Georgia on my mind

Discussion in 'Georgia' started by sprout, May 25, 2004.

1. tikwid

tikwid Member

i wish there were more drum circles around here

2. moonshyne

moonshyne Approved by the FDA

\

Actually One girl I know and I were gonna go play around with our drums down by the lake in carrollton. We're hoping to get some kind of unity thing going on, because we know the GA family/heads/hippies/ghkdfs are out there. Maybe we'll get lucky and folks willsee and join us.

I've seen the huge events that go on in the carolinas (look up the HUGE ashville drum circles on youtube), there are amazing hippie havens in tennessee, and hell there are even rainbow gatherings in alabama, and we all know ala is the DEVIL. :p

So, why can't we get it straight in Ga? We're all here, we all wanna meet up and get together, but for some reason it never happens. It's never gonna happen either if we don't just get to it.

Sprout added this thread back in 2004....we've still not met a single hip-forumer. How sad is that?

3. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

strange we have announced several gatherings on these forums,, we had this place listed on here for saturday night potluck drum circles here for years as well..

nope,, yall never showed.. however we have met 20 or so forum members over the years..

doors open anytime,we are always up for a impromptu drum circle...

4. moonshyne

Oh I know about y'alls gatherings, but we live on the other side of GA, currently with 5 kids and several hours away from you. As long as the invitation stands, I always have and still do plan on invading your property one day with my mini tribe. but we need a van to cart them all with us.

My earlier post was in reference to the people in our own area....all the people from douglasville, Lagrange, carrollton, ATL, villa rica, and all these other little towns in between. we're all within an hour or less of each other, and we all complain about how dead this side of ga is, but yet nobody ever seems to take the time to start anything up. (sprout and I included) I was watching one of those huge ass ashville drug circles, it looked like hundreds of people, and they do it every friday night . I was thinking why can't that happen around here? But then I figured even the asheville drums got started somewhere. 200 people didn't just grow out of the ground and start drumming.

So I'm hoping really hard that if tabby and I, and maybe sprout if he'll come, can start our own activity down by the clearly visible lake, maybe we can get something started.

5. hippiehillbilly

well they have a monthly drum circle in downtown birmingham,,if they can pull that off i dont see why somethin like that couldnt be done in carrolton.. i mean the college bein there and all.. could always print up some fliers an see where it gos...

6. hippiehillbilly

btw. grew up down that way,, i know the lake your talkin about,,would be a great spot...

7. moonshyne

LOL I'm glad you think so. Sprout doesn't agree, he thinks it's too trashy down there. I'd really love to go back down to Lagrange/west point and do it at west point lake down by the dam, since it's so huge and well kept, but the fact is it's off in the cut, and nobody is gonna happen to drive by and see us. I'd also like to try to do it at tanner park or whatever it's called, or somewhere in pine mountain like at FDR park, but again, it's secluded in those areas so we're not likely to really accomplish anything.

That little Lake carroll (can you really call it a lake? seems more like a large pond...) is right off of the road, easily visible from the road, and Bankhead is so busy I'd like to think someone would see, and want to join us.

It seems a little cheesy and deliberate....I've always thought this sort of thing should be spontaneous (sp?), but I think if we can start meeting people, it'll all be worth it. And, if we do manage to get something going, I think we could always relocate to one of the bigger parks.

8. hippiehillbilly

well to be honest its been 20 years since i been by it,, i guess i shoulda said "it used to be a good spot".. ;)

9. Old Stoner

Old Stoner Member

ROFLMAO... Hillbilly, you railed on me for mentioning I was out of weed, and said I was looking for a connect online. And here you are wanting to meet up with folks you don't know from Adam and indulge in the Wacky Tabacky? Hmmmm.... does that seem a little bit hypocritical to you?

I have no problem with you guys meeting up at all, don't get me wrong. I wouldn't mind meeting some of you as well.

