Getting brilliant ideas at 3:00am. I hate it!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Unknown American, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Unknown American

Unknown American Rogue Capitalist

I hate getting brilliant ideas at 3:00am.

I cannot sleep because my mind is rushing. But I can't do anything until the normal people are up and going.

So I end up with about 2 hours sleep and have to somehow function until I can implement the idea.

Then I can get some normal sleep. Well at least until someone wakes be up with a silly ass problem or question.

Crap I have so much to do today.

Another day in my world:)

2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I am the same way most nights. I am an insomniac. My mind has always been most active at night. I am usually not even fully awake until around 10:00 at night, or so it seems. My best work has always been at night, whether it's music, writing, problem solving... whatever.

3. acga5

acga5 Senior Member

4:02 am now :D

4. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

^Yeah, here on the east coast it is.

5. Unknown American

Well good to know I am not the only insomniac.

I wish I was writing or doing something like that right now.

But what is driving me nuts is I need the assistance of people who keep normal hours.

So I am stuck until like 8:00am.

But otherwise being creative late at night or rather early in the morning is cool.:)

6. Unknown American

I am in the Central time zone.:)

7. indian~summer

indian~summer yo ho & a bottle of yum

you hate it, but honestly it's the best way to be
    inspiration has no clock

8. Unknown American

This is true. What I hate is I have to wait to do anything. That is what is a pain.

9. gillphish02

gillphish02 Member

I know exactly what your saying, I find and learn so much from 12 to 5 and then I try to wait until eveyone is awake but wind up giving up by 7 and don't wake until 5pm when all the people are at home.

So what was your great idea?

10. Unknown American

Well the idea was nothing important. I am just experiencing some time delays with a business partner.

So rather that waiting and becoming impatient. I am going to take another trip somewhere else so I can learn something.

I just need to contact my partner and see how long the delays are going to be.

Basically a month long trip to the Caribbean Sea. It is not the trip so much as the idea and the timing of everything.

Brilliant to me but inconsequential to anyone else.:)

11. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

Hemingway used to quote F. Scott Fitzgerald in his novels and paraphrase the sentence:

"In a real dark night of the soul it is always three o'clock in the morning, day after day!"

For some reason, I have that line memorized. It's appropriate in many ways.

12. Unknown American

I suppose that is true. Looking back in my life. It almost always has been at 3:00am or so.

In the last few years I have changed though. I no longer a depressive person. If I do get depressed it is really easy for me to figure out why and do something.

But I love Hemingway!:)

13. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

Hemingway is pretty terrible at developing his female characters, lousy at best. He depicts them as fickle, overly emotional and helpless - but he lived through a different time in Europe when there were absolutely strong and self-assured women that he must have came across, and he did. He did write a bit better I think in his later years, he took out some of the naivety that he loved to play on with his female characters. The guy was macho, so it doesn't surprise me the way he liked to write about women and aimed to under-estimate them to support the macho-ness of his leading male characters.

Great writer, but Margaret Atwood has it all down when it comes to character development and accurate reflections of female memes and feminine thought.

14. indian~summer

indian~summer yo ho & a bottle of yum