Getting the Salvia conversation started

Discussion in 'Salvia Divinorum' started by Sera Michele, May 8, 2004.

1. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

Well...I got my Salvia plant in the mail the other day. Looks great!

I have it sitting outside getting about 3 hours evening sun. Is that a good amount? It is indirect light, because the plant is on my apartment balcony.

I am misting about 3-4 times a day...but how often should I water it?

2. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

I would answer, but I'm not having good luck with mine. Watch out for friggin aphids they got mine. I had to cut off all the branches :(

3. 4_Leaf_Clover

4_Leaf_Clover I Love

many thanks for getting the Salvia conversation started ;)

i don't know too much about cultivation,
    but i know that there's lots of good info on the subject at:
    http://www.sagewisdom.org

actually, i think i might smoke a bit tonight.
    i have some 10x, and i am feeling that the time is right, soo... :)

peace, all ~*
    [​IMG]

4. bertrose

bertrose Member

i wonder if i should try salvia...how is it compared to weed? is it more intense? i heard it was like a really short high, from erowid.org ....

5. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

It really isn't like weed at all. It is a powerful halucinogen (if you use enough) and isn't a party drug at all. It is a drug for soul searching and contemplation and it can be a very uncomfortable experiance, but it is truly fascinating and I recomend it to people who enjoy and are comfortable with psychedelics.

6. bertrose

bertrose Member

I'll look more into it. I really wanna try psychadelics. All i've ever tried is weed. I was planing on getting some shrooms because the bro said to me, that he likes it better than weed. But psychadelics interest me...so hopefully i can start them soon.

7. opticalpromise

opticalpromise Member

water it when the soil is dry. if the leaves are droopy and wilted then its a sure sign that you let the soil get too dry. try not to stress the plant. i never mist my plants, i used to, i stopped when i realized they didnt need it.

8. dj_cloudy_chamber

dj_cloudy_chamber Member

Yeah, salvia is a crazy herb. I find the best way to get a good high from it is to use a vaporizor or a waterpipe. And ya need a butaine lighter too, gotta cook that shit. But anyway, my gf and I just picked up 12 salvia plants and planted them this morning. Not to sure about how to take care of it, any suggestions are welcomed. =)

9. Sera Michele

Water pipe works best for me.

Well my plant is doing great...the amount of leaves have doubled! I only mist it about 1-2 times a day and so far have been watering it every other day. It seems to like it.

10. redgreenvines

redgreenvines Member

normally I water 1 time per day about 4OZ. but DISTILLED water only. the tap water has too much salts - distilled is the same as rain water.

my soil is well drained with 33% organic potting soil, 33%perlite and 33% vermiculite.

there are rocks at the bottom of the pot and some below.
    if I put in too much water the pot drains.

11. NatureFreak412

NatureFreak412 Art of Balance

could u get this plant at a store, or at least the seeds like home depot, or something?

12. BuffaloSoldier

BuffaloSoldier Member

so you have an idea:
    (posted in another thread:)

Last Salvia Trip: I felt thousands/millions of single points (kind of like when you get a tingling sensation) but the points were actually beings.... like spirits or something. The points had no dimensions, and I couldn't see them, but I knew they where there. They then started pulling away at my reality like my vision was a page of a book, and they were pulling at the top left corner, and the part of the other side that I saw was just flowing colors... really weird trip.

The time before that: I kept looking at a shadow on my ceiling and saying it was god looking at me. I had my guitar on me and it felt like it weighed 200 pounds. Whatever was in the ceiling looking at me was holding the guitar down so I couldn't get up... That same day, my friend said he felt like he was going through a porthole. But he kind of laughs the whole thing off and keeps saying how he feels instead of keeping his mouth shut and flowing with it.

13. Sera Michele

I feel a similar way, but to me it seems like the plant is taking over me, and I myself am turning into the plant. I also see a lot of color.

To answer the question of where to get the plant:

I ordered mine online www.sagewisdom.org is a good resource. I have not seen them in any stores.

14. PeRrY

PeRrY Member

You can order them on ebay, or just go to google.com, and type in salvia, then you'll get a bunch of sites, one of those should have what you'll want.
    * i hear if your ordering a salvia plant, you'd wanna go with the wasson strain, i guess its an easy grow for most people

15. dereistic

dereistic Member

ive seen it in smoke shops in california.