Getting totally pissed off with the UK now !

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by phil1965, Oct 12, 2020.

1. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Jesus,

Council rates are about $1800 a year per Million dollars in land value in Sydney, which is just under £1000

That seems nuts, what are there 1/2 million people in Liverpool and you are like 400 klms from london

Trying to make comparisons, so if it was like Wollongong, which has about 1/4 million people and is only 50 km away from Sydney, the nearest big city, they would only be paying the equivalent of £300/400 a year in council rates

3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I really don't get why anyone really expected the young ones to go along with this for any considerable time

Containing a population to control a virus also includes all those little teens thugs you have in your cities over there, the ones we have in Western Sydney or Melbourne, ones you couldn't control before hand

Australia just lucked out in that we only had a small amount of infected international visitors in the start that could easily be contained, then three months later it just took a handful of people to break containment from a badly managed hotel quarantine to cause 900 deaths in nothing flat

If it had been a different story and had even just a couple dozen more infected international travellers back in March, we would have ended up like everyone else.

I saw it in Sydney in April, whilst everyone else was holes up in their apartment voluntarily, 20 teenagers in the mall everyday, because they weren't at school, police just walking past, wouldn't touch them

That along with the trains packed with essential workers

That along with all the idiots in the supermarket that pull their masks down and lean around the Perspex screen so the cashier can hear em

I gave up then and there

~Zen~, WOLF ANGEL and Mysteron like this.
  4. WOLF ANGEL

5. WOLF ANGEL

6. WOLF ANGEL

7. Wankerboy

Wankerboy Members

Funny you should mention the Elephant Man me and my brother was going to Leicester a few weeks ago and Joseph Merrick came up in conversation because of all the masks and that. COVID IS DOING MY HEAD IN THO EVERYTIME I GO TO A SHOP OR TRAVEL ON A TRAIN OR BUS I HAVE TO WEAR THIS STUPID FACE COVERING. sorry I wrote it in capitol letters it just make very ANGRY AND UPSET having to wear the stupid mask.

Candy Gal and mysticblu21 like this.
  8. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Wearing it may save your life, and prevents you spreading it to others.

Get over your childish behavior and act like a man who cares about others.

Candy Gal and mysticblu21 like this.
  9. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

COVID-19: Psychiatrists warn of coronavirus lockdown's toll on mental health

Psychiatrists are braced for a surge in demand for mental health care in the months ahead, as people struggle to cope during the coronavirus lockdown.

The number of people experiencing severe mental illnesses and needing urgent care amid the pandemic has become a serious cause for concern, the Royal College of Psychiatrists has told Sky News.

The group, which represents the UK's 18,000 psychiatrists, said members are concerned about the impact of the second lockdown and are calling on the government to ensure mental health services are properly funded and equipped to meet the anticipated increase in demand.

"As a result of COVID we are now seeing an increase, particularly in some parts of the country, in people attending emergency departments and presenting to crisis mental health services," said Dr Adrian James, president of the Royal College of Psychiatrists.

"We're also seeing an increase in the numbers of people, but also in the severity of their disorder and this is a very common thing that is being reported up and down the country."

When lockdown restrictions were announced on 23 March, Christopher Ealden's family said he felt "isolated from the world".

The 35-year-old paramedic, who worked at South Central Ambulance Service, had no history of mental health issues. He was found dead in July, leaving behind his devastated family.

"I miss ringing him and talking to him. I miss having a laugh with him. There are no words. I feel empty," said his sister Samantha Lovell.

"He was my only brother, my only sibling. I feel like half of me has gone as well. I can hear his voice in my head.

"He used to do a lot of things, which includes going to the gym - which was his release - but because of lockdown he had nowhere to escape everything that was going on. I just think it all got too much for him."

Four months on, Christopher's sister has found the strength to share his story in the hope it saves other lives.

For Samantha, the most difficult day of the lockdown was 25 July, when she said her final goodbye to her brother who died in hospital.

"I didn't want to leave that room. I remember going in there and I was holding his hand. I was talking to him. I told him I loved him," she said.

"I gave him a kiss on the head and laid my head on his chest and just hearing his heart beating for the final time."

Christopher was found by his mum, whose life changed in seconds. There were few signs he was thinking of ending his life.

"This is something you read about happening to other people. He was an NHS hero. A paramedic. He was my hero. He always will be," Samantha added.

"The lockdown took away his coping mechanisms. It took away his life and everything that he did when he was feeling down, he could no longer do anything."

In a survey of 389 psychiatrists, carried out in June by the Royal College of Psychiatrists, 46% said they had seen a rise in workload involving emergency interventions and 55% also reported an increase in the number of patients needing urgent interventions.

Dr James added: "We need to give people the services that they deserve.

"If you've known somebody who's had a mental illness, you will know the suffering that it causes, but also that if people get treatment, it can be life changing."

Exclusive figures shown to Sky News by Wirral-based charity The Martin Gallier Project show the number of people struggling with depression and suicidal thoughts "doubled" from last year.

During the pandemic, the charity says it supported 1,024 people between February to November compared with 400 between February 2019 to February 2020.

Police forces are also reporting an increase in the number of incidents involving people suffering from mental health crises.

"Since the outbreak of the pandemic, I have raised serious concerns about the consequences that necessary restrictions could have for vulnerable people," said Chief Supt Paul Griffiths, president of the Police Superintendents' Association.

