Get Woke... Go Broke

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by 6-eyed shaman, Jan 15, 2019.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I recently heard of a test feminists do in movies. You find 2 female characters with a name and see if they have a discussion about something besides a man. Like something that makes them more then a girl seeking a guy. I was surprised how often I could not do this. A lot of romantic movies which are for women have names but the dialogue is all "girl go get him".

A man's action movie might have one girl. She is a bad ass or the hot prize the man gets. She talks about the plot sometimes even when the men make sexist comments to her. But she has no other women.

2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

True. And I am fully guilty of buying into what is being sold by Hollywood. They just put out what they think we will buy. The meaning behind it is sort of secondary in many cases. So when we see sort of meaningless dialogue like what you describe who do we blame? I think the answer is ourselves. Because honestly, I doubt Hollywood would have anything to do with it if it wouldn't sell movies.

Even wonderwoman, with all its female-lead glory, leaves something to be desired in the true heroine department because her costume doesn't really let us appreciate the role reversal (of a woman taking on some traditionally masculine characteristics of heroism). Wonderwoman is right there doing it, but she's doing it in a leotard or something revealing which doesn't appeal to a wholesome sense of femininity in the minds eye.

3. unfocusedanakin

Yes no doubt they do it since it sells.For example look at all the outrage when this norm is challenged. There are several examples of movies or other entertainment being deemed a politcal agenda because either a women or minority is in it and their role is not what conservative men want to see.Their dollar is good and they will veto.

The same kind of outrage that started this thread. There is a status quo. Hollywood despite what some thing does not have a political agenda they have a profit agenda. You see what you want to see from them.

4. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Actually I've decided to attend my first women's march for a good reason.
    You see, I've done some contemplating, and re-evaluating all the stuff I've posted, and I think that it's time for me to join hands with the people of your hivemind. I'm going to check white male privilege. Which is why I as a white male, am going to join forces and march in solidarity with the movement, and become a loud and proud feminist. Reborn, leaving my past conservative philosophies behind me. It will be a gradual process, but I shall overcome...

WritersPanic and GLENGLEN like this.
  5. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Nah, not really. I'm just gonna wear the shirt and troll the march. I might flirt with a few of the marchers, ask for a phone number or two. And see how well my attire will be received :D

WritersPanic likes this.
  6. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

@post 24......LOL.....It's Going To Take A Lot More Than A March To "Reform" You Young Man...... :D

Cheers Glen.

6-eyed shaman likes this.
  7. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Is this just a scene?

Aliens : Ripley and Vasquez... I suppose I could be called on a technicality here, because Vasquez does say "man" but they aren't seeking a man.

...And if I'm going to be called on that technicality, from the same movie, Ripley and Newt

I'd consider pooling from romantic movies dubious research for such a test because the point of those movies is to have a love interest.

WritersPanic likes this.
  8. unfocusedanakin

Sorry if I offended you. This reply seems kind of upset to me. I hope you do go to a women's march someday. I mean we are all human don't go to war with 51% of the population. You came out of a women and I'm sure you mom loves you as you do her.

As far as hive mind the thread title is being said literally thousands of times on the Gillette video and I'm sure someone as outraged as you has heard of it and seen it as well. Kind of off topic but I just saw that ad. So I think you got it from somewhere. Same with many other threads you make. I never hear this insult of phrase and then it's everywhere including your lips.

I like to think my words are my own at least.

True romantic movies are just for the love. But I share a TV and she has tastes lol
    I am kind of limited on my research in this way.

9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

GLENGLEN and soulcompromise like this.
  10. deleted

deleted Visitor

surprised that hasnt been removed from the movie all together..

11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I wish you would. Even with your own particular motives.
    But I don't think you act upon your societal thoughts other than making charged and supposedly humorous posts and threads on here. Maybe also in certain comment sections of other sites :p
    Lots of empty talk, no action.

12. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Daaaamn Asmo.... called him out like a Girl Scout!

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

[​IMG]

Nearly 30 years later

Orison likes this.
  14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Lol

Quoted for laughs

15. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Holy shit he grew up to be a cyborg.

Orison likes this.
  16. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Obvious damaged for being forced to work so young and say a few lines in an Arnie movie, damage is obvious, he wears black and looks like he listens to dubstep.

I prescribe anti anxiety meds and "talking to someone"

17. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

That, or join The Collective. Resistance is futile.

18. It does seem rather shallow when you put it that way. As if they cancelled because there wouldn't be enough non-white people for selfies to boost their cred. What I don't get is what exactly they expected in an 87% white county?

soulcompromise likes this.
  19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

We can get that up to 97% if we try hard enough

20. deleted

deleted Visitor