Get Woke... Go Broke

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by 6-eyed shaman, Jan 15, 2019.

1. I think they're pining for the opposite. It's likely Humboldt has been majority white for over a century already.

2. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

In other Woke news.....

Family Guy is going to purge all future episodes of gay jokes. As a way to virtue signal to the LGBTQRSTUV community.
    'Family Guy' Will Phase Out Gay Jokes

Hmmm, that's odd..... I figured Family Guy purged itself of all things comical and humorous back in 2005....
    But all kidding aside, it appears that Family Guy is taking the politically correct approach for all shows in the upcoming seasons.

In a way, this is a rotten shame that Seth McFarlaine has reached for the PC kool-aid. When Family Guy was new in 1999-2000, it got famous because of its politically incorrect humor that portrayed stereotypes of nearly every ethnicity and subculture. It was edgy. It was funny. It was avant-garde. Now, it's stale, predictable, and tame, and sophomoric. Thank you political correctness. You ruin everything good.

At least South Park will never go that direction. They've always taken the media's most cherished icons, and mocked the living crap out of them. They aren't on anyone's side, and they aren't afraid to break the rules of political correctness.

And I quote from the creators Matt and Trey themselves:

"I hate conservatives, but I really fucking hate liberals."

South Park is a shining beacon of freedom in a leftist gulag known as Commedy Central.

3. 6-eyed shaman

So basically what you're saying is that there is no such thing as propaganda in media. How naive and sheltered you are.

4. 6-eyed shaman

Actually, I pounded the LIKE button on your post because it's the most original dis you've ever thrown at me. Too bad your big "Incel" moment is merely piggybacking off of McFuddy's post from your Comrade Cortez thread. But it's ok though. I know plenty of engineers. While they're talented at making things work. Many of them aren't very witty or creative.

The hive mind mentality is to assume that all women, all 51% of the world population, would actually support the motives of the women's march. :tearsofjoy:
    Believing that the Women's March is going to empower all women and bring society forward, is as dumb as believing that Donald Trump is literally making America great again because his brand says so.

Well, now that you've brought up that Gillette commercial that propagates the message that all primal masculinity is toxic. That's another fail in Woke News if you ask me, so it's totally on-topic. Who's bright idea was it for them to take the Woke Pill, and vilify their entire consumer base?

"The best a Man can get!" To some, this slogan would be sexist and transphobic. :tonguewink:

For that matter, Why are feminists like you not outraged that all the women in the ad are portrayed as helpless damsels in distress, who are incapable of standing up for themselves in the face of big bad men, and rely on 'white knights' to save them? I thought feminists HATED white-knighting?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    WritersPanic likes this.
  5. 6-eyed shaman

Actually, this will be my first time going to a political rally since Occupy. :)

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Errghh, the stupid Gillette ad backlash thing.

Look up douchebag in the dictionary: there is a picture of Piers Morgan

7. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Saw this, and I think it relates without detracting from the point of the thread.

The Women’s March Is Back, With Both Divisions and Much to Celebrate

but some prominent figures are keeping their distance...

and

8. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Thousands expected to turn out for Women’s March in downtown Los Angeles

Apparently the problems facing the group aren't native to DC. The group must be national. They are organizing these marches despite the recent controversy.

I think empowerment is of the utmost importance, and women in Congress accomplish that to a large degree. It shows that women can do things that traditional thinking provides only for men doing. Personally, I like the break from the status quo. It shows the momentum of change in this country. The optic, the visual elements of change, are meaningful, and so I think women have much to celebrate.

9. 6-eyed shaman

Buzzfeed just laid off 15% of their staff :cool:

Woke politics will get you broke. When will they learn?

Whenever I hear the name “Buzzfeed,” I associate it with a swarm of flies feasting on a pile of excrement.

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Eww I hate flies! I'm really good at slapping them though, because I hate them so much.

11. GuerrillaLorax

GuerrillaLorax along the peripheries of civilization

Was this your crew?

Twitter

How dare folks actually start to not attack marginalized communities. What a crazy world we live in.

