Getting Animals High

Discussion in 'Animal Advocates Support' started by peace_n'_love, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

if i reincarnate as a dog, i hope i have an owner that forces me to get high. it's good for you. like milk. except without the cow part. and the milk part. just the smoke part. there's really no smoke in milk. i hope. that'd be some pretty fucked up milk at least. in conclusion, drink milk. i think that's what this thread was about at least.

2. Indy Hippy

Indy Hippy Zen & Bearded

No one can really say wether or not getting high is good for animals as it is for people. It pissed me off back when I got high with alot of people. I had my dog with me and this guy I was smokin' with grabs the poor things muzzle, forces its mouth open, and makes it inhale the smoke, all the while the dogs struggling to get away. I mean i'll admit at the time I thought it was funny but I was fucked up. Now a day it makes me so mad.

3. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

tha,ks y`all, for noticing these things. it`s true we don`t really what effect pot has on animals.

4. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

When I was a kid, my brother and I would sneak out into this field of tall Wheatgrass, where we would crouch down below the grass and smoke weed.
    I swear to god, every time, this one farmers dog would find us,and he would get right up in your face when you were blowing out a hit, and just start lapping it up! If you turned your head, he would follow it, lapping away! After we all got stoned, he would run and play with us all afternoon.:)

ZW :peace:

5. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'd be more concerned about givin the pup fatty table scraps and not enough exercise and brushing.

6. sisterkymba

sisterkymba Member

I used to have a kitty that would show up everytime it was 420 at my house, he was way into it. He would jump up in your lap and get right in front of your face, breathing in the exhaled smoke. Afterwards would go chow down and then go pass out for a nap. RIP Fritz! My cat now though, he isn't curious about it, strictly catnip!

7. Apples+Oranjes

Apples+Oranjes Bekkasaur

I've gotten my cat high, by accident. He quite obviously didn't like it, so I stopped doing it. No big deal.

My friend's cat on the other hand, the second he smells the smoke, comes running up to you, jumps on your lap and puts his face right to yours trying to inhale the smoke. True story.

So... you know, whatever. I don't think it's always a cruel thing. If I kept getting my cat high, knowing that he doesn't like it, that would be cruel, yes. But I don't really see what the problem is if they actually enjoy it... and some animals definitely do...

8. Apples+Oranjes

Apples+Oranjes Bekkasaur

I agree.

9. behindthesun93

behindthesun93 Member

I can't say I agree or disagree with it.

But animals do have the want to alter their minds. Humans do too. Why do you think we spin around in circles? Lean back off a couch so your head is upside down? I know in africa there's a tree that drops the fruit, and then the fruit ferments, and the animals all get together and eat it and get drunk, pretty much. So my only point is that it's not like it's unnatural for the animal to get high. They actually do it in the wild. We have this wierd scratchy-post carboard thing for our cats and it comes with catnip. my cats sits there all day and gets stoned.

But
    They do it at will.
    Maybe you can feed your dog some weed and see if he likes it.

10. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

once again, there`s a biig difference between wild & domesticated animals. & some people actually don`t know that. it`s kinda sad.

11. padding_ghost

padding_ghost Banned

If they use body language to indicate that they like it, I don't see anything wrong. :)

12. Topher D.

Topher D. Senior Member

my friends dog (fritz) will sit there and chill in a super smoky room with a bunch of people, but only if its sticky icky green weed. any of that schwag shit and hes at the door.

13. daisymelan

daisymelan Professional fence sitter

My cat gets high from licking plastic bags... darn right I let that kitty lick them. =) Not sure how it fits in, but I see someone questioning how humans know animals are actively seeking out pleasures to make them high... that's one.

Also, you should see my cats go nuts over their catnip. I just put it out... they scratch, lick, etc... so I suppose if a cat or dog were approaching a joint... then they would be asking to have some as that is the only way they can ask. Let's face it, their sense of smell is way better than ours and they would leave if they didn't want to be high or be around it.

14. dubsmiley420

dubsmiley420 Member

our dogs will run up to you if you flick a lighter, if it's a cigarette they smell it and walk away, if it's cannabis they beg, it's all a matter of preference, just like human beings.

15. Fawkes

Fawkes Member

No, Wrong!! The animal will be receptive at first because it's master, who it loves is holding its face and it thinks that is nice. Then you blast smoke in his face. Once it realizes what up it tries to back up, but probably inhaled some, and probably won't like it.

Human's along with our ability to create art and society also brought the desire to get high. Animals probably don't appreciate this like we do.

That being said my friend from highschool, Amy (R.I.P. Fucking ancient old dickhead completely missed a stop sign in rural alachua county, Fl back in like 2003.) shotgunned her dog once and it was pretty damn funny. She had a really hyper border collie that spent pretty much all evening trying to fuck her golden retriever or coming up to us while we were smoking and looking for attention. Now this dog loves attention, but will bite if you do it wrong. Not cool around a bunch of stoners, so Amy shotgunned the dog. It went from hyper to drowsy and stoned in like 40 seconds. We giggled about that one for about an hour.

My final ruling, don't do it. Let the dog in the room, it can smell the shit. If he likes the second hand smoke, cool it can hang out. It may even come up for a shotgun. But I would NEVER hold it's face first time. Animal Cruelty, IMHO.

Have any of you seen the discovery channel video of the animals that ate the fermented berries in africa. Supposed to be legendary. I've never seen it, but I want to. Come to think of it, I just realized as I was typing, it's probably on the internet. Can you imagine a 20 ton elephant stumbling around blasted out of his mind. This I wanna see.

16. Fawkes

Fawkes Member

A canine cannibis connoisseur!!!! I like, Fritzy my boy, I'm impressed.

17. seraphina

seraphina Member

I think it is animal abuse, plain and simple. and this is coming from someone who used to think otherwise.

the thing about animals is that they dont understand sensory experience the way we do. what could be fun for us is most likely frightening to them. even if it isnt, getting high should be a choice and they arent able to make that for themselves. its like getting a three year old high.

18. KronicNoob

KronicNoob Guest

I'm guilty of holding my dogs head while blowing smoke in her face, yes I do believe it is wrong however I justified it a few times because SHE ATE A HOLE FUCKING HALF OUNCE! THAT BITCH. She was fucked up that whole day though, slept for most of it. In my defense I was super high at the time and felt it was like a bonding experience for me and the pooch. I do it no longer though, I think smoke might actually burn her nose sense she seems to be very sensitive to smoke whether it be tobacco or marijuana.

19. Fingermouse

Fingermouse Helicase

If a 2 year old took an interest in your drugs, would you let them have some too?
    Whats the difference in terms of how much knowledge they have?

20. Fingermouse

Fingermouse Helicase

Ah its been said. Thank you!:)