Getting totally pissed off with the UK now !

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by phil1965, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

Okay Vlad you have tried to pick holes in my post without putting your ideas forward .A cheap trick

Let's have a hypothetical situation

Your PM of the Red party and I am the leader of the opposition .

List your ideas of combating this virus and let's discuss them .I f I agree with some of your ideas I will say so .

2. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

He does that a lot

Mysteron likes this.
  3. Captain Scarlet

He's a nice guy really but I don't think there is any need to start hurling personal insults at someone who has different views.
    Hence the invitation for him to place his views

4. WOLF ANGEL

Good luck with that :)

Mysteron likes this.
  5. Captain Scarlet

I agree wolfie .But if he does not come with alternatives then his critisisms are invalid in my book.

It's not far away from trolling .

WOLF ANGEL likes this.
  6. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Don't be silly, you know that they are all fully qualified doctors, with special qualifications in virus control, mutation and immunity.

I wonder how they would react if they learnt to compute the official figures from their own medical teams and discovered that compared with the 5 year average, UK mortality rate this year is currently running a whole 2.7% high.
    Not at all unusual for a virus on it's first mutation to the human species.

Not satisfied with wanting to crack walnuts with sledge hammers, perhaps they are now considering nuclear bombs to get the shells of in time for Christmas. :yum::yum::yum:

phil1965 and Mysteron like this.
  7. WOLF ANGEL

The problems with 'Track and Trace' is that it doesn't work.
    It relies on people being honest with their disclosures.
    From personal experiences,
    (Greater) Manchester. covers ten boroughs and is most diverse.
    Cultures, Student population and 'visitors' (i.e. Liverpool lockdown) all see consequences with their behavioural patterns, and their arrogant reluctant to accept personal responsibilites.
    Whilst; for me, a Winter lockdown would seem the most obvious requirement to safeguard the vulnerable.
    I would E-Tag those that transgress with regular blase' attitude and direct any fines directlty to the NHS
    (Maybe I'm a bit harsh??)

8. WOLF ANGEL

Lockdown would be okay for me - but - others are not so fortunate that they can adapt and have accessibilty to work from home with a good support network.
    The vulnerable do/are suffering, and the Winter Months are not going to help, - both socially and health wise - It is imperative that support is there for those with such requirements.
    And again, (maybe I'm being to draconian(?)) our Armed services are geared up to run/manage such an operation - although even they are under a degree of strain
    One thing is for sure,
    A clear, pro-active and measured strategy is required (Track/Trace is good in theory, but impractical - IMO)

9. WOLF ANGEL

In addition, I'm always a bit wary about the Phone App.
    Regardless of the 'Big Brother' aspect, the potential for breaches of Data Protection are apparent .
    When my employer instructs Not to download / remove it from work provided 'mobile devices', then I refer to the "no smoke without fire" thought process

10. wilsjane

Death is a horrible subject and as a result few people fully understand (or even want to know) about the last days and hours of their life.

People die from cancers, diabetic disorders, and most other serious conditions when a virus overpowers their remaining strength. When their immunity fails, bacteria attempt to clean up the mess, leading to pneumonia and then to septicemia. When their body is too weak to respond to antibiotics, their death follows following heart failure, or kidney failure leading to multi organ failure.
    THIS IS HOW 95% OF ALL OF US WILL DIE

Covid is a nasty virus, but their are countless others to take their place as the human body weakens.
    Theoretically without viruses, we could all live forever, but even that is not true, since pathogenic bacteria would still cut in a little later.

I fully agree with not exposing sick and elderly people to covid and taking a few years away from them, but in the vast majority of cases, it is months rather than years.
    If you look at mortality rates for people in these conditions, you will see that the death rate is up during the flue season every year.

Life can be very cruel at times, but as you know, we are all now living 15 years longer than we did 50 years ago.

