Getting from Airport to the area

Discussion in 'Amsterdam' started by Tugboat, Jul 4, 2006.

1. islandgurl

islandgurl Banned

Funny, you went into detail in your next, most recent post about your trip to a'dam, why not about the taxi's? Especially if it made someone not take one just because they read the vague crap! You didn't mention the "good one's" until this post, just made accusations you didn't back up until you saw what 420 wrote.

Honestly, I'm here to help people by sharing my first hand knowledge, which is what this forum is all about last time I checked and that includes details to back up what I say, especially when I'm demoralizing a group of people. Thank God I'm not in the habit of demoralizing others as a group. Maybe I'm just not a negative person, so kudos to me :) I'm happier for it.

If you had some great wisdom to share RE: taxi's in a'dam, then why not? You sure let everyone know about your "shroom trip". If you don't want to bother with "details" to help other people then shut up. This forum is about sharing experiences and helping others for us all to have a greater knowledge, period, not to badmouth a group of people without explanation.

Just because I don't mind sharing... my father and grandfather were Chicago firemen (lieutenant, inspector...) and guess what my dad did when he wasn't saving lives in high rises or tall buildings? He DROVE A CAB (which he also loved doing) on the side to make extra money for vacations in the summer and private schools for 4 children. My father would NEVER rip anyone off, ever. He was too busy risking his life most of the time for others, so maybe I have a special spot for cab drivers... You think I'll defend cab drivers? Try dissing firemen!!!!!!!!!!! They'd end up kicking my ass right outta here 'cuz I'd go nuclear. I KNOW what they go through first hand... losing their "brothers" to the fires along the way as I saw my dad lose some of his, although he loved it and wouldn't have changed anything... right down to dying on the job which he did when I was 15.

Behind every job is someone's father, brother, son... Remember that and don't make negative remarks about people trying to make a living without damn good reason, including but not limited to <GASP!> an ACTUAL experience in which you may have to <GASP!> type some extra words to help people.

Thank God I get to go back there soon. For a bunch of stoners, this place can be pretty judgemental and a total buzz kill. I know some of you other Pigs understand and I'm not speaking of y'all... I know who the real piggies are in here and I just love y'all ;) Hope to get to meet during queensday

Peace out,
    islandgurl

2. 420

420 Stoned Immaculate

PlasticFace,

Thanks for the posting. Glad you cleared up the "experience" issue, and glad you had a good trip to A'Dam.

24, eh? I'll have to look for that, for sure!

3. 420

420 Stoned Immaculate

Islandgurl,

So true, so true!

4. swirlymind

swirlymind Member

Islandgurl how many times have you been to Amsterdam and used the taxi.?

5. islandgurl

islandgurl Banned

As of right now I have been once a few months ago but am going back in a week. I took a taxi 4 times and had a good experience each time so I'm 4 for 4. Not bad odds, I'd say. Then again, I treat them with respect and maybe they feel it, just as they can feel when someone doesn't. Many people think cabdrivers are beneath them, and they don't have to "say" that for the cabbie to feel it and then some people are just plain rude.

I walked the whole time, really, because I love it. I only took taxi's when I needed to as they can get expensive. Sometimes it's completely worth it though, especially when you're way out and you want to get back to your favorite coffeeshop (Amnesia was mine last time) before it closes as I did one night after dining in this wonderful restaurant recommended by a local friend I was lucky enough to meet. Time easily gets away from you since it doesn't get dark until about 10:30 pm over there during the summer. I believe that ride was about 12 euros and since there was 2 of us it came to 6 euros each, so you see what I mean about it being completely worth it sometimes? I would have missed my mint tea and late night smoke I had grown to love at Amnesia, not to mention the great convenience as you have to stand out in the cold at night waiting for a tram and I waited quite awhile before I finally grabbed the cab. The airport to dam square is 40 euros usually.

Who can say who will be a good person/cabbie/stoner and who won't be, just like in here or anywhere else? Take a cab if you want to and just watch and have a MAP as I did. I had no problem except wanting to have a little farewell "smoke" on the way to the airport, but it was a no-no in my cabdrivers cab. Could be for all of them, didn't ask to smoke in the others. Hope this helps.

Peace,
    islandgurl

6. swirlymind

swirlymind Member

Once to Amsterdam.!
    I won't embarrass you any further.
    Try many years of experience and knowledge of the taxis in Amsterdam then we can have an eye opening disscusion about some of the dodgy taxi drivers that tout for business around the city and airport, which is illegal. Don't be blinkered to it, it exists believe me. I'm not racist but I pretty much tend to avoid anyone looking or resembling a Morrocan type driving a taxi when I'm in Amsterdam, that's just me but I am talking many years of experience. I won't bore you with stories but some taxis in Amsterdam are out to rip you off.............FACT.!

7. islandgurl

islandgurl Banned

You can be ripped off anywhere, anytime... including the "safety" of your own home... FACT!

I rode with a Morrocan driver. I asked him during our conversation because he kinda looked like ME... have something nasty to say about my nationality now? Nope, because I wouldn't tell you what my nationality is after reading what you wrote. My cabdriver was straight as an arrow. I know I paid attention as I knew the way, so here we go with generalizing a group of people again. You sure sound racist to me, but then again I'm FAR from racist.

As far as the "touting" for business being illegal, well, I suppose that would be the pot calling the kettle black since you're in THIS particular forum. I'm sure you've done your share of "illegal" things and they're just trying to make a living. It amazes me how people can point fingers at others and be guilty of the same thing.

