Get Woke... Go Broke

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by 6-eyed shaman, Jan 15, 2019.

1. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

That sucks but I wouldn't be surprised if that letter the superintendent got was threatening a lawsuit. It sounds like she appeased all sides by removing the images and sticking up for the kids doing the sign.

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Castration by ironing? :eek:

Meliai likes this.
  3. GuerrillaLorax

GuerrillaLorax along the peripheries of civilization

You must not have heard. There have been the first of a predicted series of laws passed deeming abortion illegal, even in the case of rape and incest.

For those who advocate for state laws, it would be no less logical to follow this law with one requiring mandatory vasectomies until one is ready to become a parent. (Because vasectomies are safe and reversible.)

4. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I'm actually pro choice in most circumstances.

However, mandatory vasectomies are still just as maniacal as government enforced castration.

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  5. 6-eyed shaman

I really have to add...

If this politician said a similar joke involving women, minorities, LGBT, etc. The very same people in this thread who are chiding me about "not getting the joke" would be screaming bigotry, and demanding she resign.

6. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Not me. I evaluate comments like these in context. I also take into account that it's one individual--a state legislator, which in my state are often certifiable. What I wouldn't say is "Today It is just like reading the comment section of sites like everyday ___ism."

7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

The only way a politician could make a similar joke is if a group of women, minorities, LGBT, etc were actively passing laws that took rights away from another group of people

And I wouldnt scream for anyone's resignation because i'm resigned to the fact that Americans will almost always elect the worst possible candidate and once elected they pretty much have free reign to act however they want. Murca

8. Nicomorphinst

Nicomorphinst Members

Anyone here a member of the National Bike Lock Association? "Want my bike lock? Come & Get It; out of my cold dead hands" and all that?

9. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

When your country owns enough weapons to equal the next six to sixteen largest combined you get paid to look the other way. Men might bend over and grease their ass at work, while women do it at home, and the very idea of the pecking order not winning is anathema. We praise people like Martin Luther King, then kill them. If Jesus were alive today, he would either be dead, in a mental institution, or in prison. Being nice and sharing more doesn't sell houses and cars in the suburbs.

10. 6-eyed shaman

So what you’re saying is that it doesn’t become a similar joke unless the law actually passes? This doesn’t make any sense.

If the joke would have been to force women to wear chastity belts with RFID chips to prevent unwanted pregnancies. Or even worse, have women undergo FGM. There’d be a great deal of restlessness on this forum, calling the politician a fascist and more. The big difference here, is that you can make sexist jokes about men and still be politically correct.

I’ve lived in Portland and been on HipForums long enough to understand the inner psychology of the woke left.

11. wooleeheron

The truth only hurts for a reason, when one in five women is raped, the president cuts the mass media a deal on their rent, and lawyers decide what anything means. If men don't like being the butt end of sad jokes, they should stop gang raping women in broad daylight in central park in front of the cameras. Maybe they would also attract women with more personal integrity.

12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

What doesnt make sense?

Trying to pass oppressive laws is just as bad. They're trying to pass an anti abortion law in my state, they have already passed anti abortion laws in Alabama, Missouri, etc. Same difference.
    And until you can provide an example of women, minorities, and LGBT trying to or actually passing laws that directly harm another group of people, your comparison simply doesnt stand.

You're trying really hard to be offended. You know what was said was said in direct response to harmful laws passed in Alabama, etc. Those laws actually hurt people, thats what you should be concerned about. You should be offended by real laws that directly harm people, not fake laws brought up in jest as a response to the real, harmful laws

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

You're trying so hard to be offended you're missing the actual point, which is that men have no right to pass laws that interfere with a woman's reproductive health

GuerrillaLorax likes this.
  14. deleted

deleted Visitor

15. wooleeheron

One in five women is raped, yet the first women's shelter in the US was not opened until the SPCA was already nationwide. Rights mean nothing when women are half the population and refuse to even stand up for themselves.

16. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

She didn't address abortion at all though, her statement would be more along the lines of preventing women to ovulate. It does come across as distateful man bashing.

I think the Alabama laws are draconian but abortion seems to be one of those topics that's heavily influenced by people's morality, religion and what not and so probably in the pro-lifers minds, abortion is directly affecting them as well, as part of a moral framework for society.

17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

It was an obvious response to the abortion laws being passed

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

In regards to this
    The Supreme Court is there to uphold the separation of church and state and to prevent the US from being controlled by the morality of religion..so here's hoping

19. wooleeheron

Alabama is Neo-Nazis with pretentions to morality. Calling Neo-Nazis draconian is an understatement.

20. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

The entire state?