Wibby likes this.
  11. Captain Scarlet

The problem is the policy of lockdown doesn't work .It did not work in a March otherwise we would not be we we are today with rising cases and threats of more lockdowns .To achieve what I may ask ? Covid is not going to just go away . Are we just playing for time then ? If we are then what for?. The slim chance of a vaccine ? So am I thinking that this is the Government's strategy to risk all the vulnerable with a vaccine that has been rushed into production ?You could be sending them to an early grave that way Yeah that's really gone solve all the problems .In the meantime many small and medium businesses will go to the wall,mass unemployment, a dead economy and all the mental health problems associated with removal of liberties .

It's a mess !

phil1965 likes this.
  12. WOLF ANGEL

Personally, I feel we came out of lockdown too early - and weren't strict enough when there was an opportunity to do so.
    Wishy, washy and unclear directives - and then it was a case of Lets get back to work/normality when there were still spikes and disagreements between the Goverment and the Scientists (some things never change) too early.
    - You don't cease to do things when a disease is looking to be beatn. You grit your teeth and make sure it's beaten - IMO

13. WOLF ANGEL

Sadly I feel, It's too late to sort out before a long haul and Winter of real discontent
    There will be increase in deaths over this period due to a combination of health/welfare difficiences and disregard of directive guidance..
    I'm looking (/hoping) at MAY 2021, before things improve,
    - Come on you Scientists - prove me wrong

Mysteron likes this.
  14. Captain Scarlet

Is that the best we can hope for an untried vaccine or a vaccine that has been rushed ?

Like I said its a mess .

WOLF ANGEL likes this.
  15. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Ok, but I'll start back in February/early March when the virus became apparent.

First thing is to establish a proper (functioning) test, track and trace system, not using the 'smartphone app'. Secondly to assist the NHS, establish 'Nightingale' mobile hospitals in all major connerbations across the country, all homeless people removed from the streets and housed in hostels or unused hotels. Monitoring of where and how the virus develops and spreads, those infected to be housed in special camps until they free of that virus. Total ban on all foreign travel, and anyone arriving from abroad gets tested and quarantined too.

phil1965 and Mysteron like this.
  16. Captain Scarlet

I agree with most of that if being honest ( I don't think we are a million miles apart politically )

I don't agree with your POW style camps though . Too much upheaval . You would be tearing families and dependent ones apart . Example we are sheltering our Mother in Law and relies entirely on our support . She is 87 and so technology like Online ordering has left her behind .So she is 100% reliant on us for support .

I know you wouldn't agree with this but for their own sakes I think the vulnerable need to be Locked down and others who have probably had the virus act as their shielders ( as we do) and fetch and carry for them .This is until a suitable safe vaccine has been established or there is enough people already having had the virus that Herd Immunity can take affect ,whichever is the soonest. I don't think its upto the rest of the population to tip toes around them .

With in mind the above. Antibody testing needs to be rolled out across the community instead of being kept under wraps . We currently have no idea the numbers in this country who have already had the virus . The ones tested via Test and Trace or tested in hospital are only the tip of the ice berg . Many arn't even aware that they have had the virus .

Full Financial package supports for all business affected and those that cant work because of the virus . We still need an economy to survive

Face Coverings need to be compulsory without any exceptions .

Nobody permitted in or out of the UK by any means without exception . This is how I feel the virus got here in the first place.Importamt

These are my views mostly in addition to yours .

17. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

That stupid bastard Boris was letting in passengers from Wuhan without any checks or tests days AFTER we all went into lock-down !!!

Mysteron likes this.
  18. Captain Scarlet

I agree mate . As an Island Nation we have managed this very very badly . Closer to home look at how Isle of Man have successfully handled the situation. The population have complete freedoms. This is because of their far stricter regime when dealing with people coming into the country .

19. wilsjane

The stupid part of all this is that the younger people would be better off catching the virus, recovering and then spreading their immunity.
    It is the older and ANYONE with a pulmonary, diabetic, or heart condition who should protect themselves. The problem is that without immunity, this situation could continue for about 7 years.

Take a look at my reply to Phil, #26

Mysteron likes this.
  20. Captain Scarlet

I agree and its not too different from my views .

Even the WHO are saying lockdowns do not work .