georgia?

Discussion in 'Georgia' started by Micha, May 1, 2009.

1. Micha

Micha Now available in Verdana!

i'm movin to rincon, right outside of savannah very soon for 2 months and i'm wondering what it's like over there? i hear savannah is awesome..

also i'm lookin for a bartending job(no experience..:() but if anyone knows someone who wants to teach me, i'd be great i promise.

2. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

drinking age is 21 here. ya cant be a bartender at 19.

few people here from around Savannah,im sure someone will give ya the low down on that area..

3. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

I grew up in Savannah and all around Rincon, Pooler, Guyton,
    Not bad towns, downtown Savannah is only about a 25 minute drive from Rincon, and if you are looking to bartend, then Savannah is where you are gonna want to be.
    At age 18 you are legally able to bartend in Georgia. I thought it was 21 too, but my sister just said it was 18 so I looked it up, and sure enough, 18.
    You should be able to find some pretty sweet gigs if you can get your foot in the door. All kinds of bars, pubs, clubs and night spots where lots of money can be made...

4. GardenGuy

GardenGuy Senior Member

I found a bartending school in Jacksonville FL, there's one in Atlanta, too. Are there places that will let you learn on the job?
    I am not aware of a bartending school in Savannah.
    It's a great place to live. Coming from Lousiana, you could keep up a boating lifestyle in those coastal marshes and islands.