Glasses...

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by MichaelByrd1967, May 26, 2004.

1. MichaelByrd1967

MichaelByrd1967 Garcia Wannabe

I gotta start wearing glasses now. I tried to look for the John Lennon-style granny specs, but I couldn't get them. So I got a nice aviator-style pair. It actually resembles the kind that say... Warren Zevon wore. But I like 'em.

2. Willow-Bridget-Love

Willow-Bridget-Love Member

kewl.... post a picture! he.. i dont wanna get glasses.. i look like crap in them, and i soo Love wearing different kinds of sunglasses...

3. MichaelByrd1967

sorry, don't got a digital camera... Can't post a pic...:(

4. Willow-Bridget-Love

yeah... my parents never use theirs.. so im allowed to use it, but i cant really work computers.. so yeah... Have a nice Day!:D

5. TheGnome

TheGnome Member

I have to wear them to the movie theater and such. So I'm nearsighted and it's a little annoying, but I get used to have to use them in certain situations. Anything is better than the thought of contacts. I coulnd't get them in my eyes at all.

6. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

I've needed glasses for two years (for being short sighted) my current pair have dark green rectangular frames.

Nah I couldn't do contacts eithier. Too squeamish.

TTFN

Sage

7. MichaelByrd1967

Same here, contacts give me the willies...:eek:

And glasses are easier to find if you drop them.:rolleyes:

And I will actually only need them if I'm in class, driving a car, at the movies, at a concert, etc. But they won't and don't annoy me, as much as contacts would. I'm also looking to see, if I can get sunglasses attachments. That basically means, that it's a pair of sunglasses that go with your prescription, that are the same shape as the glasses themselves, and they slide on over the clear lenses.

That would be great if it was a really! sunny day.

8. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

contacts aren't that bad - they are so much more conveinient if you are like me and pretty much blind without vision enhancers (needed glasses for 11 years, worn contacts for about 7)

I still have glasses tho - like buddy holly style only purple. But yeah, contacts are so much eaiser - for swimming, for wearing sunnies (i HATED my clipons :)), for sport - if you can get over the urgh factor, contacts are fantastic.

9. marymicrogram

marymicrogram Member

I have John Lennon/Joey Ramone (depending on who you ask) red granny glasses just for fun. Fun and redness.

10. Willow-Bridget-Love

THAt is So RAd! Joey Ramone and John Lennon are both RAD!

11. Acid_Rain

Acid_Rain Member

glasses aren't so bad, mine are black