a wife,a friend a lover.

3. northernlehigh97

northernlehigh97 Senior Member

Since this thread has been done way to many times before, and is way played out...God hates the sin, not the sinner...

4. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

My opinion on this is that God created everyone and some people he created homosexual. Maybe it is because there are too many people on the planet. I don't know but that would make sense. The act of one having sex with another person of the same sex is against nature.But the attraction to the same sex is not. That is quite natural I would say. I don't think it's a sin. And if it is, God forgives sins so if your heart is in the right place and you beleive Jesus Christ died for your sins, then in my opinion, you're all set. I don't think God weighs sins against each other. It's just as wrong to lie, or to steal. I smoke pot and put things in my body that are against what nature intended, but I love God and hope that he understands and forgives me.

I really don't think God would cast all homosexuals into hell. I think he disagrees but he gave us choice. Why do bad things happen or bad people do bad things? Because he gave us choice. It would have been just as easy for God to create robots and have us all worship him and be peaceful, but that can't be too fulfilling. He wanted us to WANT to love him. Regardless of our sins and impurities.

That's what my understanding is and I'm quite happy with it.

5. arlia

arlia Members

i totaly agree!
    god loves us unconditionaly

6. Amanda N

Amanda N Member

In which case, why is there a problem with homosexuality? God loves us all unconditionaly, so when push comes to shove, we're all going to get into heaven, so what's the big deal?

(PS, I love the way you're avoiding all of my dificult questions, and repeating the same answers over and over....)

7. arlia

arlia Members

no we are not all going to heaven,there is a heaven and a hell,the only way to heaven is jesus christ,he was sent to point the way not to point the finger and condemn us!

as i said before god loves us no matter what,he does not have a problem with gay people,men having sex with men and women with women is agains the will of gods creation.god created men to be with women and women to be with men,that is why it is not right........its like trying to match up an elephant with a giraff,it jsut doesnt belong with each other.

8. Amanda N

Amanda N Member

God is love, right? Love is his message? He wants everyone to love everyone else? So why is the love between two members of the same gender bad?

9. arlia

arlia Members

sexual love is a sin between people of the same sex......his love does not speak about sexual love(except wen he speaks about the unity between man and women wen they are married)

love in the sense that we are all created to love one another as friends and family,treating everybody how you would want to be treated!
    gay people included,if god can love the murderer who askes for forgiveness and show mercy on the prostitute,im sure that he can show his love to gay mean and women!
    gods love never fails and is unrestrained

10. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

God must be a trivial being if he is THAT concerned about a penis going here or there, or two women licking each other.....sounds to me like the work of man, which the bible absolutely is, irrefutebly is, a collection of ancient fables like Hammerabis tale which became Noahs Ark....entire books of the bible have been altered and removed through time.

there is nothing wrong with religion giving guidance...its peoples problem that they beileve it was written by god himelf, bible lieteralists can only believe like they do by completely ignoring history not recorded in the bible, and science as well...they have to make up their own science to back up their literalist beliefs.

11. Amanda N

Amanda N Member

OK.. going back to the whole "it's not natural" argument... (although there ARE cases of homosexuality in animals, even cases of animals swapping gender when the numbers of one gender are low)... if this is the case, why do animals not have to get married before having sex and producing offspring?? Are we not all animals ourselves?

12. Amanda N

Amanda N Member

/agree - well said

13. arlia

arlia Members

animals are sinless,they do not have a will,they do not have any understanding of sin!

we are not mere animals but created in gods image,we are not the same as animals.we are all born with sin because our ansestors were tricked by devil and they brought sin upon us

14. Amanda N

Amanda N Member

So because of a mistake made by two people, after being tricked by the devil, a few thousand years ago, the rest of mankind has to suffer? - hang on, I thought you said that god was love? so why does he not forgive us already and abolish sin? God sounds like an asshole to me.

BTW, You realise that human DNA is about 98% the same as chimp DNA? This proves that we're related to animals, that we evolved from them, and are in fact nothing more than another species of animal on a planet with billions of other animals? That kind of screws up your theory that we're not animals don't you think? If animals get to be sinless, why not us?

The problem is that you're basing your ideas on a book that is full of bullshit, the sooner you realise this, the better (did you read age of reason yet? i highly recomend it).

15. arlia

arlia Members

god did abolish sin,whaen he sent his son jesus to point the way.jesus lived his life guiding the world adn in his death,he gave everything in order to set us free from sin if we follow him.at the moment of christs death the veil in the temple in which god dwelt behind was ripped and torn.god broke out and went out to be in unity with mankind again,sin seperated god from man,gods plan was not to be seprate from us but to have relationship with us,in following jesus we are restored and redeamed,we are sinless in his sight because what jesus did was for everyone of us!

god may sound like an asshole to you,but you will never know how much he cares for you as his child if you keep on rejecting him.gods love is the only thing that has made sense in my life,the only thing tht is real.........you can try and convinse me all you want,but im in too far to come out of this now,iv experienced too many miracles and have gone so far with god with me the whole time nobody could possibly take this beliefe away,its more than abelief,but my way of life,my future,god guides me wherever i go,in him i found peace that i never thought possible.

if somebody has the faith to believe in evolution then they have enough faith to believe in jesus christ.
    darwin himslef said that evolution was only a theory

16. Amanda N

Amanda N Member

It might have been a theory to him, seeing as it was a totally new concept... but it's one which has been proven countless times since...

Tell me, I'm keen to know what miracles you've witnessed.

17. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

people do have faith to beleive i both, my bio teacher is a catholic...the reason it is only a theory is causea theory is a wildly accepted hypothesis...scientific Laws are something that are very well supported...[and when i say very well, mean VER VERY well] a has very strong eveidence, but is in constant change...

also nothting in scince is proven only proven wrong

18. Amanda N

Amanda N Member

Such as?

19. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

Such as nothing, countless experiments can confirm hypothesises but one experiment can prove it wrong

20. Amanda N

Amanda N Member

... so give me an example of when this has happend.... and i'll give you hundereds of examples where this has not happened, and where science is telling the truth.