glastonbury camping

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by nemesister, May 31, 2004.

1. nemesister

nemesister Member

hey i need some help. im going to glastonbury for the first time and i was wondering if you guys could help me with where i should camp.. i want loads of fun and stuff happening around all the time so does anyone know what the best campsite would be? cheers ######

2. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

you would be best off camping near or with the hip forum people they usually camp to the left of the stone circle

if you camp near people you know theres more of a chance that if someone trys stealing from your tent someone will stop them

its quite a quiet place to camp and I understand why they choose it my favourite place is to the right of the greenfields but that fills up to quick and really you would need to get there really early so you couldnt have a camp with people coming later

3. Moonlightstars

Moonlightstars Member

i will be camping with all the forum people :) . if thats with you all that is :p

but firstly i need to work out how i'm getting there..... :eek:

4. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

Yup, I'm joining the forum camp. We'll try to make the camp as close to Kelse's group of friends as possible....

5. zopilote

zopilote Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

its called pennard's hill i think, and if you're facing the other stage it's to your right...
    although you may not know where the other stage is...probably best to call someone when you get there actually...

6. PinkMoon

PinkMoon Senior Member

it is indeed called pennards hill and normally the first aid tent and the cash machine are near by..
    and if you started at the other stage and walked away from it in a straightish line you would end up there..
    alternatively if you were at the stones and facing away from glasto then turned right then walk in a straightish line you should end up there..
    but then my straightish lines are not straight.. at all..

7. Alomiakoda

Alomiakoda Boniface McSporran

Make sure they don't go to meet you at the wrong gate :p

8. PinkMoon

PinkMoon Senior Member

make sure you tell them the right gate and describe it well :p

9. Alomiakoda

Make sure the fucking coach driver doesn't drive you to the wrong gate so you have to walk a mile uphill :p

10. torz

torz Member

11. PinkMoon

PinkMoon Senior Member

The time is getting nearer...

who shall be camping on the hipforums camp?
    there used to be a list on the uk eventsy forum but i cant seem to find that recently so maybe we should make a list here with our email adresses so we can getin touch if you dont know any mobile numbers or anything..
    ive got the numbers of about 4/5 of the people going so *hopefully* ill be okay..

ill start
    Kat : minnietheminx86@hotmail.com

12. Alomiakoda

Me and Rich are gonna be in the hipforums camp :D:p

13. the_river_daughter

the_river_daughter rebel scum

14. Xiola

Xiola One Lonely Seagull

15. Claire

Claire Senior Member

16. bokonon

bokonon Senior Member

I'm not travelling on my own anymore, my friend who couldn't get them first time around got a couple of tickets last week when the extras went on sale. She's been a few times so I'm not sure if she has a place she likes to camp. If not I'd personally still like to camp up near you guys.

My MSN addy is oceanstar@zensearch.net :)