Gender As A Social Construct

Discussion in 'Transexual and Transgender' started by TheSamantha, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Chigurh

Chigurh Members

So a woman claiming to be a man wouldn't piss you off, because you can relate to a human being?

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

^ well not in the same way anyway. a man can claim to be a man; an inanimate object can't claim to be anything so if anything is claiming to be an inanimate object they are proving themselves wrong in the process.

3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Apparently you don't know many people who smoke Salvia Divinorum.

4 people like this.
  4. TheSamantha

TheSamantha Member

5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Why would it piss anyone off?

6. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I scored 50% male 50% female. I still don't feel this survey is enough to prove gender is fluid and not inate based on it being less than 12 simple questions. Every individual thinks differently, that's what makes us all unique.

7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I'm an airplane and if that doesn't suit you you can take a parachute and just get out.

It goes against their perception of normal.

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

is this you?

[​IMG]

9. Asmodean

Can you edit that post and delete that pic please...? [​IMG]

10. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

11. Asmodean

Where's Glens post? I have a propeller on top of it now in order to make it appear younger of course.

12. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

He took everything out of it.

13. Asmodean

Thanks for clearing that up :p (glad I didn't blatantly assume it was deleted by a mod ;)) The post disappears then? Never knew that.

14. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

I never leave an empty post sitting around, or a double post. They're just useless clutter.

1 person likes this.
  15. springsound

springsound Members

I find this comment so interesting because it's just an opinion. There certainly are no scientific facts that support this comment. Gender is a social construct without a doubt.
    Each of us only understands our own gender and most of us aren't interested in how others feel about their own gender.

16. 6-eyed shaman

So scientifically proven diffences in estrogen and testosterone levels between males and females are all a social construct? The same gender roles that exist in the animal kingdom, are those also constructed by society? Is the ability to breastfeed the young, and the proven differences in muscle mass a social construct too?

You haven't provided sources that back up your scientific claims, because none exist.

17. springsound

springsound Members

And have you? Why don't you look around to see what information is available before you make a statement like "because none exist"? Where's your expertise? What is meant by the term "a social construct" is that the terminology for male and female are made up by society only to prove their individual concept, often relating to gender equality. Have a look at articles on the internet or in medical journals. Men and women both have testosterone but possibly in different levels. We assume that testosterone is a male hormone, but males can change testosterone into estrogen under certain conditions. With terms such as both gender and sex, there is more than just male and female.

18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

No one believes you dont care what other people think

19. 6-eyed shaman

What's your gender, and your preferred pronoun?

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

This doesn't make any sense to me the only "gender construct" I can make sense of is the genetic construction of who you are.

If you were born with a penis, you're a boy.

That's actually made so much sense the shit is scary. :unsure:

1 person likes this.