Ghosts

Discussion in 'Paranoid?' started by QuinntheMightyEskimo, May 26, 2004.

1. QuinntheMightyEskimo

QuinntheMightyEskimo Member

does any one else beleive in ghosts?

2. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

oh yes,

ever since the movie "Ghostbusters" i have been a firm believer, just kidding. but seriously, the whole property i live on is haunted.

3. ForestNymphe

ForestNymphe Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

We have a house ghostie that was pretty agressive when we moved here a few years back. Nothing that a little Samhain rit and sage didn't fix. :) Now she is not as active and only tends to leave a chill in the hallway or tease the cats. She also attends every Samhain ritual.

The nearby town, Brookdale is famous for their ghosts. The Brookdale Lodge, is very active. I think Discovery has done a show or two on this hotel. Walking into this place and going into the main dining room, you can definately feel a sadness, a great loss. Very strange and powerful.

4. jerry420

wow thats cool

5. QuinntheMightyEskimo

QuinntheMightyEskimo Member

whoa, thts creepy

6. Thethirdbenjamin

Thethirdbenjamin Member

I went ghost hunting with a couple friends a couple months a go and i went to a couple haunted places in ontario.

1)Ghost Road in port perry
    2)Salem Lot in Ajax/Pickering
    3)Salem Cementry in Pickering

I didn't rally find anything but it was pretty erie

I was at salems cementry and i saw some footprints in the snow leading from no where to no where???? weird maybe theres a ghost and his/her footprints where casted in the snow???

At Ghost road i saw the infamous white/red orb, i speed up and drove right towards it, disapered.

But anyway i notice some weird things at these places, i don't know if its a ghost or not but its intresting to how they are sorta odd.

7. lildeadheadash

lildeadheadash Member

I believe in ghosts and I even made contact with Kurt Cobain. And oh yeah Courtney Definetely had something to do with the murder. Kurt told me by banging on my desk. It was creepy the noise went away too when I turned the light back on and blew the candles out.

8. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

I definitely believe in ghosts...I wish I knew more about them.

9. Tamee

Tamee naked

I do. I heard one once in my ex boyfriends old house. and I mean this house is OLD. like 1800s or something. My ex, Donny, had the child's room, where there was another room connected to it for the nanny to sleep in. He told me that a man was killed in a room down the hall and that when his family first moved into the house, his sister felt a chill when she first went in that room. He told me about how sometimes he heard footsteps up in the attic, like men's heavy boots, and the attic was nailed shut so no one could go up there. I had spend the night with him a few times and heard nothing, so I didn't really think about it much, until one night I came over with my best friend and we spent the night there and we all heard the footsteps at like 1:00 in the morning. I freaked out and told Donny to turn the music up so I wouldn't hear it anymore. Eventually I forgot about it (we took some extacy later on).

I used to not know how I felt about ghosts, but now I definitely do believe in them.

10. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

When I was younger, I believed in ghosts so much I wanted to be a Ghostbuser. I don't believe in ghosts as much as I did when I was younger (if that's possible), but I think there's spooky shit out there.

11. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I totally believe in ghosts, although I personally have not encountered any of them.

My husband, when he was still living at home, woke up once in the middle of the night, with the image of a boy next to his bed, ghostlike (all white and a bit transparent) and it totally freaked him out. When he was a child, he was convinced that there was a man living in the basement, and that he saw him (his bedroom where he saw the ghost was in the basement.)

A year or so after my grandfather died, my grandmother came home from grocery shopping, and saw my grandfather - or his spirit at least - sitting in his chair in the kitchen, where he spent a lot of time sitting - having a cigarrette and a glass of whiskey (as he did almost every day!) and he looked rather real. My grandmother passed him, not scared or anything, put the groceries in the pantry, came back to the kitchen and he was gone.

12. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

I definatly belive in ghosts. I have one in the house I live in. She isn't bad, but she sure does piss me off. For example....
    One night I was in the shower and I had the soap in my hand. All of a sudden, the soap wasn't there anymore. I couldn't figure out what had happened to it, and I searched for almost 10 minutes trying to find it. Finally I gave up and got a new one. Well, when I got back into the shower, there is the other bar of soap, stuck to the shower wall. I got pretty freaked out and got the hell out of the bathroom.

