Getting Past Intimidation

Discussion in 'DMT' started by Hell, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Hell

Hell Members

Hello! Seeing how this is my first post, I figure I'll introduce myself here before I do so in the "introduction" forum :)

So I need some help.

I have done DMT twice, however have not fully blasted off, however, make no mistake, I was quite fucked. I can remember my friend's smile turning Grinch-like. During the peak of the trip, I remember my eyes twitching..- so I wiped them across my face. Just like wax.
    The second time I did it, it was almost "reminiscent" of death.. It felt like as if I had some closure on what the experience might be like. I stepped outside and smoked more. It was dark out - but you could have sworn that it was sunbleached California.. One of my friends were sitting there, a pink glow emanating from his skin.. The three of us wanted to rant and rave about it, but we all knew that it was impossible. We sat there with a mutual understanding - an understanding like none other.

These were both very fun experiences, however - the reason I hadn't blasted off is the fear, right after hitting it, the feeling of "no going back now.." But that was the only thing about it that I didn't like.

I want to be able to do this, because this is fun, but more importantly, this is something that I feel I could use as a tool to feed my existential/extraterrestrial appetite..

Im just asking for some advice on how to let the spirit take me, while I am in ease..

Even with the scary aforementioned "no going back feeling," I will continue to do this, given the chance, as I feel it's worth it by far.. However if I could get over that I feel it'd be much more enjoyable.
    Any response is appreciated, thanks :)

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I've done DMT probably 20-25 times and I consistently got the "There's no going back now" thought through those experiences. I find like if I was completely at ease going into it, the first inhalation has a lot of those mental uncertainties come rushing back, however I usually just go for it. I take care of my set/setting prior so I trust in that and the knowledge that this is a physically safe compound.

What got me was not a sense of having too much worry going in but too little, I had like 2-3 DMT trips in a row that we're very immersive but relatively 'easy' to handle so I got a bit blasé going into it after that and got a trip that ramped up the dissonance factor and sent my mind reeling.

Personally, I feel if you're looking for 'fun' Dmt is probably not the drug you are looking for, that's not to say that enjoyment should not be derived from the experience just that it is a powerful psychedelic that should be respected first and foremost.

3. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

if you want to blast off, they say you should take 3 big tokes one right after the other. it will be difficult because after just the first hit....things start to get weird. after the 2nd, you may forget how to use the lighter, or what your hand is.

4. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

^ yea, that third hit can be hard to do but its worth it. you can't fuck around too long but you do have to make sure that each hit is as big as possible and that you hold it for long enough, but that third hit makes all the difference.

5. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I would say do not worry about the spirits, machine elves or whatever you want to call them know it will be overwhelming for you. But in my experience they are very forgiving and patient. You have come and you want to learn and that is all they ask. With drugs like Salvia whatever I encountered almost seemed angry I was there. As if it did not have time for me or paperhangers it thought my intentions were not genuine.

The 3 hit rule is something that has worked very well for me. You really do have to push past that initial feeling a little strange phase to get the most out of it.