However, it IS risky business. ESPECIALLY at Lake Carroll. Carrollton cops frown heavily upon weed smokers, even though UWGA was party central when I attended back in the 70's.

My advice if you want to do something in the Carrollton area? Find someone who has a few acres in the sticks around there, and do it there. Please don't stir those Carrollton cops up anymore than they already are. Most of 'em have their boxers in a bunch anyways...

10. D_MAN

D_MAN Member

Drum circles...are rad sauce, I've been in some small ones, but thats it, really cool though.

I've been to GA for a protest, but I gotta say, I love Waffle House!!!

11. hippiehillbilly

youve lost your mind old man,, a drum circle/potluck has nothing to do with drugs..if thats what you think i would suggest you not attend one,you would be disappointed.

and if you had been here ANY length of time you would know we have been doing this for years and years and up until a few months ago we even had a web site.. on that web site it clearly laid out our guidelines here and one of those guidelines was "NO DRUGS".. simply because you come here with nothing but pot on your mind doesnt mean everyone else does..

our life doesnt revolve around weed as you insist on implying although your statements suggest yours does.thats pretty fucking sad for someone of your age.

i do wish you would at the very least have a shred of evidence to suggest we invite people up to smoke weed (because NOWHERE in this thread or anywhere on these boards have we even hinted at such a thing,as a matter of fact you can find posts on here of us telling folks there not welcome here because of there desire to bring drugs here. ) before you choose to make slandering statements... in the future i would ask that you go by facts,not just by what runs around your pot fixated brain.

have a nice day...

12. Old Stoner

Old Stoner Member

Whether I've been here since biblical times, like YOU, or whether I just came on, doesn't make a large pile of shit in my opinion. I know people like you, who think they should be crowned King of the Forum, because of a high post count. I call bullshit on that, bubba... You're redneck tendencies are showing...

I could care less about your other website. I bet it did say NO DRUGS, since weed is just that, a WEED. Geez...

Nope, weed isn't my life, it's a neccesity that I also enjoy. In case you must know, I use it medicianlly to control migraine headaches and glaucoma. I also like it's effects. So in a sense, you're right. Weed helps me to function normally throughout the day, without having to be on highly addictive pills. I'll take smoke over pills anyday. YOU?

hillbilly said: i do wish you would at the very least have a shred of evidence to suggest we invite people up to smoke weed (because NOWHERE in this thread or anywhere on these boards have we even hinted at such a thing,as a matter of fact you can find posts on here of us telling folks there not welcome here because of there desire to bring drugs here. )

And I'm the Easter bunny. One must be highly naive to believe that. But whatever, man, whatever...

hillbilly said: before you choose to make slandering statements... in the future i would ask that you go by facts,not just by what runs around your pot fixated brain.

Sounds like you can slander with the best of 'em.

I'm through with you. No wonder folks say you're an ass, and think you know it all. Have a nice LIFE...

ROFLMAO...

13. moonshyne

Whao, what's with the hostility?

And who said anything about smoking weed? I don't have a problem with it, but I think it's very selfish to someone to potentially put a number of other people at risk by lighting up in a public area. If I knew someone with property out on the woods, maybe it would be different (although I don't smoke, or drink, or do anything else) but that's been my whole point....we DON'T know anyone. Anyway, if someone wants to smoke, they can either stay at home, or wait until they get home to light up.

I've heard stories about the carrollton cops, but I've also heard horror stories about cops all across the southeast. Generally, ALL cops frown on pot smokers, not just the ones in carrollton.

14. RaineLight

RaineLight Member

I live about an hour from ATL :D

I really want to check out L5P

15. zenguitar420

zenguitar420 Guest

16. sasquatchkitty

sasquatchkitty Member

I'm from ATL and I'm looking for a couple new roomies for January. My ideal situation would be to live with 3-5 other peaceful human beings in an old house in Atlanta. I currently live in L5P and I would like to stay in the eastside. anyone interest give me a holla: sososhabaam@aol.com