Getting Others To Go Barefoot?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by canadiangurl941, Feb 26, 2017.

1. BarefootedBoy

BarefootedBoy Members

So true! I've been fortunate to date at least a couple of women who would rather go barefoot than wear those awful heels.

ijustmightdoit2 and jagerhans like this.
  2. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

So a little bit of make up IS natural?

3. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

fungi thrive in moisture and darkness so you be the judge

4. BareyMommy

BareyMommy Members

We don't have any 'indoor' shoes. We just go barefoot. We go barefoot all the time so we won't be catching anything (i hope).

5. Joyam

Joyam Members

I went on a hike up a mountain with a girl in the fall, it was about 50 degrees outside and sunny. We were both wearing jeans and boots. After about 5 minutes I suggested that we hike barefoot, she laughed and politely declined.
    I proceeded to take off my boots and socks and started walking barefoot.

About a minute later she said "You inspired me!" and sat down to remove her boots and socks. After a couple minutes she remarked how good it felt to be walking barefoot. Throughout the hike, she mentioned multiple times that this was a really great experience.

Barefoot hikes are awesome!

6. RT19

RT19 Members

Oh wow that's amazing, I enjoy barefoot hiking but it's even more fun when you are hiking barefoot with others.

Joyam likes this.
  7. Joyam

Joyam Members

Thank you. She has nice big feet too, I think sometimes she is shy to let people see them, but she seems to enjoy going barefoot alot!

BarefootedBoy and RT19 like this.
  8. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Culture and fashion is so weird. How did they ever convince women worry if their feet are "too big" ?

BarefootedBoy and Joyam like this.
  9. barefootPatrick

barefootPatrick Members

They sure are. If the two of you keep that up your feet would be so tough.

BarefootedBoy and Joyam like this.
  10. BarefootedBoy

BarefootedBoy Members

Don't get that, either.
    Nothing wrong with a woman having larger feet.

Joyam and Barefoot-boy like this.
  11. Joyam

Joyam Members

True. I think that alot of women with big feet would definitely go barefoot more often if they knew this!

BarefootedBoy likes this.
  12. jagerhans

Once it occurred to me that a gal tried to follow my example but that only lasted the time for us to toss the litter bag in the rubbish bin and go back home. When strolling in the woods or on the beach she didn't dare - our winters are tame but seawater is really freezing

13. Joyam

Joyam Members

Anyone have any new stories about getting others to go barefoot?

Fall is a great time for barefoot hikes.....

14. jagerhans

I really don't know... but as I learned two days ago, I may have one disciple. hehe. I've been told by a complete stranger at the post office that the owner of a theatre in my town is a full time barefooter, since a couple of years. Now I've been barefoot for 18 yrs, so there is a chance I gave him the idea, maybe.

15. j17435

j17435 Member

Maybe. The lady who lived across the street from me started doing yard work barefoot.
    This was after I had seen her out there numerous times, always with shoes on.
    I was always barefoot working on my yard of course and would wave to her.
    I'd like to think she noticed and decided to do the same.
    That family moved away, so I don't know if she kept it up.

I've gotten a number of "kudos" when out hiking, mostly from women but a few men as well.
    Whether any decided to try it, dunno. I hope so.

jagerhans likes this.
  16. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

No but this thread shows up for the search for getting others to go barefoot.

I say promote it like a sport like any other sport the building up and getting better at it and remind people the beginning sucks, might feel kind of awkward and feet hurt after once around the block but you quickly improve and any awkward feeling from doing something new goes away.

IMO we should be farther ahead in busting the great you need shoes scam, so many articles but they don't explain it right or warn that only the beginning kind of sucks and how quickly you can adapt and improve. Then its more fun then ever.

17. xkr404

xkr404 Member

I’m not so sure now, I think it’s gone the other way around recently. I’m living in Aus at the moment, and I see at least a handful of other people barefoot every day, but it is mostly young men. Rare to see a barefoot woman away from a beach area, like a shopping centre, far more common to see young guys. I remember it used to be more common to see girls barefoot than guys but recently it seems to have changed the other way. Maybe it’s social media - girls might feel like they have to be ‘insta ready’ at all times possibly?

18. Timmie

Timmie Members

I'm not sure if my barefoot appearances anywhere have caused others to go barefoot. But if I have, I hope I find out about it! :smile:

19. Joyam

Joyam Members

Barefoot hiking seems to be a popular way to get others to go barefoot, it's pretty fun!

BarefootedBoy likes this.
  20. Joyam

Joyam Members

Friends girlfriend seems to go barefoot more often now. She has nice feet, and is still going barefoot in November now.....

RT19 likes this.