GladRags, The Keeper, or sea sponges

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by oleandermoonfyre, Jan 23, 2005.

1. oleandermoonfyre

oleandermoonfyre Member

Have any of you tried one of these items instead of regular pads or tampons? I don't know anyone around here who would even want to try them ( I get mocked for using organic tampons!), let alone have actually tried them. If you've used them, please let me know what you think of them. Thanks

2. ODESSAWEST

ODESSAWEST Member

I use organic tampons and love them!!!! I am really broke but am looking forward to purchasing a keeper but I know that some of these awesome ladies on here have personal experiences with alternative methods be strong in your beliefs cuz that's who you are sista

3. xscoutx

xscoutx Member

at first i was all freaked out about my keeper but now that i've learned how to get the darn thing out correctly, i love, love, love it!
    also, at night i use gladrags.
    good luck!

scout

4. naturegoddess69

naturegoddess69 Member

I just ordered sea sponges & the keeper -I can't wait!!!

5. Piper82

Piper82 Member

The keeper is the greatest invention ever! You can't even tell that its there, and you can leave it in for up to 12 hours. It takes a little bit of getting used to, but after you do, you'll love it- well at least I did. Some people are freeked out by the close contact with the blood, so if you are one of those people, you may want to look into one of the other methods.

6. oleandermoonfyre

oleandermoonfyre Member

Thank you ladies for your help! I am thinking of buying the sea sponges or the keeper for day time and gladrags for night.

7. naturegoddess69

naturegoddess69 Member

I got my keeper & sea sponges in the mail yesterday. I tried the keeper out already & it's not as hard to get used to as I thought it would be. It was comfortable, the only thing is-it seemed like I had to pee constantly. I don't know if that's why , but it seemed like it. Haven't tried the sponges yet though.

8. Lilyrayne

Lilyrayne Chrisppie

I used the keeper for quite a while and loved it. Then I guess my body changed because it started leaking all the time, and I tried both sizes. Gave up, bought sea sponges and have only used them once. I like those too! They seem to work ok so far. I also have cloth pads that I use at night too or for backup. Sometimes I just use the pad. All rock!

9. oleandermoonfyre

oleandermoonfyre Member

thanks! I am thinking a combination of all three will be the best bet for me. i appreciate all the comments on your experiences.

10. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

I 've used all three.
    Keeper is the main, sponges I used years ago (rigged from make up aisle) and i have moonpads(? been too long and no labels) I use a thin pad (no insert) as a liner with the keeper for the "day of hemmoraging" and at night. I thrash in my sleep and accidents happen.
    I find occasional annoyance when the bleeding is heavy because a bit always seems to bubble out/around. Be patient with positioning, and carry a sport top water bottle to rinse the keeper in public loos. I also grab a wet paper towel.

11. Brkonthru2daothersid

Brkonthru2daothersid Member

There werent that many replies on this so I thought that I would bring the topic up again. I just ordered my first batch of sea sponges and am goin to be using them soon. I will have to tell you all how they work. I have been using organic tampons and pads for a few months now and I think I will alternate depending on where I am, like lets say in a public place better to use the tampons when I am bleeding heavy and on my lighter days use just the sea sponges. Cant wait to try them out!!! Has anyone else used them?

12. tatasmagik

tatasmagik Member

I just ordered a Diva cup. I hope it works out well for me, so I don't hafta keep buying tampons.

13. scarlettchasingroses

scarlettchasingroses strawberry tart

I LOVE my diva cup....I even started a thread about it....

Diva Cup Love

14. noctiluca

noctiluca Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

i felt like that too when i first used mine... my OBGYN told me it's because it presses on the g-spot, and until you get used to the constant pressure...