Gender Fluid

Discussion in 'Transexual and Transgender' started by irsis, Feb 12, 2020.

1. KathyL

KathyL Super Moderator Super Moderator

No problem with most of that. In fact, it is pretty progressive.

But at what point in allowing someone to "acknowledge that they are mostly female" or to "wear comfortable dresses and openly express their femininity when they feel like it" do you allow them to not be men?

Perhaps that is something you never considered, in which case it is an innocent omission. Or perhaps your intention is that anyone born with a penis is forever to be considered a man, in which case your statement is progressively-scented oppression. I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt, but at the moment it is too ambiguous to tell.

FredBrice likes this.
  2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

The trans-lady down the street (I don't know how they identify...) is interesting. They looked decent in women's clothes the other day. I was impressed. Nicely done. I know their first name is not correspondent to their birth sex, so maybe safe to say "she" and "her".

jmadre likes this.
  3. BiGuySW

BiGuySW Members

Sounds like you might be the one who is standing in judgment here. Anyone who wants to drop their association with the "man" label is free to do so. I know two trans women who chose to do so, and they have become happy and fulfilled. I am aware that there are also gender fluid people who have dropped the same "man" label, and they feel great about that. This is not a matter of me or anyone else "allowing" others to follow their bliss.

As a reminder, this is a thread about the broad population of people who are gender fluid, and is not restricted to people who no longer wish to be associated with one of the two major gender labels.

I don't care if you want to be magnanimous and grant me "the benefit of the doubt". I am a man who regularly expresses his femininity, whether or not those standing in judgment give me permission to do so.

FredBrice and djomalley like this.
  4. KathyL

Hey, relax, no judgement here. I just wanted to clear up the ambiguity. I am glad you have done so. Thank you.

FredBrice likes this.
  5. Timee

Timee Members

I say just be you. I respect people for who they are. We don't need to follow the same path as everyone. I hate when people say "thats what everyone else is doing". Who cares what everyone else is doing you be you and be happy. I think that society may be starting to come around but has a long ways to go. Why can't society just respect the individual? We need to break this cycle.

FredBrice and Lauren5158 like this.
  6. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I've never figured out why people care what others do in their lives, short of bringing harm. How does being trans, bi, or gender fluid affect my life or others that seem so judgemental?? People should keep their noses in their own business.

FredBrice, Escierto and Timee like this.
  7. Gender fluidity is the equivalent of a sixth generation American calling themselves Irish. It's an illusion. The need to be validated by playing the role of victim is destroying our culture. Be gay, but don't encourage ignorance.

FredBrice and Seebass96 like this.
  8. KathyL

Why is being gender fluid any more illusory than being gay? Why is being gender fluid "playing the victim" any more than being gay is?

Just another example of the patriarchy telling other people who they are and aren't allowed to be. You really need to do better than that.

FredBrice, Escierto and Happy Guy like this.
  9. Did you just say that homosexuality is an illusion? I'll remember that next time I have my illusive cock up some ones very illusive ass.

Because I'm a woman.

FredBrice likes this.
  10. KathyL

No, silly. I said that being gender-fluid isn't an illusion.

FredBrice likes this.
  11. BiGuySW

BiGuySW Members

Being gender fluid and not "playing the role of victim", I don't happen to agree with your thesis that gender fluidity is an illusion. Your opinion has no impact on my experience.

FredBrice likes this.
  12. Timee

Timee Members

I agree. Why should I feel like I have to hid aspects of my life just so I won’t be judged. Just let me live my life.

FredBrice and Escierto like this.
  13. Escierto

Escierto Members

I have always had a problem with the gender straitjackets of our society.

In the eighties I was a student taking care of my young children while my wife worked. You would not believe the accolades I received because I was........taking care of my children. A woman takes care of her children - nothing. A man takes care of his children - Father of the Year!

I was talking about my children with my daughter in law and she told me, you love them like a mother. Why can’t I love them the way a father should love them? Or am I really a mother at heart? After all one of my children did call me Mommy when she was a toddler.

Someone told me that I have the heart of a woman but what does that mean? Can’t a man be a man with a soft heart? Even now when we should have left these rigid ideas behind us, they continue.

FredBrice and KathyL like this.
  14. KathyL

Absolutely he can. If that fits you, then good for you, and more power to you.

I know of someone else in a very similar position, though, who did not fit that description. She realized, after years of being her kids' primary caregiver, that she was indeed trans female. Calling her a man with a soft heart just does not fit her.

One has to be careful, while liberating men, not to confine and deny trans women by saying, "Why can't you just be a soft-hearted man?" (I am not suggesting that that is what you were doing, @Escierto; your post just triggered that thought.)

FredBrice and Happy Guy like this.
  15. Escierto

Escierto Members

You are absolutely right. We need to liberate men but we need to liberate those trapped in male bodies as well. A round of liberation for everyone on the house!

FredBrice and KathyL like this.
  16. DaveTheBiGuy

DaveTheBiGuy Members

I feel like I could have written your response myself. I also think of myself as gender fluid.​
    I also have masculine and feminine characteristics, qualities and traits. I'm masculine in appearance, and enjoy the "typical" masculine things, such as: car, trucks, sports, drinking beer, etc. I have undeniable feminine (sissy) characteristics, qualities and traits as well. Things such as: wearing cute/sexy matching bras and panties, wearing cute/sexy female clothes, using feminine body washes, using female deodorant, using female body sprays, oh and I love the color pink. I've even had an ex-girlfriend point out that I "gossip like a girl", that I have a "feminine stance" when I'm standing, and that I tend to put my hands on my hips a lot like females do. I have known of, and have been embracing my "dual" identities since I was a young kid. it hasn't always been easy, but I've stayed true to myself, even though the difficult times.
    I don't know if I'd say my wife is gender fluid, but she definitely has masculine characteristics, qualities and traits. She keeps her hair really short, she'd rather wear tank tops with built in bras rather than wear an actual bra, she prefers wearing jeans and a t-shirt (or sweatshirt) rather than wearing dresses, skirts and pretty feminine tops, she has a mouth like a sailor, she's naturally dominate, both in and out of the bedroom, and the really "big one" for me... she's just as comfortable with strapping it on and penetrating me as she is with me penetrating her.
    Regardless of how her and I choose to self identify, and whatever "label" (or lack thereof) who choose to use, my wife and I balance each other out very well.

FredBrice and Daretobare like this.
  17. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I don't really get the relatively new terms bandied about these days--gender fluid--cis gender and I suppose some others that I can't recall right now. But, short of harming others with whatever practices people want to identify as , or whatever sexual feelings / actions folks want to act upon---it's none of my business. I don't get why people get so all fired het up about the actions of humans that want / are compelled to live their lives in the way that seems or feels natural for them to do. Again--short of harming others. Religion? Jealousy of those that can be so open? Hate of the "other"? It's difficult not to get caught up in what some say and / or do against ones beliefs / actions, especially in times like these when seemingly all social restraint has gone by the wayside. Life is all too short--sometimes brutal--sometimes beautiful--therefore , I say fuck ém--one should live ones life however that feels right. Again--short of harm to others. Of course I'm 83--what the hell do I know?

KathyL likes this.