George Bush cares about black people...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Raving Sultan, Sep 10, 2005.

1. Raving Sultan

Raving Sultan Banned

especially when they join the army and get sent to Iraq.

2. ChanginTimes

ChanginTimes Member

It's not just black people he doesn't care about. It's poor people in general. It's a class issue more than a racial one.

3. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

well, there's overt racism, like your militants. then there's the racism by ignorance, which i think just about everyone can be guilty of to some degree. just because you can't really fully relate to someone, and they kind of get omitted from your world view. it's somethign that you can't really tackle until you've seen the effects of it with your own eyes and can fully admit to an incorrect prejudice. but it doesn't just apply to race, it applies to various things that inevitably set people apart form each other.

4. hippypaul

hippypaul Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Would have to go with the class issue - I don't think Bush can tell us apart - all non-rich people probably look about the same to him

5. Communism

Communism Member

Very true.

6. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Soon I suspect we'll be seeing the armed forces stepping up their recruiting drives in the Gulf states. "Join the army! Your town's been wiped out, so what have you got to lose?"

7. mynameiskc

in calling this a race issue, white people are supposed accept the idea that they would have been rescued or treated any better, when the fact is, had i been there, i don't think i woulda been any better off or pulled out of there any faster. that's a degree of confidence in the system that i just don't have.

8. Kastenfrosch

Kastenfrosch Blaubeerkuchen!! Lifetime Supporter

What has this world come to?

9. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

Bush still has some time left to address the NAACP. He could at least try to do that before he leaves office, if Cheney will let him. He's the first President since Hoover who hasn't addressed the NAACP.

There were some sick racist remarks being spouted off on the airways after Katrina hit, CSPAN in particular. I don't know what it is about CSPAN, but some of the callers on that network are real racial and religious bigots.

10. Angel_Headed_Hipster

Angel_Headed_Hipster Senior Member

true shaggie, and it does suck to hear that people have those opinions, but you have to really thank cspan for letting ALLLLL of the opinions possible get some airtime, that is what America is all about.

11. mynameiskc

yeah, that's just wierd. i totally support the right to speech of even asshole bigots. but no marijuana marches allowed? no flag burning? WTF?

but calling america the land that loves to hate is kinda harsh.

12. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

well if you look back at America's history you'll see that its pretty hard to find another name for it.

13. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

What makes you say that? And even if that were the case, so what? That means every president since Hoover made a 'mistake'.

14. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

Well, I'm not for shutting out opinions. The responses on CSPAN should be on topic, though. They were taking calls about what people thought about Katrina, and they got a number of responses that had nothing to do with it. For example, some young emotional guy called in, said nothing about Katrina, and went on a rant about the Democrats, referring to them as Devilcrats and saying they would go to hell while Republicans would go to heaven (he popped off the Biblical line about those to the left of the cross going to hell and those to the right going to to heaven).

The moderator just sat there and let him go on and on with that rant.

15. mynameiskc

true, but then you'll have to accept that it's pretty much a world-wide problem. fear breeds hate, and EVERYONE experiences fear.

16. mynameiskc

well, hell, it's held up by the black community as a representative for the black race within our nation, therefore opinions about it's nature are moot. if bush ignores the naacp, he's ignoring the black race in their eyes, and that's just bad politicking.

17. mynameiskc

and that's always annoying. off topic rants are irritating to no end.

18. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

CSPAN needs to change it's phone numbers back to just one number like they had before. Now their phone lines are restricted to: "Support Bush, Democrats, Other". Before that, it was "Republican, Democrat, Other". "Republican" wasn't narrow enough for them.

I guess their next move will be: "Support Bush, Everyone Else".

A caller actually asked CSPAN about this and they didn't answer and went on to the next call.

19. mynameiskc

i posted another piece on that statement.. my brother followed the dead for a while, too. but i still dont' know if i would call that hate so much as paranoia from the Just Say No nancy reagan era.

20. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

I always wondered about the horror in the U.S. over pot. Just the mere sight of a pic of a pot plant causes some people to have a spasm. Does the government have people socialized that well?