Go Ask Alice

Discussion in 'Fiction' started by ekoostikhookahchick, May 20, 2004.

1. moonshyne

moonshyne Approved by the FDA

EXACTLY! Everyone knows that abused drugs can eventually fuck you up, but have you ever seen a case THIS BAD? Bad enough that all the kids at that chick's school were trying to assassinate her over not smoking marijuana? Bad enough that she was selling drugs at the elementary school and hanging out with "baby prostitutes,"? It's bullshit. Very obviously bullshit

2. Becknudefck

Becknudefck Senior Member

i thought that book was hilarious. Of course it was made up. Your not addicted to bud, only mentally after years of using it multiple times a day! for most people that is. This book just made me want to do drugs. Not Heroin, but anything else....haha if they meant in the end that she died from an overdose of marijuana im gonna shit in my pants its too funny.

3. wildfire

wildfire Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

i never actually finished reading that book. i think i got about half way through it. someone told me that at the end she trips out on shrooms and trys to kill her self and they end up sending her to a mental prison. is that true.

4. Pablo

Pablo Member

Obviously none of you have seen how bad it is in the new mexico school system, there are 12 year old prostitutes and people who will harm you for not doing drugs. Though its more indirect than that, they dont like people who dong do drugs and they beat up people they dont like.

5. lildeadheadash

lildeadheadash Member

The book is full of crap. It's kind of ironic that they chose the name "Alice." If you remember Jefferson Airplane came out with "White Rabbit" which had a girl named Alice in the song taking mushrooms....
    They wanted to scare kids. Anyways if Alice was a real girl we would be able to see pictures of her family and know where her grave was. Also the author who "put the book together" has written other horror stories about teen pregnancy, prostitution, and a girl being sexually harrassed by her teacher. Check it out...

6. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

ehhhh you people know nothing of this because ALOT of you are on drugs, and refuse to see this shit!

even if the book is bullshit, the story line is not, i meet over 50 teenagers a month that become my patients at the treatment center i work at that live life like that EVERYDAY.... I was one of them, most the shit in that book happened to me or close to happening.so if the book is made up, still its story line is realistic.

anyways i found it to be a good read, i read it when i was 16 and going to rehab.

7. Pablo

Pablo Member

I agree, you probably are defending drugs because you use them, but you are denying how harmfull they really can be. In the real world people are ruined by them. Maybe you can keep it in moderation and get by, But i dont think you should take the book as an attack as much as a warning to be carefull, If a book has someone getin a car crash and lose their ability to move would you call it an attack on driving?

8. wildfire

ok now i agree that coke or heroine or the hard core drugs like that can mess you up and you can overdose and die...but just pot and hallucinogens won't kill you. unless you get ahold of some bad homemade shit but other than that...

9. Pablo

Pablo Member

well there are many people who use pot and other mild drugs in moderation. There are a lot who can't handle it very well, either because they get efected more by it, or because they dont have the sence to only get high in places where its safe to be high, or they dont have the sence not to do way too much. I agree that pot can't kill you directly, but like alcohaul (which i know is worse for your health directly, and more adictive than pot) it gets a lot of people hurt. If used as a way to excape from life constantly, it will usually lead to worse drugs. If you can handle your life and you just use it to have fun, then its often ok. I just wish that anti drug people would quit exagerating their danger, and that pro drug people would quit exagerating how safe they are. Cause I've seen older people who have been using pot since they were young, and they were neither still alert as a normal person that age, by any standard, as pot users sugest, or totaly burnt out to the level of a mentally handicapped person, as anti drug people sugest. However, my cousin is parylised from the neck down because of getting high with a friend of his and going driving, they crashed into a ditch and a tree, at high speed on a dirt road, his head hit the roof and broke his neck. The only drug they were found to be on was THC, acording to them and all evidence to have gotten in their system by smoking pot. That might not be anything like the book, but it is true, and it definetly has ruined his life, and his parents plans for retirement, since they will have to take care of him untill he dies, they dont have much money.

But my point is, if you must get high, make sure you tell yourself not to drive or anything like that, just do it at home or something. I think anyone should have any right that doesnt hurt others. So do whatever drugs you want as long as you can keep yourself under controll enough not to hurt anyone. And you should tell yourself that stuff before hand cause you wont have the sence to know whats a good idea once your stoned, people also do stuff like going swimming in a river on a whim while high, and drowning, that kind of thing, but then as long as they only hurt themself thats up to them i guess, though im sure someone was sad about it, im rambling a lot, mainly im just saying, stay home when your high, if your going to get high, and dont get into the hard core stuff like meth, coke and pretty much any kind of speed. Cause those will kill you.

10. bluefairy

bluefairy Member

after hearing you all discuss the relevance of the book, im gunna have to read it. sounds really interesting.

