George Carlin's American Dream (May 20)

Discussion in 'Humor' started by GeorgeCarlinFan, May 8, 2022.

1. GeorgeCarlinFan

GeorgeCarlinFan Members

I did work on this - not sure if they’ll use the footage, but the researcher/archivist asked me (since I have a nice Mort Sahl/Carlin YouTube channel with rare stuff) if I had Carlin’s first appearance. She told me “I looked and couldn’t find it via NBC’s archive page”… I couldn’t believe she didn’t realize NBC was too cheap, and recorded over even the Carson shows until the early 70s… She told me she was working on the authorized Carlin bio (Jessica Berman Brogdon), so I helped her out… One hour out of my life looking for this one minute clip. When I asked if she could help me out, allow me to “ghost” (do archival grunt work), she ignored me… A few days later, Mort died.

She complained about the video quality, so it might not even be used. I hope it is, though. Maybe even the audio.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1289988..._=tttr_ql_dt_1

CurtisCCheck, scratcho and Upnorthguy like this.
  2. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Saw it. The show really delved into his life and inspirations. And of course it included some of his best comedy. If you missed it I highly recommend catching a rerun of it on HBO.

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

my own dreams have nothing to do with any nation, ideology nor belief.

this goes for dreams in both senses of the word, hopes and aspirations as it appears to being used here,
    and equally those para-life experiences that take place in actual sleeping dreams.

there is nothing in lack of diversity i would consider "american", or if there is, then there is nothing i would consider moral, in 'american'.

4. rick181au

rick181au Guest Lifetime Supporter

Absolutely love George Carlyns video on "GOD".

5. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

I have one of his shows on 8track

"Occupation Foole"