Getting totally pissed off with the UK now !

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by phil1965, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

Something I don't understand about this Tier 3 malarkey

Despite official statistics obtained by the Manchester Evening News stating that new Covid cases originated by the Hospitality industry as a whole is a mere 3% ,Pubs after shut

Yet Covid is very clever as it doesn't lurk hiding about in Cafes as they can remain open ?

Another example of Numpties setting the rules

phil1965 likes this.
  2. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Ah, Government guidance ...
    The phrase.=
    "[​IMG]"
    comes to mind

Mysteron likes this.
  3. Captain Scarlet

According to some of the media outlets we are heading for a National Lockdown .Why ?

Can anyone educate me here and tell me why we have lockdowns as they don't work? .Just what is the aim ?

Are we trying to dodge a bullet ? Waiting for a vaccine with untold side effects ? Is it to make sure the NHS doesn't get overwhelmed ? Someone must know surely otherwise we wouldn't be having lockdowns .

4. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Perhaps this will answer your question matey !!!

Boris Johnson to order new national lockdown, according to report

Yahoo Staff Writer
    Oct 30th 2020 7:17PM
    Boris Johnson is expected to announce a national lockdown, according to a report in the Daily Mail.

A Cabinet source told the Mail that the move will be announced next week.

The prime minister will announce the new measures at a press conference on Monday, The Times said, which could see everything closed except essential shops and educational settings.

The development comes after the PM was warned that England's Covid-19 second wave was exceeding worse case scenario planning two weeks ago.

Papers show that Covid-19 infections and hospital admissions in England have been "breaching" the expectations outlined in what scientists thought the most realistic bad turn of events would look like.

Johnson met Rishi Sunak, Michael Gove and Matt Hancock to discuss the "alarming" new data on Friday.

Documents from the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage), dated to earlier in October – and released to the public on Friday – also show concern that the number of daily Covid-19 deaths was also in line with the reasonable worst case scenario and could still get worse.

A previous leak from Sage has shown that its reasonable worst case scenario forecast 85,000 deaths from coronavirus, nearly double the UK's current death toll of 46,000.

A paper released on Friday shows how SPI-M-O, the Scientific Pandemic Influenza Group on Modelling, Operational sub-group for Sage, warned that "in England, we are breaching the number of infections and hospital admissions in the Reasonable Worst Case planning scenario".

The document, dated to 14 October, says: "The number of daily deaths is now in line with the levels in the Reasonable Worst Case and is almost certain to exceed this within the next two weeks."

The paper adds that if new infections declined, the numbers exceeding the worst case scenario might only persist for another three or four weeks.

However, if R – a measure of whether the coronavirus outbreak is on the increase or receding – remained above 1, then "the epidemic will further diverge from the planning scenario", the text warns.

On Friday, just over two weeks after the paper is dated, R had dropped slightly for the UK but its estimate remained above 1.

The government has tried to avoid a national lockdown for England, instead using local restrictions, but Wales is one area of the UK to go into a brief lockdown to try and bring infections down for winter.

Documents also show the government was also warned in a Sage meeting dated 8 October that: "In England the numbers of infections and hospital admissions exceed the Reasonable Worst Case Scenario (RWCS) planning levels at this time.

"Near-term projections indicate the number of deaths is highly likely to exceed RWCS planning levels within the next two weeks.

"Well over 100 new deaths per day are projected to occur within 2 weeks, even if strict new interventions are put in place immediately."

Friday saw the government record 274 new deaths that took place within 28 days of a positive Covid-19 test. Another 24,405 infections were also recorded.

Another SPI-M-O paper released on Friday, this one dated to 24 September, showed that experts were making warnings about the outbreak starting to exceed the worst case planning then.

"The epidemic is close to breaching the agreed Reasonable Worst Case Scenario on which NHS, DHSC (Department of Health) and HMG (the government) contingency plans are based," it says.

Mysteron likes this.
  5. Captain Scarlet

If that happens then we will get this
    [​IMG]

6. WOLF ANGEL

Or a possible ... Break up ?
    .[​IMG]

Mysteron likes this.
  7. WOLF ANGEL

Trouble is, where does where one draw the line: ?
    [​IMG] . . [​IMG] . .

Mysteron likes this.
  8. WOLF ANGEL

Going back =
    [​IMG]

Mysteron likes this.
  9. WOLF ANGEL

10. WOLF ANGEL

11. WOLF ANGEL

SKY News Conference - Live now!

