Go Ask Alice

Discussion in 'Fiction' started by ekoostikhookahchick, May 20, 2004.

1. Acorn

Acorn Member

i liked it. it might not be true but that doesnt mean it cant be a good story. and it didnt discurage me anymore to do drugs either.

2. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

yeah, it's trash pretty much, but I wouldn't base that on LSD coming on after 30 min. I've had a good trip start particulary early like that. I't;s a good read, just not true.

and yeah, I think I brought this up a while a go to see what people think of it. and there were a few other threads about it. search past threads, man. then again this is the kid who wanted to know who would have "netsex" with him. I bet your ego's pretty shot at this point, huh?

3. hawc

hawc Member

i thought the book was very overrated. I read it because i had heard a bunch about it plus at the time i was going through a depression period and so i read it and well i thought it was really horrible. anyway had to put my 2 cents in. laters all

4. artful_dodger

artful_dodger Member

Nope, not written by the D.E.A. Close enough, though. Snopes has a good article about it.

5. WynterFrost

WynterFrost Short Bus Rider

i wanted to read it

6. ThrftShopSweater

ThrftShopSweater Member

i never read it, and i dont intend to either... it looks like a peice of crap young-adult book

7. hiro

hiro pursue it

I read Go Ask Alice and didn't find it to be mind inspiring but more disturbing because of the reality of the book. I personally did not find the book to be great.

8. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

The alice of White Rabbit IS a reference to Alice in Wonderland...remember what the doormouse said?

the book title was a reference to the song.

9. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Threads merged, yet again.

10. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

I can't see how some girl who never does drugs before, has some incredible acid trip and then with in that week, she shoots speed in to her arm. Most people's minds don't wrok that way. Then again it was made to scare young people. Although the book made me want to go out and do some good acid so I don't know what they were trying to accomplish.

I hate the ending. The ending is what suck the most about it. Completely unrealistic.

11. Sheebs

Sheebs Member

and the song is a referance to the movie

12. merrijayne

merrijayne Guest

I Havent Read Go Ask Alice Been Meaning To. But Have You Ever Read Jays Journal Its Alot Likr Go Ask Alice I Hear. Its Edited By The Same Therapist I Think She Was. But I Did Enjoy The Read. I'll Have To Read Go Ask Alice. But If You Liked Go Ask Alice You Should Give Jays Journal A Read.

13. i_love_sex

i_love_sex Member

I love Go Ask Alice. It's my favorite book.

14. grey_sky

grey_sky Member

ya know what, i read that book when i was in like 8th grade and it is so messed up, but i was so into how it was by "anonymous" and it was sad and it teaches you about stuff.
    -ann

15. dweezil111

dweezil111 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I read this book several times. I first read it in high school. I know it is pure fiction but it is, in my opinion, a good read, funny at some times. Does anyone else like this book?

16. PeaceAndTheDoors

PeaceAndTheDoors Member

I just did a speech on that today for my english final. It was for a banned book project. :)

17. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

there was a thread about this book around here.
    to be honest i liked the book cos i like that kind of stuff, but i thought it was all lies. It makes lsd look as if it was addictive and it isnt, same with pot.
    i read it a while ago so i cant remember much of it.

18. PeaceAndTheDoors

PeaceAndTheDoors Member

Yeah I just actually posted this on another thread but I just did a banned book english final on this. Made my speech of it today. I took the anit-ban stance because i think its a good alternative instead of just your health book that says "drugs aren't cool, say no."

19. boringtree

boringtree Custom User Title

personally i thought it was the biggest loada bollox

20. juggla

juggla Member

i wonder what she od'd on, she was clean at the end, then in the afterward her parents found her dead like a few weeks later from her last diary entry.