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

This reminds me, the thread title, of a song I heard in a pub once with one the dorkiest bands I've ever seen in a live gig. There was only 2 people, a guitarist and drummer and they switched instruments after each song. :tearsofjoy:

It was grunge and the lyrics were :tearsofjoy:

Wake up!
    Go to school!
    Come home!
    MOTHERRRR!!!

Get a job
    Work all day
    Come home!
    MOTHERRRR!

and we just stood there like :openmouth: this guy has some serious shit about his mum. :sweatsmile: and then, we walked out on them and we were like 3 out 5 people there I felt so bad about it. First time we'd ever walk out on anything that I remember.

And to this day probably 10+ years later, my wife will look at me and sing go to school come home go to bed MOTHERRRRRR!  :tearsofjoy::sweatsmile:

I have just asked my wife, she reminded they were called "The Economists" from Perth, Australia. :sweatsmile::sweatsmile:
    I might have to youtube, see if they made it anywhere.

13. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Well at least for now we can enjoy it's non-PC wit

14. Imagine if the original Will & Grace tried to conform to this. What would you have? Gay Seinfeld?

It's weird to be living through this right now. Whole paradigms of societal thinking are morphing in a matter of months. I remember when it took many years for things to change. I've also been waiting for legalized marijuana since 1976. Now two issues are alike.

15. 6-eyed shaman

Total journalist layoffs this year (in counting):

Vice Media: 250
    Verison (AOL, Huffingpaint Post, Yahoo): 800
    Buzzfeed: 250
    Gannett: 400
    McClatchy: 450

More than 2,100 people lost their jobs in a media landslide so far this year

Honestly as much as it sucks to get laid off from a job. When someone gets paid to write nothing but clickbait articles that say things like "27 reasons why white people have ruined Japanese food," I can't say I have a single ounce of sympathy for these people being let go.

Journalists be like: OMG! This man is a racist! Get him fired!
    Also the same Journalists: Hey! Why are you laughing at me for losing my job!?

As some of you may know, some of these journalists wrote articles encouraging blue-collar Americans who risk losing their mining and extractive industry jobs to learn how to write code, and get a job in coding.

From Coal To Code: A New Path For Laid-Off Miners In Kentucky

So when all the same hipster journalists who wrote these articles lost their jobs took to Twitter to whine about it, the internet took to telling them "LEARN TO CODE." "Can you teach a journalist how to code."

Twitter now started BANNING people who were telling these delicate wallflowers to learn how to code:

Twitter: Telling Fired Journalists to 'Learn to Code' Is 'Targeted Harassment' | Breitbart

16. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Not sure what you mean by propaganda. Peer review of news stories generly brings the truth out.

I guess wit or creativity is relative to the person. I am very by the book and scientific. But I like to think I have some creativity. You kind of need both. I need to understand what is "outside the box" and I need to understand where the box is.

I did do a lot of creative writing in school. So much so I had teachers say I should write books. But teachers encourage it is their job I don't know if I could have had a best seller.

I don't think women agree on everything. But things like the march are for choice. That is what I support. There is no "hive mind" as you keep saying. There is the chance for people to have their own mind. A march is a great way for that. You don't like it don't go. Personally it's true women can be very judgy over what other women do. My girlfriend was kind of turned off from being involved with it since they found out she cooks for me. So she's not a good enough feminist I guess. Things like that probably annoy you too.

As for the incel stuff I don't want to "diss". It's just that from the way you write I see an incel. It's merely a word in the lexicon to describe right wing people with a problem with feminism. I hope you find a relationship if you want one speaking human to human. And if I offended you I am sorry. The word can be negative now.

17. GuerrillaLorax

"Police in so-called Portland, OR really stepped in it this time. It came as no surprise to any of us when we saw the data dump of communications between one Lt. Jeff Niiya and Patriot Prayer’s Joey Gibson, though many liberals were shocked. As the data is analyzed, some very interesting connections have been made and we’re sure more are to come. We feel that it’s only a matter of time before it is made clear to the city at large that this collusion goes all the way up to our mayor, Ted Wheeler." - Coffee Not Cops

18. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

'So-called' Portland? What do you mean?

19. GuerrillaLorax

Because that's the name given by the colonizers, and not it's actual name.

20. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

So what do you call it?