12. WOLF ANGEL

Covid Lockdown = NATIONAL - So imposing restrictions only on the North first didn't work - (No shit!) :
    So where does that leave me?
    I'm 60, so at Risk. - and Can't go out/mix
    I have an 86-year old Mother living alone (Vulnerable)
    I have two Grandchildren - that have to go to school (Not vulnerable) - and need picking up, which I (Vulnerable) do (as 'Mum and Dad' are 'Key; workers)
    So - is my bubble Me to Mum?, or Me to Grand children? (which I've been doing for Months now)
    (On the bright side, I am able to WFH, and can walk to my local shops others aren't so lucky)
    - Now if I was a Physio (or the like) working for a Premier league football Club - ....it'd be different

~Zen~ and Mysteron like this.
  13. WOLF ANGEL

Timeline: (allegedly )
    SAGE: (Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies) Take a circuit break
    Boris: No, it'll be okay
    Stammer: Take a circuit break
    Boris: No.- You are trying to make a Political point
    SAGE: Take a circuit break
    Boris: No, let's blame and ID the North as the problem
    SAGE: Have you seen National figures?
    Boris: Oh, ok - best have a lockdown
    Rishi: What about the Economy? - Christmas is coming?
    Boris: Oh, let's have a 1 Month Lockdown that'll suffice
    Rishi: Ok, I'll extend the furlough, but not the Shielding assistance
    Boris: Ok, we'll do that
    SAGE: There are difficult times ahead - Spring will be better
    Boris: It's ok we'll extend the lockdown on Dec 2nd until the 16th. Let people think it's ok now., and re-impose on Jan 2nd.

~Zen~ and Mysteron like this.
  14. Captain Scarlet

The Office for Statistics Regulation has got involved in the row about the way the government is presenting coronavirus data.

At the weekend, when the government announced England’s second lockdown it presented modelling suggesting the UK could soon see 4,000 deaths a day.

The problem was that the model was out of date. It gave the impression that the number of deaths was four times higher than it currently was.

Source BBC 5/11/20

You just couldn't make this up could you ?

15. phil1965

phil1965 Senior Member

Look back to the first lockdown, we were told that the R number had to be below one, well it wasn't was it! I remember a couple of days before it ended and they produced the figures they went someothing like this, London 0.9-1.3, Manchester 0.8-1.2, Liverpool 0.8-1.1, Leeds 0.9-1.2, Newcastle 0.7-1.3, and on it went, as far as I can remember NO major town or city had an R value below one, and remember when working things out you are supposed to take a worst case scenario, not a best case. So given the figures we should have stayed in lockdown, yet last week when the second lockdown was being discussed the R number was lowering, Liverpool went from something like 1.3 down to 1.1, as did all the other major cities, yet we still got lockdown.
    Some pillock was on the news last night saying we need to open ports and airports as airplane companies need the money, oh and the rest of us don't? Half of Europe is pissing itself at the way we're handling things, all the other countries in Europe have land borders making it difficult to police, we are an island, shut the ports and airports and we should be able to get it under control. What is the point of everyone here staying in, not seeing relatives and friends if people can come from anywhere in the world and wander about at will, and yes that will happen, we all know the government only cares about the 'big boys' god forbid that they should lose money. They are talking now about a 'fast covid test' done at the airport, if that comes back clear then you're good to wander freely around over here, well considering they say that you are most infectious for 4 days before showing symptoms, how is this going to work? Suppose a person at a foreign airport comes into contact with an infected person just before boarding their flight, they become infected and land here in the UK, they will pass the 'fast test' because the virus hasn't properly taken hold yet, so they can wander where they will and infect many others along the way. In short this whole thing is a load of bollocks, close the ports, close the airports, nobody in, nobody out until we get it under control here and then nobody in unless they're from a clear country and nobody out unless going to a clear country, we can send all the containers over on boats or trains and be moved around the UK by our own drivers, so we don't need foreign truckers over here either, we can do it, we must do it, we have no choice, well we do, we can keep flicking between lockdowns for ever more.

Mysteron likes this.
  16. Captain Scarlet

Apart from the Furlough scheme

I can think of one single logical policy this Government has done in handling Covid

17. WOLF ANGEL

Lockdown period: = 1 Month
    Furlough period: = 5 Months
    Am I missing something here?
    The Government (especialy a Tory one) does not give something for nothing - particularly with Monies - either they have miscalulated, or they know something we as the peiple are being kept in the dark over.

Mysteron likes this.
  18. Captain Scarlet

That's my thinking as well

Once in Lockdown it's easier just to extend it.You know that will be coming if they announce another 10 Downing St broadcast at end of the month with the charts of made up figures ready .I am quite surprised people are still buying this propaganda bull shit and not asking more questions .

19. Captain Scarlet

Here we go Covid hysteria by some of the supermarkets

It didn't happen yesterday when we shopped at Tesco but apparently Tesco and Wait rose have joined Sainsbury s in just having one member of the family doing the shop.
    That wouldn't work for us as duplication would sure to happen .The way we got around this stupid rule is that you just go into the store in 5 minute intervals with your partner and rendezvous inside .If you really want to rub their noses in it snog your partner when you meet them. Your not breaking any law Yet Lol .

Another example of this mad country we live in led by a crazy numpty Government .

20. WOLF ANGEL

Or just stand behind each other?

Mysteron likes this.