GCSE's, Colleges, Getting Wasted... Too much to do!!!!!

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Natz, May 25, 2004.

1. Natz

Natz Member

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo..............................
    What college is everyone going to or is at already?

And what courses?

2. Natz

Natz Member

I'm just gonna get my ass through these GCSE's and everything will be ok.... until i get my results back!!!!!!!

3. Mercy

Mercy Member

I was going to go to Leeds Music College in September, but I've decided to do Graphic Design at the college in the next town first, and spend the two years improving my music theory so I'm completely 100% ready for music college after. 4 years of sixth form will be weird...but worth it because music is the one thing that I care that I'm good at.
    Had my music exam today, did anyone else? How did you find it? There was a soul version of a Bob Dylan song on the exam which made me smile :)

4. Alomiakoda

Alomiakoda Boniface McSporran

Yeah I had it...

bloody stoopid exam it was too :p

Mind you, writing about Oasis & the Beatles was hardly taxing :p

i think (HOPE) I've done OK *fingers crossed*

Have you got English Lit and/or Humanities on Friday?

5. Spyder

Spyder La dah de dah

EVERYONE COME TO LAMPETER! ITS GREAT!

6. miabubble

miabubble Member

I applied to King's College London on ucas extra yesterday, because Cambridge screwed me over, so hopefully I'll get in. Which means I'll be in London next year :)

7. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

I'm off to Jesus College, Cambridge in October. Mia, why did Cambridge screw you over? I thought you were going to reapply? It's definitely worth it....

8. Claire

Claire Senior Member

Hmm well I'm a little bit old for college I guess now:p

But I'm enrolling on a part time guitar class at the Leeds College of Music to start in September.

I guess I'll be spending most of this coming acedemic year trying to finish off the first half of these damn engineering exams ... may enroll at uni again next year for the second half... if I can be bothered having no free time for god knows how long again!

Will have to way up the the pros and cons I guess.

Love Clairexxx

9. miabubble

miabubble Member

basically they want me to spend 2 years doing something I completely don't wanna just so I have the vague chance of being asked for an interview, and If I don't get it, theres no othe Uni that would do a beginners Latin course which is the only one Cambridge would accept me to (having done 2 years of Alevels in subjects that are completely irrelevant to Classics just to prove i'm smart) so if I don't get in I can't even do Classics at another Uni because I'll have forgotten it all (as you do after 2 years of not studying a language at all) and I'd have the wrong qualifications for most Uni's.

its all realy complicated and annoying :(

10. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

That sounds rather annoying, didn't realise it was so complex? Why won't they just take the grades you have already? Although I wouldn't worry about being called to the interview, most people who apply get asked for an interview. This may change in the future now that so many people are applying, but at the moment they ask almost everyone....

11. kier

kier I R Baboon

welllllll....i'm at (for another couple of weeks) west kent college, in tonbridge :) and i'm studying maths, biology and geography :eek:

and if i get my grades i should be going to the university of exeter....though i'll be situated in the falmouth area in cornwall....as i am going to go to cambourne school of mines. and i'll be studying renewable energy :D

don't supose any of you live in the south western tip of this land?

12. chickabean

chickabean Senior Member

i probably will be in the holidays kier me dear altho you probably know that and your probably gona be in tonbridge right?

im off to liecester in september to study contour fashion de montfort university...was pretty pleased to know that happyhippysoldierboy goes to the same uni so id know someone when i first went there but then he disapeared off the hipforums planet so i am friendless again ...gulp

but should be fun, and its a little bit closer to the northern hipforum land than south london! yay!! oh yeh and my accomodation is situated on the grand union canal so i shall be expecting some barge-ily visits from mr maon and miss stardust
    :)

13. Summertime

Summertime Member

I'm doing English Language, Spanish, Critical Thinking, French and History AS at the moment (and stupid General Studies) and next year I'm doing Spanish, French, English and History A2 plus Italian AS (assuming I pass my AS's!) Mia, have you looked at Oxford if Cambridge is too complex? Or is it the same? *Hugs*

Summer. xx.

14. miabubble

miabubble Member

same :( but I want to do a PhD so I'll do that in Cambridge. It all works out quite neatly if i get into King's College London on Highers :)

15. Megara

Megara Banned

whoa, classics, now thats a dying breed! glad there are others out there who still study it

16. Xiola

Xiola One Lonely Seagull

Ooo!!! He text me the other day! If anyone is interested then...He's living in Coventry at his parents house so he doesn't have the net. :)

17. miabubble

miabubble Member

you study classics too?! :D

i wish it wasnt a dying breed, there are so many people interested in it not enough fascilities for teaching it :(

18. Spyder

Spyder La dah de dah

i did a module in classics in my first year, very interesting

19. Megara

Megara Banned

i am, i'll finish my degree next year in Classics....and yeah the department at my school is pretty much dead....i was lucky and got a bunch of classes done before a lot of the faculty left...but classics is just dying all over the US and i guess in the UK too :( its sad...

20. Alomiakoda

Alomiakoda Boniface McSporran

Argh....you don't wanna go to Leicester :p It's shit.

But I live pretty near there and so do SamuraiSeahorse & Sionnach so you'll know some people :)

Actually I'm buggering off to Coventry aren't I Ah well I''ll still be near :p