Getting Animals High

Discussion in 'Animal Advocates Support' started by peace_n'_love, Feb 15, 2009.

1. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

some still miss the point. difference between wild & domesticated animals. just as there`s a difference between dogs themselves. it`s because dogs have been w/ humans a long time, some breeds less. & they trust us, some of their wild instincts have been bred out, some haven`t. & we think it`s funny because we have complete mastery over them. there`s a thin line between mastery & love.

2. 90 paces west

90 paces west Member

I totally hate when people try getting animals high.

Animals can have a bad reaction just like people can.
    My friends dog threw up and got really sick when she had a party and people got her high.

And that's a big reason why I wont have parties. I don't want my animals getting messed around with. If your pets like it, fine.

But I'm not a big fan of being forced to do something.
    So I wont force a dog, cat, etc to smoke....

3. LauraMay

LauraMay Rainbow Humper

In my opinion, pets (like babies) should not be exposed to pot.

How do you know if s/he likes it or not?

Would you shoot your dog up if you were a heroin user?

4. MrDot

MrDot Senior Member

"shit, they're just animals."

Roflmfao. omfg, hahahaha, wow.

5. LauraMay

LauraMay Rainbow Humper

^ hoping you're laughing at how wrong and pathetic that is ;)

6. Fawkes

Fawkes Member

Me too, Laura.

7. wakeboartd00d!

wakeboartd00d! Member

i simply pass the bong, its my dog's choice if he wants to take a rip or not. i wouldnt be the one to light for him either. completely his choice!

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

My dog stole some weed last week and I felt really bad, he was wasted, but oh the other hand, he got hurt running the day before and needed the shit. :confused: :)

9. Disguised

Disguised Guest

I agree. Unless they say..."Give me some" (which they can't) you shouldn't do anything that could could get them high or drunk.
    If you need to do that to be entertained, you have a problem.

By the way I'm not talking to anyone specifically. When I say 'you', I just mean people in general.

10. LauraMay

LauraMay Rainbow Humper

So he uses his paw to light it up? :confused:

Cool dog :cool:

11. LauraMay

LauraMay Rainbow Humper

I agree!!!!

Thank you! :)

12. behindthesun93

behindthesun93 Member

That isn't true. Animals in the wild like to alter their minds as well. I know that in africa, there's a fruit from a certain tree that drops to the ground and starts to ferment. and every year, all of the animals gather around those trees and eat fruit to get drunk. you know why? because they like it.

Now, I don't think animals like to trip, but I'm pretty sure it is a universal desire for most animals (more so birds and mammals) to alter their minds. hell, there could be elephants in the wild in india that like to eat the marijuana that grows there.

13. arcticfunky

arcticfunky Member

When me and my girlfriend are smoking, if my cats in another room and the smell reaches her, she'll sit at the door ad scratch til we let her in. Then she'll sniff at the air and just chill there while we smoke. cats are not stupid and if they want to inhale smoke i think they should be able to. If she does get high from breathing in exhaled smoke i think she should be able to.

14. makihiko

makihiko Official hippie since 2005

oh geez...I had two cats a while ago, one of them would like to have marijuana smoke blown at him and the other didn't. i would never hold the animal down, just blow towards them. the kitties seemed to enjoy it when they were high, they would go right for their toys... and then the food dish, lol they always got good munchies too :)

15. livin420

livin420 Member

yeah y'know people forget that WE ARE ANIMALS TOO! if you wouldnt grab a persons face and force them to breath in your smoke, then dont do it to any other aniimal! likewise, if you smoke up and a person walks out the room, its quite clear they dont want to inhale it - just like an animal, in theory, would do if they dind like your smoke.

---------------------
    'they must find it hard, those who accept authority as truth, rather than truth as authority'

16. SpaceChive

SpaceChive Member

I'm against getting animals high. If they're in the room I dont know.. I think theyre not really aware of the purpose of weed or anything else so I think you have to keep it away from your pets.
    Also I dont assume its good for them. Their bodies are different and lots smaller so probably they can handle less of that.
    Catnip seems to work like acid though, and cats love that, so if people are so stoked about "getting their animals high" just give your kitties that, because its okay stuff

17. LauraMay

LauraMay Rainbow Humper

:cheers2:

18. SpaceChive

SpaceChive Member

:) Thanks for confirming my point :) there are too many people in the world who dont handle their animal companions the way they should.
    They dont think like us you know, they live in the here and now, animals

19. LauraMay

LauraMay Rainbow Humper

No need to thank me, I just agree :D

Let the dog roll the joint and light it up and THEN I'll think a dog can smoke weed :rolleyes:

20. Emerson87

Emerson87 Member

I really don't like when people do that either, I don't think it's very fair, we understand what we are doing and what is happening when we are high, animals don't. I would never even consider getting my kitty high.