Getting along with people

Discussion in 'Protest' started by Thethirdbenjamin, May 9, 2004.

1. Thethirdbenjamin

Thethirdbenjamin Member

I've just started a new job back around January, i meet all the other coworkers and i got along with all of them for the exception of one.

This guy acted as if he thought he was better then everyone and acording to him everyone was inferior to him.

I rember two months ago we where both at the point where we both wanted each other fired.

anyway i came home one day complaning about him and my mom said just be nice, i laughed at the idea and said its not going to happen mom, besides mom all be nice to him if he's nice to me.

last week he started being nice to me and well i started acting more cooperative to him.

I guess when you think about it when getting along with other people, it takes just one person to do a small act that makes the biggest diffrence even if its just a hello or good morning.

2. chandra anjali

chandra anjali Member

wow. i'm glad you understand that. i think i want to get it tatooed on my forehead... being nice doesn't hurt

3. Jennyflower

Jennyflower Member

that is so true. being nice is so much easier than blanking or despising someone. takes alot less energy.

4. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

This is a protest how? Oh I'll make it one! STOP IGNORANT PEOPLE FROM STARTING POINTLESS FIGHTING! Gave it a shot...

5. 7river

7river on a distinguished path

good post! Very appropriate for this forum!

6. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

The best advice I've ever gotten was "Kill them with kindness." Being nice to an ass just confuses the Hell out of them!!

7. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

I had a similar situation with a classmate. I thought he was a narcissist, he seemed like he felt superior to everyone in the class. I really disliked him, especially because of a particular time when he told me off in front of people cos i was taking two pieces of chicken instead of one (long story) and said to him, mind your own business mate.

I dont know why he then approached me and said sorry. ok, no problem. and I've been nice to him and he's nice to me too.

I guess It's better to be nice to people, I believe in karma and I want people to be nice to each other, even though that's quite hard, especially in the place where I live. everyone's got a fucking attitude, it sucks!

8. Dolphin~Rider

Dolphin~Rider Member

More people would be nice first to someone that's been rude to them if pride and fear of rejection didn't get in the way. Many won't make the first move toward reconcilliation if there's a chance of being shot down and embarrassed in public. That takes humility. I can only speak for myself when I say that I would like to let go of my ego more often.

9. Smudge

Smudge Member

Good post Dolphin Rider, very deep...good to think on... :)