Getting over the embarrassment

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by leeza, Jan 5, 2005.

1. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

If you were coming from karate class then youd usually have a uniform on and if you didnt then theyd wonder why you just didnt put your shoes on with the rest of your street clothes in the locker room. I get what youre trying to say but I just dunno if that would work with some people, especially the more anti-barefooters out there.

2. Sax_Machine

Sax_Machine saxbend

Blackie's taking the piss on the karate front, but he's hit on an important point. not to do with karate, but have you noticed that in seaside towns people won't bat an eyelid at someone walking around barefoot away from the beaches, even though what they're doing is exactly the same as in a town that is a long way from the coast. They just assume that a person has come from the beach if they're barefoot and they don't think about what it means to be barefoot on a pavement.

As far as karate is concerned though, people don't give a second thought to practising (it's a verb, well a participle really) karate barefoot, although essentially it's the same as exercising barefoot in a gym, or playing indoor five-a-side barefoot, which does raise a few eybrows, but I find it makes it much easier. SO much easier to run, turn, stop-start and kick a ball with pace and accuracy in bare feet. I feel like a drugs cheat because it gives me a natural advantage over players in trainers.

3. Sininabin

Sininabin Member

I did't read every one so if this already been posted sorry, but a good way to wean yourself barefoot is by wearing sandals in public. You could start with very covering one and work to opened toe. Till not a big deal if your feet are exposed. Or where shoes that don't need socks like some casual heels and just every now and again slip your feet out in public maybe get use to the feeling and help you relax about it

4. Sockboy

Sockboy Member

There is no reason for anyone to be foot shy, I was extremely foot shy at a young age until I realized... why? And it didn't make sense to me. I had a foot fetish and was foot shy at the same time. I am no longer foot shy and going barefoot (or with sandals) just became a cool way of hanging out. It's comfortable and relaxed, and yes I still have a foot fetish for both male and female feet :)
    Jon

5. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

Interesting how so many of you are or were shy about your feet. I mean...it's a foot! I never felt this way, I was always barefoot as a kid in the summers (and all year inside the house), running around doing my thing. Never gave it a thought, I just knew comfort. I did wear shoes when going somewhere because it just seemed like I had to, again I never really thought about it, though I did love the point where the shoes could come off again. Hot summers and sweaty feet and shoes do not a happy Brandon make, haha.

So I really got into barefooting last summer, actually going places without shoes. It was such a new concept but one I gladly took up.

So I suppose it's because of my history that I don't understand foot shyness, but I really can't see why this would be. But like someone said, the best way I can think of getting over this is to wear nothing but sandals (still accepted as a shoe, but your foot shows) as well as barefooting when you can. Just try to forget you're barefoot, act like you have shoes on (obviously walk softer and more consciously). Just act like what youre doing is natural. I mean, you ARE wearing shoes, in the sense that they are the ones nature intended. Act confident and real confidence will grow. Peace and good luck.