Glastonbury

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by island dweller, May 14, 2004.

1. island dweller

island dweller I Love Wind

Since the old thread was lost during the move, this is a new one...

On here, if u want to, u can post if ur going and what u hope to see at glasto, 3 weeks and the line up is announced!!!

I want to see orbital and PAUL McCARTNEY! :D...

Does anyone actually have any travel plans yet?

2. Ellie-Rose

Ellie-Rose Le Muppet

I have travel plans!!! Going on the train with yoooooou!!!

and..

Woo macca!!!

3. Xiola

Xiola One Lonely Seagull

YAY!

I'm getting a lift down with my cousion and my friends Dad:p :D

4. zopilote

zopilote Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

i'm getting a train from cambridge 745...should be there at around 1130 i reckon, hopefully can grab the old spot

i'm looking forward to a lot of people, but particularly ben harper, belle and sebastian, gomez, morrissey and love

and ought to be interesting to see if paul mccartney can pull it off...
    also theyre only rumoured but tortoise ought to be wonderful

5. zopilote

zopilote Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

wow, id been under the impression the lineup wasnt that good, because its definately not as good as last years...but it really is looking wonderful so far

6. PinkMoon

PinkMoon Senior Member

grrr to you all.. i want to see belle and sebastian.. but the lack of ticket makes it very hard:mad:

7. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

I should be getting there Wednesday afternoon sometime. It's going to be amazing, Glasto's one of my favourite places in the world! I'm looking forward to seeing Paul McCartney, Oasis, and... YES... THE LEVELLERS! At Last, Levellers at Glasto again, playing an accoustic set in the accoustic tent! The Stranglers should be good as well. I'd love it if Idlewild and The Coral come back, I saw them for the first time at Glasto 2002, and they were both there in 2003 as well....

8. Alomiakoda

Alomiakoda Boniface McSporran

Should be getting there Wednesday too :)

It would be kool to camp in the same place as last time...hopefully this year I won't forget where it is and end up in welfare :eek:

9. bokonon

bokonon Senior Member

Still no idea on when or indeed how I'm heading down, hoping it will be before the Friday though. Is it easy enough to camp there afore the gates open?

I've only heard about the headliners Oasis, McCartney & Muse and naturally I'll be there when Macca gets going. Unless of course he clashes with Orbital! I read that this is Orbital's farewell performance since the brothers are disbanding, so nothing is coming between me and that :)

10. Enonemouse

Enonemouse Happy Wanderer

Yeah rub it in I don't have tickets. *sticks tongue out and runs in circles with fingers in ears saying "I can't hear you nanananana"* I will just hang out behind the church all on my own and pout.

Hope you all have a fandabulous time and have a spliff or two for me. PLEASE!!!

Love & Pouting
    EnonEmouse

11. StAlphonzo

StAlphonzo Member

If you can, i'd recommend you check out The Magic Band, on the World Jazz Stage. They were Captain Beefheart's band, who are now touring without the Captain, who has since become a reclusive artist. http://www.themagicband.com

12. Mercy

Mercy Member

The Magic Band sounds like a plan, it will be interesting to see what they are like with out the Captain.

I'm looking forward to see all the acoustic artists in particular, as my only festival experiences have been at Leeds Fest, where acoustic music is hard to come by. Can't wait to see Damien Rice again, and hopefully Eric Bibb will play. Can't really say who else until the line-up is confirmed. I'm going with a friend of mine who is very in to all the NME darlings, so I'll probably be seeing a fair few of them too. So many things to do!

I'm getting the coach down on the Thursday (my friend has an exam on thursday morning then we're setting off straight after it), so we're going to be there late on Thursday evening. Luckily we have someone to put up our tent for us on the Wednesday, so hopefully our place won't be too bad. Bloody long journey though!

I canny wait!!!

13. Rover-Lass

Rover-Lass Member

LEVELLERS!
    Goldfrapp
    Oasis
    Lotsa folky people at the acoustic tent

14. torz

torz Member

never been to a festival before, glasto will be my first so i dont really know what to expect. there was myself, my bf, my friend smig & his gf joanne going but unfortunatley jo's just found out that she's pregnant & doesnt want to go now. so our friend Gaz is going instead, 3 guys 1 girl, great *{in sarcastic tone}* i'll have no female company! anyway, i dont know who's playing at glasto, not even looked to be honest, i love music but i cant say that i'm going down for the music, i'll just wander around & see on to what i'll stumble across, although i can say that when i'm pilling you'll find me in the dance tent.

cant wait to see what great things are there, my bf went in 2000 & although he knows that its not going to be the same he knows what to expect. he's been trying to explain, especially about the green fields as he says i'll love it there (obviousley he knows me & what i'll like). i've been looking at the mesage boards, reading people experiences, trying to get an idea of what its like. i cant wait to go & spend my money in the markets, buying some really grovey clothes, trinkets, cushions, & things for my bedroom.

were all traviling down wednesday morning so that we can get a really good spot & just experience glastonbury while its quite & from start to finish. i really cant wait to fucking get there man! i'm going to get a t-shirt printed up with something refuring to the hipforums, so if anyone see's me wearing it give me a tap me on the shoulder & say hi!

ios that better for you.

15. Ellie-Rose

Ellie-Rose Le Muppet

I can't read that green or yellow writing.. :eek: Even with my glasses on, I can't read it..:eek:

16. Alomiakoda

Highlight it then :p

17. torz

torz Member

thanks, i cant wait to go! whats glade & wheres it at? yeah, while i'm at glasto my face will be a picture. were all taking 50 E's each (obviousley i'm not gona munch em all) but i will be gurning lodes. I LOVE RAVING!

18. Hippie_Girl

Hippie_Girl Innit!

I shall be making my way down on the Wednesday just like every year and we shall all meet up :D Its going to fun come rain or shine!

19. Alomiakoda

*sets up GPS* :p

20. A Clockwork Orange*

A Clockwork Orange* Member

I'm going! Sooo excited