gauged and bled... i need some expert advice.

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by zilla939, Feb 3, 2009.

1. sarahrei

sarahrei ~Lover~

I agree with you and I don't . You know how fast you can stretch, because only you can tell how your own ears deal with it.

That being said if you do stretch and there is blood you are doing one thing for sure, which is creating scar tissue. Scar tissue doesn't stretch well, if at all so you could make it much harder to go any bigger in the future.

2. scatteredleaves

scatteredleaves Smelly Hobo

guess id better clarify.
    i agree that everyone should do whatever the fuck you want and im not all about telling people what to do.
    my point is this: i am proof that stretching quickly and not listening to your body can result in bad scarring and blowouts, pain, thinning, inability to stretch higher and ugly lobes.
    so if youre going to stretch, you might as well be informed so you dont end up regretting it.
    the alternative, listening to your body, not causing pain, doing it slowly and gently will invariably result in nice healthy lobes you can be proud of.

i do agree that guages are just numbers, sometimes going up by one guage will be too much for someone, sometimes you can go up by two and it will not hurt.
    i usually skip the small sizes, 18-14 or 14-10.
    but they are a pretty good indicator in most cases, especially once you get up in sizes.

the bottom line: if you bled, you stretched crazy fast and tore your ear. thats never good. at the least youll have extra scar tissue where you tore and that can prevent your ears from shrinking and make it harder for you to stretch higher.
    all it takes is a little patience to have nice lobes, so listen to your body!

3. MrDot

MrDot Senior Member

Bleeding is never a good sign, yeah probally a rip, I'm not saying to shove it through fast or anything like that. Take your time, when there is slight pain IGNORE IT, when there is pain that'll make you flinch hella hard then stop. Pain is normal in gauging, but you'll know the difference between normal pains and bad pains lol.

4. zilla939

zilla939 Thought Police Lifetime Supporter

yep, thanks guys. i knew before i posted this i had screwed up. all i really wanted to know about was how i can condition my ears post-trauma if you will. i'm just glad i only did it to one side, and it seems to have healed just fine, though perhaps a bit imperfect... oh well.