11. wildfire

i just got this memory flashback from when i had health class in 7th grade and they were talking to us about drugs and i remember this video about someone who smoked pot and my health teacher was telling us that they probably did other drugs like coke because sometimes drug users cant always get the same drug and they dont care because they just have to have some kind of drug. and then they showed us these pictures of the classic "this is you brain, this is your brain on drugs." you know i like the way that they just group everything together their. drugs. no matter what it is a joint or crack it all has the same effect on you cause its drugs. they are all the same.? !ha!! lol i think that back then i actually believed it! now two years latter i'm laughing my ass off at the memory of that bullshit. !:D hilarious!

12. Pablo

Pablo Member

Though i still think pot and other drugs are risky enough that i would avoid them, at the very least cause i dont want to get caught, and the laws on it are well enforced where i live. I do think its funny how they lie, i guess they dont think the truth sounds bad enough. Like how with xtc they showed brain scans that they said were a brain efected by xtc when really it was just a scan of the same brain with the radio spectrum shifted like it is if you dont set the machine right and it doesnt get the interior of the brain. Not only is it obvious because the scan was cut off to darkness at an even depth into the brain with a smoothness never seen in brain damage patterns, but if a person had deactivated that much of their brain, it wouldent be hidden, like they said it was in the seemingly normal kids they claimed had this damage, with that damage, you would at least be severyly handicapped, if not dead or comatos.

From my observations in real life, i belive the actual downsides of marajuana to be that it makes you a bit slower mentally, and a lot more prone to napping. But i must say, considering how much drunks piss me off, and how many of my friends are stoners, some of which at worst mildly anoy me. that id rather booze were illegal and pot was alowed. Cause ive seen people far worse stupified and ruined in health and life by alcohaul than people i know who toke. I saw a drunk moron push his friend through a window then kick him around on top of the broken glass, ive seen one slam someones head in a car door on purpos. The worst ive seen a pot head do is pop a bag of carmel corn bahind someone startling them, and then dump the carmel corn on that persons head. My cousin was parylised in an acident involving pot and alcohaul, im not really sure which causes more acidents per user. Anyway, i dont care what people do to themselfs, as long as no one else gets hurt, though for the record, drunks piss me off more, and seem more prone to vandalism, theft and violence than high people

13. moonshyne

Ummm, not all of us are on drugs. I don't even DRINK. If the shit in that book really did happen to you like you claim, it's probably has more to do with the fact that you're a weak-minded person rather than the drugs. DRUGS don't make you go out and do shit, and I hate people who have no will-power or self control who think that they can blame all of their mistakes on drugs.

I have no doubt that there are SOME people out there who have had it this bad.....but not from marijuana, and most CERTAINLY not from LSD. Heroin and other opiates maybe, but not fucking pot. I've seen my b/f's mother go downhill from shooting up, so I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but RARELY to this extreme.

BTW, your "patients" I'm willing to bet usually come from abusive situations, and drugs are usually only one of the symptoms, not the cause of their problems.

14. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

you dont read either.. i said ALOT of you... you may be the special one that is not... by the way im not weak, theres this thing called Disease of Addiction.. look it up its in medical books, just like Cancer.

If you dont do drugs like you claim, how would YOU know what they do to a person??? hmmm?

15. wildfire

disease of adiction is like cancer? what?! your comparing a fucking crackhead to someone with cancer? cancer is not optional people are dying everyday from it. and someone who cant fucking give up heroine?

16. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

i didnt compare it... i said disease of addiction is in the medical books, along with cancer ,aids ,mental disoders they are all there

i wasnt comparing i just implying its a medical issue just like cancer! people stop reading into my stuff so much..

17. wildfire

i don't believe in rehab. i think the people who go there are quitters. your a druggie and thats your job. people think that they are messing up their life, their gaining it. and all these celebreties that go to rehab are the ones who need to overdose. pathetic little whinning celebrity assholes. only the talented ones od don't they.

18. moonshyne

Maybe I don't do drugs, but I'm not blind. The whole "disease of addiction" thing you use isn't the fault of any drug. It can be applied to anything from gambling, sex, even biting your nails. It's not just like cancer, in the fact that cancer patients don't get to CHOOSE to have it, whereas drug addicts generally do it to themselves by continuing to take drugs, even before there is ever an addiction. You don't usually just snort or boost something once or twice and become addicted instantly.

If you've ever read any of my other posts, you'd know a bit of what I've had to grow up with. Except in a few RARE instances, I've never seen drugs CAUSE someone to go downhill, usually they're already pretty well on their way.

By the way, I'm sorry I was so mean earlier. I was in a bad mood, I shouldn't have taken it out on you. I hope you can forgive me for seeming so harsh.

19. maryfairy

maryfairy flower

this made me laugh. are you being serious?

20. wildfire

yes i'm being serious. i'm thinking about opening an un-rehab center for people who have gone to rehab and are trying to get back into life as crackheads.