Our remote for our tv disappears at least once a day and re-appears at random locations in the house. You might have it in bed one minute, lay it down and get something to eat, and come back and its gone. Then spend a half hour looking for it only to find it in the bathroom closet or someplace stupid like that.

Then there is the light situation. We go through about 3 packs of light bulbs a week. They keep blowing out. No one knows why. We have had electricians tell us that there is nothing wrong with the wiring or the bulbs or the fixtures. That is kinda annoying though.

There are so many other stupid things that happen here. At first it really freaked me the fuck out, but now I just deal with it. I can feel when she walks through the room becuz I feel a cool breeze, or I just feel this weird tingling all over my body. I really want to move out of this house but I don't think I ever will just because its cheap and awesome. But this damn ghost/spirit/ whatever it is, really trys my patience sometimes.

13. jerry420

if thers somethin starnge, in your neighborhood, who ya gonna call lol.

14. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

YES!!!!!!!

15. waterlily5

waterlily5 Member

I have had the things disappearing and turning up again too- also a couple of times I have felt someone touch my shoulder when theres noone in the room, which was quite creepy.

16. RaZoRblAdEKiSsEs

RaZoRblAdEKiSsEs Member

Yea, no other way too, with things I've seen, I can't explain.

love.
    chelsea

17. Bloody_Kisses

Bloody_Kisses Thizzler

i still dont know if i beleive in ghosts....a long time ago i woke up realllly early in the morning and i heard this voice singing. i think i was about six years old. it sounded sorta like an echo, and it sound like it was only in my room(the window was closed and everything). i dont remember exactly what the voice was singing, but it sounded really sad or scared or lonely or something like that. anyways, i stood up and i saw these huge blue teardrops dripping from my ceiling. i was really young, but i still remember that i wasnt dreaming. (when i tell people this, they always say it had to have been a dream.) i reached up to touch one, and they all dissapeared. weird, huh? after that i looked in my closet and out my window and in the hallway searching for the place where the voice had come from. by that time it had stopped, though. then i went into my brothers room, which is right next to mine, i woke him up and told him, and he said he didnt hear anything, even though the voice sounded loud enough to wake up the whole damn house. i dont know.....this was probably the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me. does anyone beleive me? i swear im not lying.

18. Melancholia

Melancholia Member

Well, I'm convinced that part of every living thing continues on in some form. Why I'm convinced of this is still a bit foggy. It just seems natural, to me.

In 1993, I'd had a horrible case of food poisoning and was lying around in bed for probably the 3rd day of hellish illness trying to rest. At the time, my grandfather was in hospital, on his deathbed from cancer. There was one point where I woke up and looked immediately to my right, fully expecting to see someone standing there - you know that feeling you get when you're not alone... There was no one actually there, but there *was* a very strong scent of roses - absolutely unmistakable. Both the feeling and the smell lingered for maybe 15 seconds or so, then disappeared as quickly as it came.

No more than 20 minutes later, my mother called me on the phone and said that my grandfather had died - at EXACTLY the time I had my experience!!! I'm convinced to this day that it was him coming to say goodbye.

19. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I've had a few odd things happen in my house. First of all, jars and bottles have flown off shelves and broken. Plus I always see like... strange white figures out of the corner of my eye all the time. Pictures have fallen off of walls. Plus, I play guitar and everything and you know what a phase shift pedal sounds like? One time I was talking to Shelly (acetonephish on these forums) and I started hearing this weird "wooosh" sound like Jimi Hendrix guitar effects and the sound was panning from ear to ear and I kept hearing this phaser sound and everything and it felt like things were watching me all around me. Then I sent Shelly a photo and she said "holy shit, there's orbs in that pic"... also, a day or two ago, I was sitting right here and I felt a tug on my head.... like somebody took their hands and tugged my head and for about 5 seconds I felt lightheaded like my head wasn't attached and I looked down and it was still on me.

20. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I absolutely believe in spirits and ghosts... :)