Getting high

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Rafaela, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Takemenow

Takemenow Senior Member

its all the same...theres no exceptions.. every substance u put in ur body should be treated with respect. i use mushrooms on a now and then term. and i dont do it to feel inlightend...sometimes it happens but i do it to have a good time.its a personal choice and each to there own.. how ever this thread is about a girl who is concerned for her friend and if she feels she should be worried then theres prolly a good reason. this isnt about which drugs are worse for u... its about her consern for her good friend

2. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

getting hooked on pills is a very bad idea. I have seen many of my friends get tons of hydrocodine, crush it up and snort it...and then later started to experiment into herioin...bleh, just not a good thing to do.The bad thing about pills is that its easy to overdose on them, and taking them can get out of control. I have tried swallowing multipule painkkillers at once, never snorting them, and it doesnt do awhole lot for me, but they probably werent that powerful anyhow...i dont care.

It would be best to ween him off pills as soon as possible, and of course never get into them yourself. I say its best to stick to weed.

3. TheJolta

TheJolta Member

First, codeine is an opiate not a form of heroine. Heroine and Codeine share the opiate background but I would consider codeine a much lighter drug than heroine.

Also, he's taking 2-3 to get high. I don't think it's going to do anything major. On the back of the Tylonel box it probably says take 1-2 every 2 hours or something. I think at this point in time you're overreacting. However if you notice him getting out of control feel free to step in as you would with ANY other drug.

On the spectrum of opiate I'd say Heroine and Codeine are fairly far away. Especially the codeine in the tylonel boxes probably have a tiny amount of the drug in them.

Peace

4. Takemenow

Takemenow Senior Member

she didnt say they were the same..she says she feels the same way about them both

5. TheJolta

TheJolta Member

Well she also said "Codeine is a form of haroine" so that was my point. She probably feels that they are the same because she thinks that codeine is a form of heroine. I don't think you should be judging people on what drugs they partake in until you know the facts about those particular drugs. Obviously from the statement it doesn't seem like she knows much about her opiates and this thread would be better discussed in the opiate thread under psychadelics.

6. Becknudefck

Becknudefck Senior Member

taking mes like once in a while i guess might be ok....if im bored on a saturday night or even a week night with nothing to do and no herb, ill take 3/4 of a bottle of robotussin, but thats hardly ever. But anythign thats like another form of heroin, id never do.

7. BudBomb7

BudBomb7 Member

im with jolta, your overreacting, start getting worried when he is up to tkaing like 14 to get high.

8. TheJolta

TheJolta Member

I hope you know your chemicals in cough syrup. Because if you don't, don't be suprised to wake up in a hospital bed getting your stomach pumped.

Would you ever smoke opium? Or take vicodin?

9. Rafaela

Rafaela Member

well , I appreciate the information. On the note of me over-reacting, well I'm really not just rather concerned. Anyhow I dont understand why people aren't satisfied with marijuana alone. It gets you high and has relatively mild health effects compared to most drugs.

10. lizardqueen102

lizardqueen102 Member

when i was severly depressed and didn't care whether i lived or died, i went over my cousins house and took prozac, zyprexa, effexor and paxil and then continued to drink a lot of alcohol. i blacked out for the whole night which was pretty damn scary. now that i look back i'd have to say not to try it b/c it can fuck you up really bad. i don't even recall what i did that night. meds are too dangerous to mess with...just don't take any chances. by rights i should have died that night but somehow i didn't which scared me shitless and i haven't touched them since. just don't learn the hard way like i did. take my advice don't get into that shit.

11. EddieV1984

EddieV1984 Member

Why would pills be considered trashy? Millions of people takes pills all the time, granted its not always a helpful/healthy thing. You should be thankful that your friend is only doing codiene. Codeine is pretty much the lowest peg on the scale as far as opiate strengths go. Other than extraordinary circumstances, youve got a much higher chance of eathing the wrong type of mushrooms or getting a chest infection from smoking too much when youve got a cold.

Codeine does seem like a "trashy" high to me though, simply because the "buzz" is not satisfactory. Even hydrocodone, the next step up, isnt all that great. I judge drugs by their effects, both on the mind and the body. I would much rather see one of my friends (or me) crushing up and swallowing some oxycontin than see one of them smoking meth.

I suppose it all goes down to personal preference...but please, be careful and think about what you are doing.

12. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

i related it to tsunamis and flues to point out the evident uncontrolability of the situation. if a person takes enough pills to die then it woul dhave to mean they were incapable of realising that drugs are dangerous, in which case theyd have no reason not to experiement, in which case it isnt a choice between life or death its a choice between gettin high or stayin sober.

just as informing the people on the islands that a tsunami was coming would help prevent death, informing a person of the dangerous nature of their experimentation prevents death too. but without it, as in both cases most often, people dont know what theyre getting themselves into. for example, anyone who takes lots of tripple c's cannot physically have the brain to survive, if they take the ccc's in full knowlege of how deadly they are. but most dont know of how deadly ccc's are and jsut know that they can get you high and are avaiable at every single pharmacy

13. Primus

Primus Member

Codeine isn't really anything to be worried about. It's like comparing caffeine to crack, when you put heroin into the equation. Codeine is the weakest opiate, I believe. So anyway, is your friend doing them regularly, or just every now and then?

Second of all, I think your friend is exagerating when he says he feels "intensely high". T3's have 30mg of codeine each, which is 60-90mg if he takes 2 or 3. I've taken 400mg of codeine before from extracted tylenol 1's. I'm not trying to brag, I'm just saying what your friend is taking is completely safe. The biggest danger would be from tylenol overdose, not the codeine, if he took too many. On the bottle of T3's it says take 1-2 every 4 hours as needed. Only thing that would happen if he kept doing that, is he would stop getting high because he would build up a tollerance.

The codeine high is similar in a way to weed because it makes you more relaxed and euphoric. I'd say, take away the mental high from weed, add a lot more relaxation, and a little drunkenness, a body high and you've got codeine. If I just want to relax and do nothing, sometimes I prefer codeine to weed because for me, it allows me to relax much more. Sometimes weed can stress me out, but with codeine that factor isn't even there. I've only done it about 5 times, and its not something I seek to do. I see no harm in it.

14. aztecpiece

aztecpiece Member

stick with weed