Gay and getting married...is it an option ? (MERGED)

Discussion in 'Gay Polls' started by Duncan, Oct 9, 2004.

1. Lanze

Lanze Member

its already legal here in massachusetts unless our good president Bush bans it.

2. markdavid

markdavid Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Excuse my ignorance, but are you male or female?

3. icedteapriestess

icedteapriestess linguistic freak

I think some of the posters here are confused...

You are male, right? And wnat to know what our opinion is of you marrying your female girlfriend, even though you know you are gay. Thats it, in a nutshell, right?

If she knows you are gay, and is going into the marriage with no misconceptions, then as long as she is fine with it, go ahead. But, remember that even though she is "fine" with it now, she might not be in the future. If you have kids, and things don't work, she might try and take them from you... women do this all the time even when married to "straight" men.

If she doesn't know you are gay, then NO. Do NOT marry her if she doesn't know you are gay. You will really hurt her when things quit working/she finds out.

If you want to get married and have kids... why not look for a simularily minded gay man?

4. erzebet1961

erzebet1961 Senior Member

Men seem to be more cool about a gay chick marrying a guy because she wants kids.
    Wonder if its because they hope she'll bring her grilfriend over once in a while?

5. VertuHost

VertuHost Member

I've been with my partner 12 years and we can't marry in the USA. Why shouldn't people get married regardless of gender, unless it is against your specific religion. In that case, domestic partnership should be the option of choice, and DP's should have equal rights to married people. Idiot Bush made it so insurance benefits taken for domestic partners is now taxable for same-sex partners, instead of the usual non-taxable premiums. Why has nobody made a big deal of this? Most people I know didn't even notice the change. My employer at least sent an explanation letter explaining that it was not their choice to do this when it started...

Chris

6. evil lesbian

evil lesbian Member

if she feels that sex is just sex and non of the parties involved will be hurt then i say gi for it but if your married then cheating is cheating however obviously i support gay marriage

7. bkcmar

bkcmar keep those feet bare

Gay marriage should be legal and I'm certain it will be in the next 50 -100 years in the USA. Or at least we will receive marital rights without using the word marriage. We cannot offend the fucking religious conservative community. However, as a 45 year old gay man I will not see our community achieve these rights in my lifetime.

141 years ago slavery was legal in the confederate states. The Voting Rights Act and the Civil Rights Acts were passed in 1964/1965. This country will ultimately do the right thing. We will get equal rights. However, progress seems to proceed at a snails pace.

Unfortunately, we have an asshole in office who stole a presidency. This person and his minions restrict our freedoms.

Please vote in the mid term elections on Tuesday and express your opinion.

8. bkcmar

bkcmar keep those feet bare

Very wise and insightful advice.

9. SelfControl

SelfControl Boned.

EDITTED for a big bunch of crap.

Um, I dunno, do you really want to go into a marriage knowing that you aren't capable of being faithful? Regardless of whether you're going with guys or girls, it does seem a bit pointless.

10. Jinx

Jinx Member

I think it is just awful to marry a woman when you know you are gay. that poor woman. :(

11. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

In my mind, cheating is cheating, and it doesn't make a lick of difference who you do it with or how you go about it.

If you're not ready to make the commitment of marriage, then I suggest you not go through with it until you find yourself in a relationship (with whomever) where commintment isn't going to be an issue.

12. *~nathan~*

*~nathan~* Member

That ban on gay marraige is so so so so so unconstitutional. Doesn't dick cheney have a lesbian daughter?