"Taking away 'the norm', restricting movement and limiting social contact has profound implications."

A Department of Health and Social Care spokesperson said: "We are working with experts from the NHS and public health to assess what help and support people might need to maintain their mental health over the coming months and we will bring forward our winter plan for mental health and wellbeing in due course."

Anyone feeling emotionally distressed or suicidal can call Samaritans for help on 116 123 or email jo@samaritans.org in the UK. In the US, call the Samaritans branch in your area or 1 (800) 273-TALK.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A subject that is close for me and swept under the carpet by this Banana Republic UK Gorvernment s policies on COVID . This is what lockdown does .

A young mother in my town of which we knew but not knew well took her own life because of the lockdown leaving a 2 year old son

Candy Gal likes this.
  10. Wankerboy

Wankerboy Members

I am not disputing it is necessary to wear a face covering. I wear one to keep myself safe and others. But that doesn't mean wearing a mask has to fell good.It is unnatural and covid is an enemy to humans thats what we mean. What do you mean zen get over your childish behavior and act like a man who cares about others its childish and selfish not to care about others

11. Captain Scarlet

Covid: Newport father 'always had a smile even at his lowest ebb'

Covid: Newport father 'always had a smile even at his lowest ebb'

"On the outside he was so happy, but people are afraid to be honest, because of the stigma."

Father-of-two Carl Morgan, from Newport, took his own life in July during the coronavirus pandemic.

Now, the mother of his children is trying to raise awareness and get people to talk about mental health during lockdowns and restrictions.

She shared Carl's story as charity Mind raised concerns that people are not asking for help during the pandemic, as they are comparing themselves to those with physical symptoms.

Their eight-year-old daughter, Holli, had her long hair cut short for the charity on what would have been her father's birthday.

"Talking is probably the hardest thing to do when you're struggling with mental health," said Rainbow.

"But the truth is it's so common, so many people struggle in this way... it's quite relatable and people should open up."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Another tragic case due to Lockdowns . This time from the BBC

12. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

@Wankerboy What I mean is get over the discomfort, it's more about doing something for others than feeling good.

That's what I mean about growing up. A rational adult would just accept the situation as being necessary and do what it takes to make that happen.

Sorry if you felt insulted, that was not my intent.

I get a bit upset when I see the tourists arriving here without masks, refusing to wear masks and thinking that throwing dollars around solves every problem.

Candy Gal likes this.
  13. Wankerboy

Wankerboy Members

OK i agree with you didn.t mean to upset you either. I have a friend who is a police officer someone who upholds the law and even expressed his discomfort and annoyance of having to wear a face covering

~Zen~ likes this.
  14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

15. Captain Scarlet

Yes millions have been pumped into fitting these out and they were under used in the first lockdown and I havnt heard of any cases being treated at these Hospitals in the current Lockdown. All I keep hearing is "We must not Overwhelm the NHS" . This for me is brainwashing as I thought it was the NHS function to support the people and not the other way around. Perhaps if this and previous governments had placed enough resources into the NHS then we may have been in a better position now.

16. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Perhaps ??? perhaps ??? - where have you been for the past ten years ??? - the scumbag 'nasty party' detest the fact that the NHS is a nationalised institution and have been eroding it and flogging off bits of it throughout that time !!!

Mysteron likes this.
  17. WOLF ANGEL

Some / a lot of times, it's not so much of Money, but Management of such.
    The interaction I have with people and places, recently, there has been a lack of funding;
    But not to worry there won't be Pay freeze for the NHS - Wow, like that's gonna make a difference. - and hardly gives sufficient investment into a sevice that has been severly tested in both aspects of staff and service support

18. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

We think that we have problems, but last week I heard about people dying in hospital corridors in the US, the so called most advanced nation on the planet.
    Their missinformation is fare worse than in the UK and people are in a state of panic.
    Since we are now aware of more of the facts, life is becoming far more tolerable, but we still need more information on the truth and how the apparently alarming death rate is only 2.7% above average.
    Unfortunately few people understand the process of death and the part played by viruses and pathogenic bacteria during our final hours.

WOLF ANGEL likes this.
  19. WOLF ANGEL

I agree the UK strives to succeed with Public support, whereas the US system seems to be viewed differently.
    With it's service often seeming depend on the level of healthcare that one can afford, it is the poor, weak and vulnerable that (as always) suffer.

20. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Perhaps the most sensible change has been to allow consultants to carry out consultation by telephone. Having had a middle ear and a shoulder tendon problem it works very well for me, but no doubt my medical background and understanding of the conditions helps. One problem has been with medication needing to come from my GP and them not being able to prescribe without meeting their patient. My favourite GP is fine, simply putting "as specified by (consultants name)" on the medication dosage and use.
    I think that one problem may be that the medication is charged to their practice, life is all about money, even in the UK.
    Hopefully, post covid, some of these changes will become the norm, they will actually save money and allow more time for people needing face to face care.
    As you may know, consultations and major procedures are currently being carried out at private hospitals and needless to say I did not complain about the smoked salmon following the draining of my middle ear. Perhaps I should write and thank Boris. :)
    On a more serious note, separating surgery from vast buildings alive with viruses and pathogenic bacteria should be the future of our NHS, particularly in maternity units. Historically, they were normally out of town.
    Progress in going backwards is long overdue. :):):)