Getting High

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by NatureFreak412, May 17, 2004.

1. NatureFreak412

NatureFreak412 Art of Balance

Do you ever feel like your not gonna get high, and when u smoke u get all paranoid that u arent high?

2. charredacacia

charredacacia Member

hehe. it happened my first time. and then i realized that i was a fucking kite!

3. NatureFreak412

Well, my first toke was Saturday... got a great story to go with it, and I was like I;m not high then bam it hit me, i took about 5 or 6 hits, and i was messed up for 2 hours, but tonite I took to hits from what they said was the same stuff and I was htinking in my head what if i dont get high, and I been thinking that the whole time i been kinda stoned, I mean its my first times and it isnt messing me up a lot, but they were telling me i was lucky to get such high grade stuff as my first try, but im not all that messed up, just my mind is taking everything in and i was feeling tingly, but is it cause im first doing it the reason I get afraid it wont get me high, and after a couple times it will really mess me up, im not gonna do it every day just like twice a week.

4. NatureFreak412

can someone please help? LoL Its kinda scary... give me some advice please

5. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

As long as you know how to smoke right, you should get high. However it also depends on your tollerance to weed.

-Peace

6. NatureFreak412

HOw do u smoke right? and what is tolerance to weed?

7. Peace

If your using a glass piece it's simple. Cover the clearhole (with your finger), put your mouth up to the pipe, light the bowl, inhale, let go of the clear hole and suck all that precious air in :).

Tolerance is like how much weed your body can handle. Over time your tolerance increases and you have to smoke more bud.

-Peace

8. NatureFreak412

I get the tolerance part, but since this is just my 2nd time of smoking in my life, I dont think I should be getting a lot tolerance, but maybe it wasnt all that great of smoke so it didnt mess me up bad, and we were tokin from a blunt.

9. Velouria

Velouria Member

Advice: After you initially suck the smoke in, take another really deep breath to make sure you suck it deep into your lungs. It took me awhile to figure this out.

10. NatureFreak412

Thanks for the advice, I think im sucking more than inhaling.

11. Peace

That's a valid point. Some newbies don't get it all the way down in their lungs and this causes you to cough. :(

12. NatureFreak412

More advice is cool. Wait, what causes u to cough, not getting it in ur lungs, or getting it in ur lungs?

13. Peace

Not getting it in your lungs. After a while, smoking because natural, and you don't have to think about it as much.

14. WaitingForTheSun

WaitingForTheSun Member

I get that feeling when I've been smoking a lot lately. I'm always afraid my tolerance has gone way up and that I need to smoke more because of it. But usually I'm wrong.

15. bertrose

bertrose Member

I think ur theory is all wrong...the point of coughing is that the lungs have something in them that they don't like(hence: pot smoke). U cough to get that shit outta ur lungs.

I can see a newb smoking some reefer and start coughing after a huge hit and be like, "shit i was coughing i must have not got it in my lungs", then keeps hittting it and get a hugely INTENSE high their first time. Everyone's first time they smoke they will cough like no other until their lungs gets use to the smoke.

But yeah the more u inhale the more THC gets absorbed through the aveoli sacs, into the blood stream...then ur going to get high.

Don't worry about tolerance unless u smoke EVERYDAY...i smoke once a week and i don't have a huge tolerance yet...its working out really nicely.

peace

16. NatureFreak412

This is kinda on the same topic, which is the best, Joints, blunts, regular pipes or water bongs?

17. NatureFreak412

Ah n/m theres already a thread that says that But heres a nother question.

Does it help to clear ur mind and relax and be happy before u get high, that way it amplifies that, cause if ur paranoid its gonna amplify that, or thinking ur not gonna get stoned, its gonna amplify that?