Embarrass me? Go ahead and try but it sure doesn't happen often. There's nothing you could say to embarrass me, I promise you. I have nothing to be embarrassed about so honestly, I don't even see your point on that one except to be a smartass. Had I known you were plotting to be an asshole to me for no reason I would never have bothered to try and HELP you, but that's my nature, to try and help people.

Sorry you had your bad experiences, but I've had great one's and don't mind telling the forum. Share away... bore people with stories. I don't think you can bore them if they're choosing to read it though. If I'm bored with something, I stop if I have a choice... in here there's always a choice.

Just don't take taxi's in Amsterdam over and over again since they're so "horrible". You keep subjecting yourself to it time and time again over years and years of your experience (you must like it) and I think a good enema may help...

8. swirlymind

swirlymind Member

YAWN, fucking yawn.!

Quoting you somewhere in this thread-----''Don't you just hate it when people start talking about things they have no experience with''

You have only been to Amsterdam once and you think you know it all.! What a joke.

Oh, bow to me while you think of what to say, It'll save me time.

9. swirlymind

swirlymind Member

Too easy.!
    I'll make you cry like a teased vagina.

10. islandgurl

islandgurl Banned

I don't need to think, it's rather simple much like you. How about you can't spell worth a shit? It's spelled "Yankee" and I'm not a Yankee so you're not only racist, you're stupid and wrong too lol gee, the whole package :rolleyes:

I've never said I know it all, only a fool such as yourself would think that. I've spoken of my experiences. Yes, one trip brings "experience" which tends to help grateful people. Speaking of helping people in here, how many times have you helped people with a post? Huh? You don't seem like the "caring" type and from the number of posts you have, I'm correct, so what good is all of those years of "experience" you boast about in here to others? At least I'm using my experience to help others instead of being a pompous, racist jerkoff.

As for bowing, I bow to one being and that certainly isn't you.

You don't want a battle of the wits as you have no weapons, sweetie.

11. 420

420 Stoned Immaculate

I know just what you mean, Dr. Phil! ;)

12. islandgurl

islandgurl Banned

LMAO!!! Okay that's the second time today 420... you're cracking me up. Look forward to sharing a smoke with you, bet we laugh our asses off as I am now. Thank you for making my cheeks hurt twice :) I'd give ya a **muah** but don't want the wife to get jealous ;)

13. swirlymind

swirlymind Member

Islandgurl

It is better to be a master of silence, than a slave to your words.

Your'e a self centered tedious neurotic whose attempts at writing are the literary equivalent of valium when it comes to your 1 trip only to Amsterdam.

14. islandgurl

islandgurl Banned

Coming from a racist like you, I'm flattered :) I hope every racist on the earth feels the same about me. As for you, I won't waste another word or minute of my precious time, I'll save that for decent human beings. Besides, you probably have a meeting to attend with your other white hooded, white robed friends.

PS. You can edit your stupidity as you tried to do, but it still shows.

15. swirlymind

swirlymind Member

Actually Islandgurl
    I have a deep 6th sense I don't like you.!
    Best of luck in your quest..............................huh.!

Oh, itleast I'm not on line the entire day like you.! are you that bored.? are you that fucked up.? are you always fucking ''GAGGING'' for weed.? Are you a junkie.? Watch this space, I suppose.!

16. swirlymind

swirlymind Member

Fucking hell man.!
    There's always one out there, convinced.!
    That's what worries me.!

17. PlasticFace

PlasticFace Member

So you have been to Amsterdam once and you feel that you are in a posistion to lecture others??? Like I said in a previous post i don't come on here to argue or offend. I don't feel i have been out of order in anything i have said in previous posts so why are you freaking out Island? Lets just all chill and accept we have different views and experiences.

18. PlasticFace

PlasticFace Member

But while i'm here i'll share 1 of my taxi experiences. Myself and 4 friends where in Amsterdam, about 5 years ago, and met up with a guy who lived out there who was a friend of a friend. We had a few drinks and smokes in his flat and then decided to go to the Comedy Club. As this was a fair distance from where he lived he said he'd order a taxi. About 10 minutes later the taxi, an ordinary looking people carrier, came and we all got in. We told the driver where we wanted to go and he set of driving. This is where the madness begins. The driver presses a button on the dashboard and disco lights start flashing around the ceiling and a disco ball starts flashing in the front. Then he presses another button and screens flip down from the ceiling and tunes begin to blast out from the monster sound system this guy has in his taxi. Then to complete things he gets a microphone out the glove box and begins to free style as he drives down the road. He then passes the mic and we all embarress ourselves with our pathetic free styles. Soon the taxi ride is over and we arrive at the comedy club. And that's the last time i ever saw the Disco Taxi. Anybody else ever seen or heard of this guy?
    Like i have previously said i've had good experiences and bad ones. This was a good one a real good'n.

19. islandgurl

islandgurl Banned

Best post I've ever seen you make, Plasticface. I actually laughed my ass off so thank you for sharing. As far as chilling, read the posts... I'm not the one freaking out and being a nasty, vulgar racist. In fact I won't be saying another word. I don't talk to racists if I can help it and I always can.

You're right, not only do we all have different experiences, we all have different views. When I see racism in any form I am quite thankful I do NOT share those views and yes, it disturbs me that in this day we still have it. As long as we do, I will speak out against it.

Peace & hope for a better world,
    islandgurl

20. PlasticFace

PlasticFace Member

Are you accusing me of racism?