getting dreads

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by Mrs.Krinkle, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Mrs.Krinkle

Mrs.Krinkle Banned

Im thinking about getting dreads, but im like really indecisive about it. Like is there anyway to make them look pretty and kinda nice for like weddings and stuff like that? and if i decide to get rid of em i have to cut my hair real short dont i? just looking for some advice. thanks [​IMG]

2. nynysuts

nynysuts No Gods, No Masters

You need the knotty know how forum, can't remember the address, but if you go into body modification it's on a sticky on there!

3. usfcat

usfcat CaterCreeps

my advice...if you are indecisive dont do it yet. It's a big decision and you should be sure first :)
    There are plenty of ways to keep them nice though and make them girly. You can wear decorative hair wraps, tie it back, use beads, etc.

4. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

Go to knotty know how.

Dreads are a commitment. They are also an agreement, on some level, to be outcasted from "normal society" for as long as you've got them. That said, they are part of WHO I AM. If someone wasn't satisfied that my hair didn't look nice enough to see them married, I'd tell them to fuck off. My hair was good enough for ME to get married, and if it didn't somehow ruin my own beautiful wedding how could it bother anyone else's? :rolleyes:

5. SpaceChive

SpaceChive Member

Don't count on them looking nice the first few weeks, they need time to tighten. You can use felting needles to make them look better, and put beads in them.