Getting totally pissed off with the UK now !

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by phil1965, Oct 12, 2020.

1. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Latest from (Greater) Manchester:
    The area is split into Ten local authorities
    I.E.
    BOLTON has different restrictions to SALFORD (yet is adjacent)
    TRAFFORD has different restrictions to MANCHESTER (yet is adjacent)
    STOCKPORT has different restrictions to TAMESIDE (yet is adjacent)
    - And this inconsitency sees enforcement difficult/nigh impossible to Police
    As a Resident within for over six decades, I can say (both from experince and observation):-
    This 'City', of diverse communities and is 'United'.
    "The North will not be dictated to by those who govern from the South"

Mysteron, mysticblu21 and phil1965 like this.
  2. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Are you volunteering to build the barricades ???

mysticblu21 likes this.
  3. WOLF ANGEL

Similarly, Lancashire Tier three impositions, is different to Liverpool Tier three impositions
    - And why (Greater) Manchester is demanding clarity - and remaining resolute
    The leadership are currently representing their peoples with fairness.
    For they know that peoples will just not comply with inconsistent directives - especially when it is contary to both scientific belief and even their own advisors
    [​IMG]
    - And November 5th is not that long away !!

Mysteron, mysticblu21 and phil1965 like this.
  4. phil1965

phil1965 Senior Member

I think that they could be about to learn an important lesson about us 'thick northerners' if they carry on and personally I hope it happens, for a bunch of thicko's it's people up north who invented some of the most important things in the modern Britain, indeed the world. Float glass was first manufactured here in St Helens, the first proper reliable steel was manufactured by Henry Bessemer in sheffield, Armstrong in the north east developed a lot of hydraulics, in fact the system that originally raised the basules on Tower Bridge were designed by a 'thicko northerner' if you look at a lot of stuff, the first test tube baby was born up north, the procedure was developed up north, I could go on and on, but on balance I reckon that the north of England, lets say from Birmingham upwards, has contributed a damn site more to the uk than those soft southern jessies.

mysticblu21 and WOLF ANGEL like this.
  5. WOLF ANGEL

Yes - The North stands - together

mysticblu21 likes this.
  6. WOLF ANGEL

and hope for assistance from the South it that which is folorn

mysticblu21 likes this.
  7. WOLF ANGEL

I'm right with you there Phil

phil1965 and mysticblu21 like this.
  8. WOLF ANGEL

9. WOLF ANGEL

In Short: =
    WIGAN now has the second highest coronavirus infection rate in GREATER MANCHESTERr.
    The town has overtaken Manchester, where rates have dropped for the seventh day in a row.
    Numbers in (Central) Manchester have now gone down by 25 per cent from their peak level rate of 583.5 on Oct 3.
    There has been a big increase in infection rates in Wigan, which at the end of August had the lowest figures in Greater Manchester.
    In TRAFFORD, infection rates fell by 8pc in the week ending October 14 - there were 63 less cases recorded.
    In ROCHDALE, 1,010 coronavirus cases were recorded in the week ending Oct 14 - the first time over 1,000 have been recorded in a week in the town.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  10. WOLF ANGEL

[​IMG]
    A graph showing the seven-day average of coronavirus rates

Mysteron likes this.
  11. WOLF ANGEL

Overall, the number of cases in Greater Manchester as a whole is only up 3 per cent week on week.
    It shows that figures are levelling out, a point made by the region's mayor Andy Burnham during a TV interview on Sunday morning.
    Mr Burnham accused the Prime Minister of having engaged in an 'exaggeration' of the severity of Covid-19 in the region on the Andrew Marr Show.
    On Friday, the prime minister had warned he would intervene and impose tougher restrictions on the region as cases had 'doubled in the past nine days'.
    Each day shows new cases reported since the previous day · Updated less than 30 mins ago·
    Source:Wikipedia

Mysteron likes this.
  12. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

What puzzles me about all of this is the infection rates are all slowing or reducing with the exception of Wigan .This confirms Boris is lieING big time when he falsely claims that rates are getting out of control .Also the ICU beds are only occupied by around 60 people as opposed to the 240 back in March .

Whilst I am not calling for Nottingham to be placed into Tier 3 ,their rate around over 800 per 10000 is very high and higher than the Liverpool headline rate.

So why is the obsession by the Boris and the media to stick us into Tier 3 .I wish I could stick to them .

13. WOLF ANGEL

The manipulation of figures allows decisions to be made that is strategic based and theotrtical judgement.
    When it comes down to it the only true figures one can go off is Deaths.
    The fact that I have Covid, or come into contact with can oly be measured with Disclosure.
    (If I have it and tell, - or not)
    In the other (Northerners v Southerners) (UK) thread, Iit seems there are either not a lot of Southeners on HIP, or the South is being treated differently, (No surprise there then)

So that be said - I think we should help Boris & Co .....

14. WOLF ANGEL

Call for Bran the Builder
    [​IMG]

15. WOLF ANGEL

And let the 'Free folk' of the North govern themselves!!
    ...... IMO :)

phil1965 and Mysteron like this.
  16. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Are you actually seeing the police policing though?

Becuase in Sydney the last 7 months we had all this garbage on the media, but hardly ever saw any police, eastern Sydney anyway

17. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I love the bar chart, where no one is working on Sundays and then playing catch up later in the week. It is clearly the results of testing, rather than actual cases and is therefore virtually worthless.
    Since it is so obvious to me, why can't other people see it.

18. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

WOW.
    London has now solved the whole problem.

We have been told to just wear our masks in the house 24 hours a day, stay 2 meters away from all our family members and wash our hands every 5 minutes.
    I am waiting for the update where we are all told to put plastic bags over our heads and secure them with a cable tie around our necks.

Mysteron likes this.
  19. phil1965

phil1965 Senior Member

Boris's favourite term currently is 'circuit breaker', we had 'stamping on the virus', we had 'whack a mole' and then we had 'stay alert', which was lucky he mentioned that because I'm sure it was lurking in the bottom of my garden one night,luckily my dog chased it off. lol.
    Anyway being an electrician I am as you might expect quite familiar with circuits and I think I now have a solution to the problem, one that most of us will like. A circuit needs a start point and an end point to function, e.g the current,or in this case the virus travels along the cables, through the circuit breakers, switches etc to the current using equipment e.g a lightbulb and back along more cables, from live to neutral, take out any one item and current (virus) stops flowing.
    Easy, I hope you all understand that, now in that case, if we substitute the virus for the current, and people for the cables and stuff then all we have to do is take out one person and it will stop!
    So,if we take out Boris,preferrably with a shotgun, the problem should sort itself out,and if not then we're no worse off really are we?
    Form an orderley queue please. lol

mysticblu21 and Mysteron like this.
  20. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

Not yet .I beleive the militany could be called in to support the police in enforcing any rules,.I did witness yesterday a heavy police presence including a riot van heading towards the Gtr Manchester and Lancashire boRd er which is just a few miles up the road from me.